Having 5.1 DVD player. Should go for 7.1 Ch AVR

akeshwar

Hello to all. First of all I would like to say that in the beginning I was just confused while reading all the comments but now i am getting understand the expert comments and opinions (coz these are practically examined). Its really a good expert forum for AV technologies.

Dear friends, I am having an 5.1 DVD player so should I go for a 7.1 Ch AVR and. Would it make any technical problem regarding their compatibility.Is there any problem installing the device?Actually I am in search of AVR so that i will first, would like to invest in AVR then speakers as well for near future satisfaction/enjoyment.

plz help me out from this technical aspect

thanx to all

regards

yes you can use a 5.1 DVD player with a 7.1 AVR - absoslutely no issues. You can also use the optical or coaxial connection from your DVD to pass Dolby/DTS signal to the AVR to decode.

BTW what will you do with an AVR without speakers??

To your question about the compatability of the 5.1 DVD player with 7.1 Avr is yes, there won't be a problem with your existing DVD player with your future purchase as when the DVD player outputs in 5.1 channel so the same would be output via your AVR in 5.1 channel itself but there are options in the AVR wherein you can Matrix the 5.1 channel to 7.1 channel too, and this doesn't cause any problem. Since 5.1 consists of Fronts 2 NOS. Center 1 NO. and Sorrounds 2 Nos with the SUB whereas the 7.1 consists of fronts 2 nos, center 1 no. , side surrounds 2 Nos., and Rear Surrounds 2 Nos. with the subwoofer, so here when you play a 5.1 DVD the sound would output from all channels except surrounds back channel but when you matrix the same through your AVr the back channel would also produce sound mixed by the AVR.
You should go with the 7.1 AVR as in future when you decide to go with a Blu ray player then you might need the additional two channels as the BLU Ray disks have the 7.1 channel sorround sound.

Thank u dear friend(s)....This will help me a lot. Actually i am not aware technical things due to that i was searching for a 5.1 AVR.....but it is my 75% of getting out from the confusion relating to AVR+Speakers.

Can u also please sugges me a (cheap) n best AVR (28-30k)

Thank u once again

Thank u dear friend(s)....This will help me a lot. Actually i am not aware technical things due to that i was searching for a 5.1 AVR.....but it is my 75% of getting out from the confusion relating to AVR+Speakers.

Can u also please sugges me a (cheap) n best AVR (28-30k)

Thank u once again

Onkyo 507/506, denon 1709, Yam 463

what DVD player do you have?? That can help us suggest a AVR for you. You can try what spiro suggested - they are great VFM products.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back