HDMI (ARC) DTS HDMA Lossless Audio

Please re-check if this is DTS 5.1 or really DTS-HD Master Audio? As I believe latter is not yet technically possible?

Thats' correct, most media players in TV will downstream a DTS MA track to DTS track and a Dolby True HD track to Dolby track. Some TV's support upto outputing DD+ signal, but not HD Audio.

Thats' correct, most media players in TV will downstream a DTS MA track to DTS track and a Dolby True HD track to Dolby track. Some TV's support upto outputing DD+ signal, but not HD Audio.

Mmmm! how do i check that any suggestions?

I suppose you can check if your AVR is displaying DTS HD MA in display panel while playing a movie with DTS HD MA sound track.

Sure i will, i checked while playing DTS file the DTS display was on on the AVR, will check for HDMA file as well.

I suppose you can check if your AVR is displaying DTS HD MA in display panel while playing a movie with DTS HD MA sound track.

Hi, Yes i do get the display on the receiver when i play diff format files:) please check the pic below this is the option on the TV i get to chose.

Attachments

• IMG_20170102_232734427_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170102_232734427_HDR.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 42
Can you please post the display that you are getting on the AVR as well while playing a DTS HD MA file?

These are the display i should get, as i mentioned i could see DTS when i played dts files and when i played dts hdma file i get then one mentioned below for Dolby TrueHD symbol.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-01-04-11-24-02.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-01-04-11-24-02.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 33
Hi Guys not sure if many are using this feature, well now every latest TV has this HDMI ARC port, My question is connecting through TV's HDMI ARC port to the AV receiver is it possible to get the DTS HDMA lossless audio? Please suggest.

If your TV supports DTS HDMA and if your TV has HDMI ARC, then it will be able to transport the audio to AVR.

In my case, to be specific, my Sony 950A does not play movies from Hard disk which are encoded with DTS- HDMA sound format. So you need to ensure whether your TV can play it. The option I use is to play such movies in HTPC and bitstream to AVR for audio and TV for video. ( I got a GPU especially for DTS-HDMA )

If I bitstream to TV and then to ARC, I get a warning that format not supported in TV and no audio from AVR.

So its up to your TV's capability of playing a lossless audio.

If your TV supports DTS HDMA and if your TV has HDMI ARC, then it will be able to transport the audio to AVR.

Not sure if this is valid. Havnt come across any TV's that can support DTS HD MA track with stereo speakers inbuilt. Recent TV's can bitstream audio from HD files to passthrough DTS HD MA track to connected AVR's.

These are the display i should get, as i mentioned i could see DTS when i played dts files and when i played dts hdma file i get then one mentioned below for Dolby TrueHD symbol.

I understand this is the first time that you are playing content with DTS HD MA. And earlier you were actually playing only DTS, but you thought you are getting DTS HD through ARC, even with though AVR did not display this. Correct?

Now you are playing DTS HD and AVR is displaying as Dolby True HD? This is very confusing.

As requested by nipunkx, why don't you simply post the picture of what your AVR is actually displaying? Pictures that you have posted doesn't really confirm anything.

Not sure if this is valid. Havnt come across any TV's that can support DTS HD MA track with stereo speakers inbuilt. Recent TV's can bitstream audio from HD files to passthrough DTS HD MA track to connected AVR's.

According to articles that I have come across, some recent TVs can pass through DD+ over ARC. Nothing confirmed as yet for DTS HD MA/ Dolby True HD.

I understand this is the first time that you are playing content with DTS HD MA. And earlier you were actually playing only DTS, but you thought you are getting DTS HD through ARC, even with though AVR did not display this. Correct?

Now you are playing DTS HD and AVR is displaying as Dolby True HD? This is very confusing.

As requested by nipunkx, why don't you simply post the picture of what your AVR is actually displaying? Pictures that you have posted doesn't really confirm anything.

Hi please check the attached pic of the AVR's spec i posted earlier the spec does not say any particulate display of DTS HDMA on the AVR hence even though i played HDMA file i get the display of Dolby TrueHD i can also feel the great diff in the DTS file and HDMA file hope you are clear now

That is exactly what I said in a simpler version and more or less you have acceded what I have said there :)

Hey people one more update about ARC. My sony led is sending Dolby and DTS signals from their built-in video player. I tried playing content through their Video app and its sending Dolby Digital as well as DTS signals to the AVR.

Also with amazon prime, I am getting both DTS and Dolby stream.

But which is not working with any other video players including VLC. VLC android TV app does not even have the settings to enable multi channels.

Hey people one more update about ARC. My sony led is sending Dolby and DTS signals from their built-in video player. I tried playing content through their Video app and its sending Dolby Digital as well as DTS signals to the AVR.

Also with amazon prime, I am getting both DTS and Dolby stream.

But which is not working with any other video players including VLC. VLC android TV app does not even have the settings to enable multi channels.
How are you getting DTS with Amazon Prime? I only get Dolby Digital on Amazon. I have a Sony LED which supports DD, DD+, DTS.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I played one tamil movie and it gave dts stream to the avr today

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Back