Hello!! Need Info on Sterio type and AVs

Dinxsh

Hi Folks!!

I want some thing where I have can get good music output as well good sounds effects while playing movies..

Lately I have been to a dealer and took a demo for Denon 9911 and Rotel with speaker Wharfedale 10.1. I loved when played with the music, but with Denon i wasn't that happy. But I am sure with movies it would be good.. any suggestions if I don't want to miss both? And have just 1 instrument? Or any most economical one?

What is your budget?

For music look for a stereo setup.
For movies look for an AVR setup.

Is there a denon 9911 model?

Oh its Denon 1911. That was typo. Looking for a mid-range. Budget is around 50K INR. Also is there any stereo type or vice versa where I don't want to compromise at all on music and very little compromise on Movies

Last edited:
Hi Folks!!

I want some thing where I have can get good music output as well good sounds effects while playing movies..

Lately I have been to a dealer and took a demo for Denon 9911 and Rotel with speaker Wharfedale 10.1. I loved when played with the music, but with Denon i wasn't that happy. But I am sure with movies it would be good.. any suggestions if I don't want to miss both? And have just 1 instrument? Or any most economical one?

Hi Din,

Welcome to HiFi fraternity. Let me elaborate on his audition as I have accompanied him to Vector Systems@Hyd.

1)The setup was some top end Marantz CD player+Rotel Pre+Power Amp+ Diamond 10.1 bookshelves. Music that we've listened to was of Madonna, Britney Spears and few songs from Telugu flick Darling. The experience was very good and we both were heavily impressed by Rotel combination pumping out 85 wpc to speakers. The environment was not acoustically treated. All the required juice was supplied to Diamonds to shine. But the cost of Rotel combination was too costly for a beginner's setup. Ramchander of Vector systems told it is north of ? 1 Lac.

2) Then we have listened to Marantz BDP+Denon 1311+Diamond 10.1 in the HT audition room which is acoustically treated but we felt the AVR was not upto the mark in driving Diamonds.

Dinu initially wanted a full 5.1 HT system but wanted the best out of it for music also. Ramchander and myself have explained to him that an AVR cannot do Stereo Amp's job and vice versa. I have suggested him to go with Diamond's 10.1+Norge amp for a beginner's setup. Source has not yet been decided.

So, Ramchander and myself have suggested him to join HFV to get more valuable inputs from senior audiophiles here. I hope he'll get the necessary help from us.

cheers!!
KVN

Oh its Denon 1911. That was typo. Looking for a mid-range. Budget is around 50K INR. Also is there any stereo type or vice versa where I don't want to compromise at all on music and very little compromise on Movies

It is 1311@24K

Start with this thread and follow links provided by Captn and others.

Last edited:
Prices of denon avr have fallen. So 1311 is available around 18k and 1611 around 24k. There should be similar drop in 1911 also.

Great!! Thanks Naren for narrating it more clearly.

So guys, what do you suggest in case if I do not want to sacrifice either on music or on movies?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back