Help Buying 50" Plasma

The S10 is being offered for 1.16, and the MRP of the 850D is around 1.50 IIRC. Do you need a Full HD set? The C10, X10 and PV80D (1366X786) would be much cheaper. In fact, the C10 after exchange is 79. All have scope for negotiation.
Don't know about the Z and V series.

Samsung plasmas are very difficult to find in the market :(... So guys, please suggest me some 50" plasma full hd from panasonic...
you must try to source/buy what you want. i'm sure you will find some dealer in your region. typically samsung has a lot more retail outlets than panasonic. so if you can't find a samsung i guess it would be hard for you to get a panasonic too!

Last edited:
I dont think the brandshops are aware that these models have been released or probably they are just trying to clear stock . I checked with two brandshops here in Bangalore today. One outright said the V10 is not for the Indian market while another said they will check with the Panasonic distributor. So it may still be some time further before we get to see these or purchase them

Ya samsung lcd and led are easily availlable... but plasma??? PS50B550??? I cant find it... Guys help me out wit dealers in chennai\bangalore to get a good deal for PS50B550...

E-mail Samsung India contact us - SAMSUNG
Also let us know what price they quote. These days, all shops are so eager to push "LED" and LCDs, they don't keep any information about the plasmas.

Hi,

I also considering buying a 50" plasma/ 46" LCD.

- Viewing distance is ~12-15 feet
- The TV will go to my basement - so average ambient light
- Typical viewing would be mostly Tata Sky (usual stuff, some sports - football, cricket & Tennis) and some movies on DVD (including action/ sci-fi), maybe a little gaming.

I am considering the following:
- Panasonic TH-50X10 plasma
- Sony 46V550A
- Samsung LA46B550K1R (or maybe even a 46" 530 if I can find one)

Would appreciate comments/ suggestions on what would be good value for money.

rgds.

The Samsung PS50B550 would be value for money. Prices being quoted are in the range of 75k, and by all accounts it's a cracker of a TV. 50", Full HD, Samsung's excellent panels and image processing.....can't really ask for more.

Hi,

I also considering buying a 50" plasma/ 46" LCD.

- Viewing distance is ~12-15 feet
- The TV will go to my basement - so average ambient light
- Typical viewing would be mostly Tata Sky (usual stuff, some sports - football, cricket & Tennis) and some movies on DVD (including action/ sci-fi), maybe a little gaming.

I am considering the following:
- Panasonic TH-50X10 plasma
- Sony 46V550A
- Samsung LA46B550K1R (or maybe even a 46" 530 if I can find one)

Would appreciate comments/ suggestions on what would be good value for money.

rgds.

Hi,

Going through the posts in other threads too, PS50B550 seems to be a good one. However, I have not been able to locate a dealer where I can check it out. Any50B550 owners here? WOuld appreciate any feedback that you may have on this model.

I did look at the Sony 46V550 and the PQ for Tata Sky feed seemed to be pretty good. It does not have 100Hz for motion, though. Is this a big drawback?

rgds.

The Samsung PS50B550 would be value for money. Prices being quoted are in the range of 75k, and by all accounts it's a cracker of a TV. 50", Full HD, Samsung's excellent panels and image processing.....can't really ask for more.

sure, g10 has been quoted to me at 64k in pune. hoping to get a deal closer to 60k or maybe 64k with some freebies like a good hdmi cable etc.

I was quoted 63K for G10 @ Panasonic brand shop Kothrod. He should discount it further by 1-1.5K.

Does anyone have any comments about Pana 50V10 VS Samsung 50B550? How do they compete in PQ and other areas? I know samsung is much cheaper than Pana.

I was quoted 63K for G10 @ Panasonic brand shop Kothrod. He should discount it further by 1-1.5K.

Does anyone have any comments about Pana 50V10 VS Samsung 50B550? How do they compete in PQ and other areas? I know samsung is much cheaper than Pana.

Check this out for a comparison..

reviews

Please note that the scores for the G10 and V10 have been bumped up greatly as a result of a recent THX firmware update. Before that, the scores for both of these were in the high 30s, G10 being 37.. the reason i point this out is that I've heard that the Indian version does not have the THX mode.. owners please confirm..

Check this out for a comparison..

reviews

Please note that the scores for the G10 and V10 have been bumped up greatly as a result of a recent THX firmware update. Before that, the scores for both of these were in the high 30s, G10 being 37.. the reason i point this out is that I've heard that the Indian version does not have the THX mode.. owners please confirm..

Thanks Buddy.

About THX, the G10 is missing it but V10 does have THX mode. Only problem for me is V10 is available in 50' and above. Also we dont get 46" G10 in Inida :sad:

Thanks Buddy.

About THX, the G10 is missing it but V10 does have THX mode. Only problem for me is V10 is available in 50' and above. Also we dont get 46" G10 in Inida :sad:

Is it possible that the THX mode could be unlocked for the G10 through the service menu? Can any of the owners please confirm?

Don't be too worried about the THX mode. Though color accuracy and many other benefits are seen the THX mode has an extremely low light output(around 27-29ftl)

Guys, did some1 find b550??? Is it worth waiting for it??? how long should v wait? how is x10 compared to b550??? Plzz help me guys...

Though the Panasonics beat the Samsungs in most areas Samsungs plasmas generally perform better in terms of colour . Some reviews say they are generally better in bright light conditions as well and colours do not look as washed out as the Panasonics.

Thanks Buddy.

uh.. i have 46G10.. THX is there. Hard to believe they remove THX just for India.

That's always been a problem, they always produce scaled down models for India, or do not provide all the features... even though when we pay higher than what any average user in US or other country pays of the same

dunno when this will change ...

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back