Hello all

wishihadtubes

Hi everyone,
Have visited the site often and decided to formally join in today. Am currently one of only two Indian journalists posted in Pakistan. Am more of a music lover than an audiophile and I prefer the sound of vintage equipment.
Islamabad has little to offer by way of hi-fi outlets or music stores (almost all CDs available here seem to be pirated CD-Rs) but it has a great flea market (open thrice a week) where I've been able to pick up great vintage gear dirt cheap.
Have had fun putting together a stereo set up with this gear -- currently consists of a Garrard SP 25 Mk II turntable (with Pickering cartridge, bought for about Indian Rs 450 in very good condition, dust cover has two large cracks and clip to hold tonearm is missing), Denon PMA 717 pre-main amplifier (about Rs 700), Cambridge Audio CD36 CD player (about Rs 600), Sony ST-S261 tuner (about Rs 500) and Onkyo D-SX7 two-way speakers (about Rs 600).
Also picked up a KAM turntable with a Stanton cartridge for about Rs 200 (in working condition!), a Sansui G33X amplifier (which needs some repairs) and an Aiwa PX-E855 turntable (again perfect working condition with near new cartridge).

Attachments

• DSC03636.jpg
    DSC03636.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys!
@jitubisht, living here is crazy, int agency guys follow all indians at all times, even when i go to buy veggies at the market or to the barber's for a haircut. anyways, my time here is almost up and i will be glad to be back in India, tho i'll miss the flea market. (don't know anywhere else i can buy Frank Sinatra or Heart records for about Rs 10 each!)

@jitubisht, have been entertaining thoughts of getting the emotiva ERC-1 for my main set-up? is it as good as it's really made out to be? :)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back