Hello... This is Steven

stevendsa

Hi,
I am Steven, based out of Pune and looking to assemble my Home Audio setup.
Just joined the forum today to post some queries.

Have spent the last few weeks reading up to improve my understanding on home audio setups from similar forums and sites.

Been procrastinating my decision on a home audio for a few years, but seems like its time. Look forward to comments from you guys on building the setup.

Hi Steven,

Welcome on-board and happy HFVing :)

A few things to ponder before you being with your sojourn:

1. What are you expecting from your setup: great sounding music or an exhilarating movie experience or a bit of both

2. Your taste and preference of music

3. Your listening/viewing area

4. Your budget

5. Your approach - one shot purchase or a 3-4 pronged buy

... and then you will have options emerging ...

Hope this helps.

Thanks guy for the welcome.

1. Your taste and preference of music
I listen to a broad range of music - whenever I can - but I prefer listening to classic rock.

2. What are you expecting from your setup: great sounding music or an exhilarating movie experience or a bit of both
60/40 in the favor of music. I do watch a lot of movies, but preference is still music.

3. Your listening/viewing area
22*14 room, which is very oddly shaped to accommodate an open kitchen/dining area.
I expect to be sitting at 11-12 feet from the Wall which has the TV.

4. Your budget
Looking at procuring a Denon 2311 AVR already which as per my current chosen option is going to be sourced from the US. Although I am evaluating other geos.
Setting aside about 50k for speakers to start off.

5. Your approach - one shot purchase or a 3-4 pronged buy
Start with a 3.1 stereo setup and then add on the surrounds later. Two floorstanders, 1 center channel and 1 subwoofer.

... and then you will have options emerging ...

Fingers crossed!!

Welcome Steven,

Have fun here. In time you'll tend to develop a certain Bond with the forum even though the name might not be James. Fear not, this cryptic message will become clear as time goes by for tomorrow never dies.

regards

welcome steven....

you are moving in the right direction in your quest for a good hifi system..good luck..and happy stay!! ...

ganesh

hey steve... firts of all a welcome to the foum..

now if music is you priority.. forget an avr.. get urself an amp and a pair of bookshelves that wud suffice ur need for area 11x11.

however if u want to step by step.. yes then go for an avr .. make a stereo setup >add a sub later> then surrounds later..

but if still music .. nutin will beat a stereo amp with bookshelves.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back