hello, I'm from hyderabad looking to build my 1st HT

manoj.srijan

hello everyone,

I'm planning to build a home theater for my penthouse, i already brought epson 9400 for the video. I'm looking for speakers to match it. mind you the space isn't a dedicated room( not going to get acoustics treatment) but the floor space falls in large room category in HT setups. i was looking into elac debut f6.2 series for an 5.2.4 setup, i happen to audition them and I was really impressed by them. it would be really helpful

1)if someone can give me alternatives options which i should look into for the speakers?
2) what subs should I look into with a price of around 40 to 50k each for the subs? i was looking into two 10 inch subs as two 12inch subs will be out of my budget
3)and for the avr i was looking into denon 4700h and marantz 6015, both the avrs has similar specs but denon seem to have extra 15 watts of power for an extra 20k or should i get the marantz 6015 and an amp for that extra 20k instead? i quick reply will be much appreciated.

thank you

hello everyone,

I'm planning to build a home theater for my penthouse, i already brought epson 9400 for the video. I'm looking for speakers to match it. mind you the space isn't a dedicated room( not going to get acoustics treatment) but the floor space falls in large room category in HT setups. i was looking into elac debut f6.2 series for an 5.2.4 setup, i happen to audition them and I was really impressed by them. it would be really helpful

1)if someone can give me alternatives options which i should look into for the speakers?
2) what subs should I look into with a price of around 40 to 50k each for the subs? i was looking into two 10 inch subs as two 12inch subs will be out of my budget
3)and for the avr i was looking into denon 4700h and marantz 6015, both the avrs has similar specs but denon seem to have extra 15 watts of power for an extra 20k or should i get the marantz 6015 and an amp for that extra 20k instead? i quick reply will be much appreciated.

thank you
How big is your room? The 4700 wil be my choice for movies. 6015 is a good option as well and saves a 20k which can be used on speakers. 40-50k there are decent subs available. Polk HTS12, q acoustics Qb12, Bic pl200-ii. Speakers check out q acoustics. Emotiva c1 and c2 have good feedback for center channel.

hello everyone,

thank you
Welcome @manoj.srijan to the world of HT. I am also getting my HT setup done, details are here. Few questions:
1) Size of the room (already asked)
2) Number of seating rows
3) Budget
4) Screen size
5) Viewing distance
6) Will the setup be used only for HT or stereo as well

it will be around 23 x 20 feet, it will be used for 50% movies and 50 % music. but more emphasis on music part. i wanna stick lcr at least same brand and series, so that i can get the timber matching right. my doubt is that 4700 has extra 15 watts over 6015 but i cant get proper information regrading whether that extra 15 watts is for all the channels or only when used in stereo? so i was thinking whether i should get a 2 channel amp to drive the towers and use 6015 if thats only for stereo mode. is it a good idea? bic pl200 or f12 which one is better?
How big is your room? The 4700 wil be my choice for movies. 6015 is a good option as well and saves a 20k which can be used on speakers. 40-50k there are decent subs available. Polk HTS12, q acoustics Qb12, Bic pl200-ii. Speakers check out q acoustics. Emotiva c1 and c2 have good feedback for center channel.

Welcome @manoj.srijan to the world of HT. I am also getting my HT setup done, details are here. Few questions:
1) Size of the room (already asked)
2) Number of seating rows
3) Budget
4) Screen size
5) Viewing distance
6) Will the setup be used only for HT or stereo as well
1) 23 x 20 feet
2) one row but two different listening positions, the main area will about 9 to 10 feet from the wall and the bed will about 17 to 18 feet. i know we can only focus on one position but i at least the hear the lcr from the second position
3) around 4 lac for the audio
4) not yet decided but 120 to 135 inch fixed screen, but not sure whether to take liberty or elite, mild ambient light will be there, any suggestions on that, looking to spend 40k on it
5) 9 to 10 feet but can be flexible not yet decided
6) yes, both

it will be around 23 x 20 feet, it will be used for 50% movies and 50 % music. but more emphasis on music part. i wanna stick lcr at least same brand and series, so that i can get the timber matching right. my doubt is that 4700 has extra 15 watts over 6015 but i cant get proper information regrading whether that extra 15 watts is for all the channels or only when used in stereo? so i was thinking whether i should get a 2 channel amp to drive the towers and use 6015 if thats only for stereo mode. is it a good idea? bic pl200 or f12 which one is better?
23*20 is a big room. The power ratings are only for 2 channels driven. For your room size getting a PA is a wise choice. Get a 3 channel PA for LCR alone. Pl200-ii is better then F12.

