HD STB for a LCD TV brought from US

Purchased Videocon d2h HD yesterday. And as expected, it has a setting to toggle the output between 1080i 50Hz and 1080i 60Hz. I have set it to 60Hz over HDMI and it works like a charm :D

Once done, tell more about the HD connection. There is another thread started where Videocon claims 12 'Asli HD Channels'.

Bansal,

Transmission is only in PAL mode in India, hence I am doubtful it will work. the only solution is to procure a pal to ntsc converter.

cheers,

So now we have D2H HD and Dish HD STBs supporting 60Hz for US only TVs. Can someone check on this setting on D2H DVR?

Purchased Videocon d2h HD yesterday. And as expected, it has a setting to toggle the output between 1080i 50Hz and 1080i 60Hz. I have set it to 60Hz over HDMI and it works like a charm :D

Hi, I need your help. I have this Sony TV that supports only NTSC and I got DVR from Videocon. I checked everywhere but I don't see this option in the menu. I can connect the component output but its only video (poor quality) and no sound.

Could you please let me know where to find this setting?
Thanks a bunch.I will be checking this forum frequently today to if there is any reply.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi, I need your help. I have this Sony TV that supports only NTSC and I got DVR from Videocon. I checked everywhere but I don't see this option in the menu. I can connect the component output but its only video (poor quality) and no sound.

Thanks a bunch. Please email me at [email protected] or call me at 9762575742. The Videocon technicians just left and I am not sure what to do next with this box.
Thanks

I don't know if the DVR has this setting but in the HD STB, it's there in (I think):

Settings->System Settings->TV Settings

I'll be able to confirm the exact path only after going home.

I don't know if the DVR has this setting but in the HD STB, it's there in (I think):

Thank you. Much appreciated. I actually have HD Set top box as well. As I couldn't get it to work I got HD DVR. SO I have two boxes and none of them work.
Thanks again. I am looking forward to see your reply tomorrow.

Thanks a bunch. Please email me at [email protected] or call me at 9762575742. The Videocon technicians just left and I am not sure what to do next with this box.

I will be checking this forum frequently today to if there is any reply.

Thanks

Are you using HDMI to connect between TV and DVR?

component inputs support only video. You will need to connect the audio RCA output also to get sound when using component inputs.

What can I say :indifferent14:

@Bansal,

One of my froend's got a sammy TV from US (Oct-2010) and hooked it to a HD Set top box. It worked fine for him. I am not sure what HD STB it was. Will try to get the info.

BTW, Is your dish setup completed? working fine?

Siva

Last edited:
@Bansal,

One of my froend's got a sammy TV from US (Oct-2010) and hooked it to a HD Set top box. It worked fine for him. I am not sure what HD STB it was. Will try to get the info.

BTW, Is your dish setup completed? working fine?

Siva

Well, all the TVs being sold in the US are not necessarily NTSC-only :)

Are you using HDMI to connect between TV and DVR?

component inputs support only video. You will need to connect the audio RCA output also to get sound when using component inputs.

When I use HDMI, I get a message saying 'check output of the devise'. WHat is RCA output? Is it our regular AV output? Can it be used along with component?
So basically, I will have to connect 3 connectors for Component and 2 wires for RCA and select component from the TV. Will do this experiment as well. But HDMI will be so wonderful.

Thanks.

Last edited:
By audio RCA I meant the Left and Right channels. These type of audio/video connectors are known as RCA connectors.

In your case you have connected the 3 component outputs to the TV. Now for that TV component input, there will be a corresponding LR audio input to which you should connect the audio out from the STB to hear sound.

Ok. Here you go:

1. Go to Menu->Setup->Installation
2. When asked for the installation code, enter 1234
3. Go to Box Settings->TV Settings
4. Change the HD Resolution
5. Connect using HDMI now and enjoy :D

Thanks a lot Bansal98. It worked!!! Now I hope I find time to actually watch the TV :)

Cheers!!!
-Nitin

Hello Bansal,
Which one actually works...Videocon HD Box or HD DVR Box?

Thanks
Prem

Back