hello all, i am g v pawar very new to this fourms. interested in audio system. (perticularly 2.1 system) listening instrumental classical and vocal.

G V PAWAR

i have 2.1 system grundig box 3600 and marantz pm 80 only. (100 watt speaker 100 watt amp) thinking suitable 1 or 2 12''subwoofers ( DIY OR BRANDED).but in budget .(max 20 k). can i make my stereo system more enjoyable ? low frequency range will improve my stereo listening quality . please suggest / guide. thanks to all.

What size are the LF drivers on Grundig?
A quick search showed images in which they looked quite big, like 10"/12"
If so, you would need like a 15"/18" sub to experiment with
Cheers,
Raghu

hello sir ,thanks for quick reply. details of my drivers are https://www.hifi-wiki.de/index.php/Grundig_Box_3600 you are right sir, bass is 10''its high frequency range is nice(tweeter and super tweeter) for instruments .and vocal(mid) also. if get rich bass in system, i will be rich:). i do not want loudness, expecting details and clarity in listing at low volume.i think you are well experience in this field I am thinking DIY sealed 12''x 2 SUB (or 10''x 2) . but no experience.please give your opinion .can you suggest right DIY?
on olx i have seen missiom ms 400 sub of rs 20000/ is it suitable but it will be single only.thanks sir again

hello sir ,thanks for quick reply. details of my drivers are https://www.hifi-wiki.de/index.php/Grundig_Box_3600 you are right sir, bass is 10''its high frequency range is nice(tweeter and super tweeter) for instruments .and vocal(mid) also. if get rich bass in system, i will be rich:). i do not want loudness, expecting details and clarity in listing at low volume.i think you are well experience in this field I am thinking DIY sealed 12''x 2 SUB (or 10''x 2) . but no experience.please give your opinion .can you suggest right DIY?
on olx i have seen missiom ms 400 sub of rs 20000/ is it suitable but it will be single only.thanks sir again
DIY and me are poles apart :D

Ideally, when adding a sub you want it to dig deeper than the main speakers.
I would assume the Grundig can go pretty low with a 9" woofer by itself, spec says 225 mm.
So, have you tried another amp? These are 4 ohm speakers and may possibly present some challenge to the present amp.

Cheers,
Raghu

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back