1) 23 x 20 feet
2) one row but two different listening positions, the main area will about 9 to 10 feet from the wall and the bed will about 17 to 18 feet. i know we can only focus on one position but i at least the hear the lcr from the second position
4) not yet decided but 120 to 135 inch fixed screen, but not sure whether to take liberty or elite, mild ambient light will be there, any suggestions on that, looking to spend 40k on it
6) yes, both
As @Love4sound suggested, go for power amp for LCR and let AVR drive the surrounds and atmos. I am too going for 3 channel PA for LCR as mine will be fully treated room and don't want to drive AVR to its capacity. See if you accommodate single tower behind the screen for center as well and take professional help as suggested by FMs

23*20 is a big room. The power ratings are only for 2 channels driven. For your room size getting a PA is a wise choice. Get a 3 channel PA for LCR alone. Pl200-ii is better then F12.
or else should i stretch my budget and get one really good sub under 1 lac instead of 2 50k subs , what i have learned from little research which i did online, a flat curve is always much better and svs, ryhtimik, hsu seem to nail it. what would you suggest?
As @Love4sound suggested, go for power amp for LCR and let AVR drive the surrounds and atmos. I am too going for 3 channel PA for LCR as mine will be fully treated room and don't want to drive AVR to its capacity. See if you accommodate single tower behind the screen for center as well and take professional help as suggested by FMs
thats a nice option too, what amp are you using and what are my options here? im not getting a acoustic screen as this isn't a dedicated setup so that option is out of the box.

Manoj, I would say that you take professional help given the big bucks you have as budget. @prateekatasniya is based out of hyderabad and has recently helped a FM setup a professional looking HT.
sure, thank you. i did approach few pros but they were aggressively pushing certain products so i backed off a little and started researching on my own outta curiosity and fell in love with the process

or else should i stretch my budget and get one really good sub under 1 lac instead of 2 50k subs , what i have learned from little research which i did online, a flat curve is always much better and svs, ryhtimik, hsu seem to nail it. what would you suggest?
I would suggest dual sub.

thats a nice option too, what amp are you using and what are my options here? im not getting a acoustic screen as this isn't a dedicated setup so that option is out of the box.
Bangalore based IndiqAudio is taking care of my entire HT. Going with their highly reviewed and regarded PA and Towers.

Bangalore based IndiqAudio is taking care of my entire HT. Going with their highly reviewed and regarded PA and Towers.
sure, ill look into them too, thanks for the info. do you happen to own them? which range of speakers would you compare them to i mean with major known brands?

hello everyone,

thank you
If you decided to go for a amp. You can buy the denon 3700h and used the extra money on the amp .

200 watts sub for a big room ? Will the be sufficient enough ?
And power amps for LCR or left right speakers ?
Wouldn't it be a better option to use the power amp budget and get a single powerful subwoofer to energize the room.
Smooth bass response from underpowered subs is of no use.

1) 23 x 20 feet
6) yes, both
A 120" screen from 10 feet distance will become a IMAX type viewing which can be a bit overwhelming for some.

Such a huge difference between the two rows means relative screen size variation between the two rows would be huge. ( Angle of view)
So seating has to be planned well.

Speakers without wave guide means wider tweeter dispersion And thus closer critical distance.
And in an minimally treated speakers the sound would be more reverberant when compared to a speaker with wave guide ( which helps is focusing the sound towards the listener)

And in this particular case it is a very important factor to consider.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back