Hearing loss and risk of Dementia

Loud music is very rampant during many Mehendi, engagement , birthday and wedding functions irrespective whether there are kids or heart patients. I was subjected to this kind of torture recently and had to walk out to provide relief to my ears.
It's so loud and uncomfortable that you cannot hear or enjoy any conversation.
I guess the general belief is louder the music , more is the enjoyment.

Loud music is very rampant during many Mehendi, engagement , birthday and wedding functions irrespective whether there are kids or heart patients. I was subjected to this kind of torture recently and had to walk out to provide relief to my ears.
It's so loud and uncomfortable that you cannot hear or enjoy any conversation.
I guess the general belief is louder the music , more is the enjoyment.
As I get older, I get the same impression too 😄
My theory now is that they make it very loud and difficult to hear or talk at such events to prevent quarrels and fights.

As I get older, I get the same impression too 😄
My theory now is that they make it very loud and difficult to hear or talk at such events to prevent quarrels and fights.
I guess as we progress with age, the tolerance level towards noise and undesirable bass reduces a lot, even though reduction in hearing ability sets in.

I guess as we progress with age, the tolerance level towards noise and undesirable bass reduces a lot, even though reduction in hearing ability sets in.
Absolutely for me. Specially when the bass is of poor quality and poorly integrated with the rest

For me I hate too much treble and distorted bass...the quantity is bearable but for quality my intolerance has only increased !

For a period of 12 months, pack up your hifi system and switch to a piddly BT speaker.

You'll start listening to the music rather than the sound of music.

When you unpack the hifi, a new sense of appreciation will set in.

Hearing loss will happen with hifi or cheap speaker. Remedy that separately.

Cheers,
Raghu
*Disclosure: I have hearing loss above 2 Khz

For a period of 12 months, pack up your hifi system and switch to a piddly BT speaker.

You'll start listening to the music rather than the sound of music.

When you unpack the hifi, a new sense of appreciation will set in.

Hearing loss will happen with hifi or cheap speaker. Remedy that separately.

Cheers,
Raghu
*Disclosure: I have hearing loss above 2 Khz
‘Sound wisdom’ (pun intended)… lived and earned! :)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back