HELP - 64 inch D8000 Plasma or . . .

I'm using 64D8000 for more than 3 months now. No Peeling issues at all. There is some fluctuating brightness. But it was solved using logic board update suggested in avs forum.
I bought this TV for 1.8 lacs with Samsung Sound bar + Woofer, 4 3d glasses and couple of blurays free. Great picture quality, Colors and contrast are much better than comparable models. Black levels are not as good as Panasonic but can live with that, not much noticeable during movie playback. But if you buy this TV don't upgrade the firmware, it will mess with picture quality.

Hi, Sajjad,

It seems that you have struck a good deal with the Samsung dealer. Your purchase price of 1.8L is very attractive with so many fringes. Is it the nett price (after all taxes and levis)? cause in chennai I could get the lowest offer of 2.05 L I am still on negotiation with them.

If you can provide me the bill details it will be helpfull for me to push them.

Thanks and Regards,

R. Balagopalan

Thanks. Will get in touch with him

Sajjad4Joy has the 64D8000 and it looks menacing.
He is happy. Infact very happy. Talk to him.

Why not 50 to 55 Inch plasma for daily viewing and projector + screen + nstallation in rest of the budget??

There were two others who had bought this very same model between Sep -Nov of 2011 -you can search for samsung 64 plasma 8000 or some such similar keywords.

One of them complained about the peeling issue within four weeks of purchase and he returned it I think.

My previous plasma was the Samsung PS51C6500 and I am also interested in this particular model/size and contacted Samsung and the specific Plasma Support technicians but they couldn't give me any proper or relevant information.

I mentioned that if at all there was this issue, then it had been solved by the introduction of small spacers between the panel and bezel for heat dissipation and that had solved the issue in later batches from the factory but they never acknowledged the issue - leave alone talk about the solution. I think not many people are buying this model at this price and therefore they are merely ignorant of the issues and not trying to fudge it or bamboozle us .

I have not had success in Chennai Samsung Stores- you can let me know if you had better success with the Mumbai Samsung Stores.

This seems to be the one issue if at all and everyone seems to just love this particular model.

Guys,

I had postponed my purchase but now i am finally moving into our new home by mid-March.

Please suggest if i should go ahead with the 64D8000. I am certainly keen in 60 + size only.

Thanks in Advance.

Cheers,

Praveen.

There were two others who had bought this very same model between Sep -Nov of 2011 -you can search for samsung 64 plasma 8000 or some such similar keywords.

One of them complained about the peeling issue within four weeks of purchase and he returned it I think.

My previous plasma was the Samsung PS51C6500 and I am also interested in this particular model/size and contacted Samsung and the specific Plasma Support technicians but they couldn't give me any proper or relevant information.

I mentioned that if at all there was this issue, then it had been solved by the introduction of small spacers between the panel and bezel for heat dissipation and that had solved the issue in later batches from the factory but they never acknowledged the issue - leave alone talk about the solution. I think not many people are buying this model at this price and therefore they are merely ignorant of the issues and not trying to fudge it or bamboozle us .

I have not had success in Chennai Samsung Stores- you can let me know if you had better success with the Mumbai Samsung Stores.

This seems to be the one issue if at all and everyone seems to just love this particular model.

Its true that the screen peeling issues on this model are all over the internet ... I have spoken to Alpha (Vile-Parle) in Mumbai ... he has sold around 30 sets of this model and he hasn't received a single complaint yet..

I'm using 64D8000 for more than 3 months now. No Peeling issues at all. There is some fluctuating brightness. But it was solved using logic board update suggested in avs forum.
I bought this TV for 1.8 lacs with Samsung Sound bar + Woofer, 4 3d glasses and couple of blurays free. Great picture quality, Colors and contrast are much better than comparable models. Black levels are not as good as Panasonic but can live with that, not much noticeable during movie playback. But if you buy this TV don't upgrade the firmware, it will mess with picture quality.

3 months ago i was also getting a very similar deal... there was also a 22 or 26 inch led along with other freebies ... but now the best price i am getting is 1.92 lacs (includes 4 x 3d glasses + 5 blue ray movies).

Can anyone help me get a better deal on this model ? I am looking forward to finalize within 2-3 days.

Guys the best price i am getting for this model is 1.92 lacs from Alpha, Irla (includes 4 x 3d glasses + 5 blue ray movies).

Can anyone help me get a better deal on this model ? I am looking forward to finalize within 2-3 days.

ok Guys

So i am almost ready to take the plunge now.

Best offer : Rs. 178,000/- (includes 4 x 3d glasses)

Please advice

Go for it, it is an excellent plasma.If you want you may also wait for the 64" E8000 to arrive.

Hi Balagoplan Sir,

The Dealer provided me with 2 lakhs bill, and warranty and all will be applicable. So I don't think it will be of much use to you. If you want I will check if this offer is still valid.

Thanks

Hi, Sajjad,

It seems that you have struck a good deal with the Samsung dealer. Your purchase price of 1.8L is very attractive with so many fringes. Is it the nett price (after all taxes and levis)? cause in chennai I could get the lowest offer of 2.05 L I am still on negotiation with them.

If you can provide me the bill details it will be helpfull for me to push them.

Thanks and Regards,

R. Balagopalan

Back