HDMI splitter/switcher recommendation and where to buy?

dreameh

Hey guys,

Have my home theatre setup finally :yahoo:

Now I need advise from you gurus out here...

Need an HDMI splitter/switcher 4 input 2 output (4x2) to output to my HD projector (Optoma HD 33) and Plasma (Panasonic ST50)

(ideally 5k or less if there is no visible loss in quality)

- which specific unit do I buy and where?

- I see a bunch on ebay - but not sure if these are reliable.

- and what's the difference between splitter/switcher

My setup:

Panasonic ST50 plasma
Optoma HD 33 projector

Denon 3312 reciever

Wharfedale
Diamond 9.5 front floor standers
Diamond 9 cs center
Diamond 10 DFS surrounds (Dipoles)

SVS Subwoofer

Tata Sky HD
PS3
XBox 360

The Denon 3312 has 2 HDMI outs - but since it can't be connected to my UPS and given the power situation in Tamilnadu, I need an alternate splitter.

Pl. advise.

Thanks!

Splitter - Usually these accept one hdmi input and splits the hdmi out to two or more. Useful if you have two displays.

Switch - Usually have 3 or 4 HDMI inputs and one HDMI out. You can switch between different hdmi inputs. Useful if your TV has not enough hdmi ports to connect all your devices. Switches with 2 out splitters are usually called hdmi matrix switch. Whatever you buy, get a powered switch with remote control. Some switches can automatically select the hdmi port by detecting signal.

hdmi matrix | eBay

You would need to buy mix of switcher n splitter depending on your requirement. A network diagram on paper would help decide what hardware and cables you would be needing.

I recently purchased 1*2 HMI splitter from ebay. HDMI 1 In to 2 Out Splitter Amplifier for Dual Display Full HD | eBay with 7% discount code :)

Installed it yesterday and it works like a charm! Using it to split my TS HD signal to drawing room where TV is kept and other to my bedroom where I can watch TS on my LED monitor.

I may also have used switcher however luckily my monitor had a dvi and hdmi IN. So I am using hdmi in for TS and used a HDMI to dvi cable to connect my mac mini to monitor. Just have to toggle between inputs though the auto select feature on monitor also does that for me! Saved extra hardware (read switch) and some bucks as well.

Last edited:
Hey Vishu,

which splitter you bought ? how is it going? I am also need of output splitter one for LED and another for Projector.

is it 1.4, 3D compliant?

Please suggest.
Amar

is there any switch that you guys can recommend from your personal usage experience? It should be 3D capable.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back