HD monitor query

redd

hi all,
please advise me regarding purchase of a 24 inch hd monitor.I am planning to build a htpc based on suprateep's recommendations in one of the htpc threads.Please specify which monitor is better and works as an all round
performer i.e for games and movies.

thank you

Whats your budget?

I would suggest go for the Dell U2410 if you can spend around 28-30k
or else you can go for Dell S2409W for about 13K.

They are very good monitors and come with 3 years warranty. They have a decent viewing angle and great PQ. Their built is better than anyother monitors available in India.

Whats your budget?

I would suggest go for the Dell U2410 if you can spend around 28-30k
or else you can go for Dell S2409W for about 13K.

They are very good monitors and come with 3 years warranty. They have a decent viewing angle and great PQ. Their built is better than anyother monitors available in India.

Kiran, What s your take on the Lg 22 inch lcd monitor -tv?

hi all,
please advise me regarding purchase of a 24 inch hd monitor.I am planning to build a htpc based on suprateep's recommendations in one of the htpc threads.Please specify which monitor is better and works as an all round
performer i.e for games and movies.

thank you

Hi,

You can consider Samsung 2233SW, it's a 22" FDH monitor available at 10K, the cheapest FHD monitor available in the market, I own the same monitor and mamaged to get it for 8K in mumbai. Colors are really good, good black levels.

22'' high def monitor 2233SW - LCD Monitor - Monitor | SAMSUNG

Dell has also got some cool FHD monitors like G2410, and at 24"they are priced around 25k-30k

Dell G2410 24 inch Full HD LED Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor Details | Dell India

Some cool monitors also available from BenQ for around 18k-25k.

BenQ India - Computing

Some good monitors from ViewSonic, but priced at around 30K

http://ap.viewsonic.com/in/products/productspecs.php?id=369

cheers

Last edited:
go for samsung p2250 or p2350.one of the best HD monitors with good contrast ratio,2ms response time and good black levels.. and very affordable also.

go for samsung p2250 or p2350.one of the best HD monitors with good contrast ratio,2ms response time and good black levels.. and very affordable also.

Price wise these are still higher compared to 2233SW (just comparing, no hard feelings for your suggestion:), may be an inch or 2 bigger......does not make a huge diff. though)

Check this link for reviews

Techtree.com India > Reviews > Basics > Monitors > Samsung P2250 LCD Monitor

If budget is not a problem, I would suggest AppleCinemaDisplay 30". It's simply awesome :licklips: . Though it's priced 10 times more than 2233SW.:D

cheers

I use Dell 2409WFP. It took one whole year to get used to 24". I think 22" will do just fine.

DELL monitors have a firmware problem - the sharpness increases by 25% only. 0-25-50-75-100%. This problem cropped up in 2008 and has not been fixed on my office monitors in 2009 models as well. Till date I have been unable to get optimal levels of sharpness for screen fonts on them. A firmware update released a year back for one model, to fix this, has not been copied to other models. So definitely something is broken within Dell product management. :)

Regards

Price wise these are still higher compared to 2233SW (just comparing, no hard feelings for your suggestion:), may be an inch or 2 bigger......does not make a huge diff. though)

Check this link for reviews

Techtree.com India > Reviews > Basics > Monitors > Samsung P2250 LCD Monitor

If budget is not a problem, I would suggest AppleCinemaDisplay 30". It's simply awesome :licklips: . Though it's priced 10 times more than 2233SW.:D

cheers

well dude u end up paying 1k more,but u get the advantage of 2ms response time which comes handy during games and fast moving scenes...anyways if price is de matter den viewsonic does de job better....

well dude u end up paying 1k more,but u get the advantage of 2ms response time which comes handy during games and fast moving scenes...anyways if price is de matter den viewsonic does de job better....

Hi,

Can you by any chance see Bacteria through your naked eyes,:lol: (just kidding), cause only then you can make out the difference between 2ms and 5ms response time. And more over all these values are only for marketing gimmics.......... I've seen samsung and lg monitor side by side displaying the same image, both having same contrast ratio but visually sky and ground difference in the image reproduction. So what say for this????

cheers.

I have seen this LG monitor and trust me its not worth it.

I have a Dell 2209WA and it has a great viewing angle and PQ. Surprisingly, I read somewhere that this monitor uses a LG panel. However, its far better than the LG monitors available locally.

Another thing good about Dell monitors is that they have great stands which can help u move the screen more conveniently.

If you dont want to go for Dell then Samsung is good too.

Kiran, What s your take on the Lg 22 inch lcd monitor -tv?

Hi,

Can you by any chance see Bacteria through your naked eyes,:lol: (just kidding), cause only then you can make out the difference between 2ms and 5ms response time. And more over all these values are only for marketing gimmics.......... I've seen samsung and lg monitor side by side displaying the same image, both having same contrast ratio but visually sky and ground difference in the image reproduction. So what say for this????

cheers.

Just check out in Gaming(like crysis) and connect a TV tuner card(watch sports channels) , U wil come to no de diff between 2ms and 5ms response time.:lol:

I have seen this LG monitor and trust me its not worth it.

I have a Dell 2209WA and it has a great viewing angle and PQ. Surprisingly, I read somewhere that this monitor uses a LG panel. However, its far better than the LG monitors available locally.

Another thing good about Dell monitors is that they have great stands which can help u move the screen more conveniently.

If you dont want to go for Dell then Samsung is good too.

Here is a list of panel manufacturers Panel Part Database

Cheers

Hi,

If you have to choose between Samsung 23" P2350 Lavander Series (11.5k) and DELL 24" - S2409W Wide HDMi / DVI(12.8k), which one of them will you guys go for and why. Please guide.

Thanks,
sri

Sri,

What purpose would this be used for? May be we should be able to differentiate from that?

Hi Suresh,

Casual use, for browsing,gaming and watching movies like 1080p mkv files and normal DVDs.

cheers,
sri

Last edited:
Hi all,
Even though the discussion is confusing [regarding what to buy] it is infomative. So finally guys suggest me what to buy-is it benq e2400hd or samsung or dell or is it Led lcd monitor or monitor-tv or any other.I will be using it for gaming,watching hd movies and more of internet browsing.

thank you.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back