Help! brand new Marantz CD5004 - "No disc" & "Error" issues

I had got my Marantz CD5004 repaired at Lakozy, Mumbai in April. And recently, it has begun showing signs of misbehavior again. An MP3 CD which it used to play before is not playing now. I thought the lens is dirty and put in a lens cleaning CD and it didn't play that. Then I opened it and cleaned the lens manually with a soft art brush. But no, no luck with that CD and then I noticed that it is playing others but not those particular CDs. After having spent 4.5k, it is annoying to face a similar problem in just 6 months. The other thing is that Lakozy has also heavily overcharged me. I spoke to Gratton Vaz recently and even he expressed surprise that I was charged so much. Don't know what to do now. Go back to Lakozy or go elsewhere.

Sent from my PLK-UL00 using Tapatalk

I had got my Marantz CD5004 repaired at Lakozy, Mumbai in April. And recently, it has begun showing signs of misbehavior again. An MP3 CD which it used to play before is not playing now. I thought the lens is dirty and put in a lens cleaning CD and it didn't play that. Then I opened it and cleaned the lens manually with a soft art brush. But no, no luck with that CD and then I noticed that it is playing others but not those particular CDs. After having spent 4.5k, it is annoying to face a similar problem in just 6 months. The other thing is that Lakozy has also heavily overcharged me. I spoke to Gratton Vaz recently and even he expressed surprise that I was charged so much. Don't know what to do now. Go back to Lakozy or go elsewhere.

Annoying indeed! Does it play commercial CDs? How difficult can CD player repair be?? Bring it to Hyd and show it to Sachin @Avis electronics.

Annoying indeed! Does it play commercial CDs? How difficult can CD player repair be?? Bring it to Hyd and show it to Sachin @Avis electronics.
Hahaha. It's annoying enough for me to think of junking the player. It was not even reading the lens cleaning CD. Let me make a copy of that unread CD and see if that works. It is playing other CDs fine. But I remember that this is how it started deteriorating the first time. It wouldn't play a few CDs first and then it would play nothing.

Gents, My Cd 5001 plays most times but sometimes it just show ERROR....any tips pls .....
Am looking to replace the tweeters of my tannoy Mercury M1 cherry bookshelf....any suggestion where I can find genuine support and material...thank you

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back