Help Buying 50" Plasma

That's always been a problem, they always produce scaled down models for India, or do not provide all the features... even though when we pay higher than what any average user in US or other country pays of the same

dunno when this will change ...

While it's sad to not have some features in the G10 released in India, it's not that we r the only ones being "discriminated" against.. the UK version as also the Australian versions of G10 don't have THX mode either..

While it's sad to not have some features in the G10 released in India, it's not that we r the only ones being "discriminated" against.. the UK version as also the Australian versions of G10 don't have THX mode either..

Discrimination between regions is quite common. I remember a lot of people irritated at another forum that UK did not have white balance controls for the V10 and G10 while the most of EU had this feature. Not sure though if they fixed this in a firmware update.

The Indian V10 seems may not have Divx capabiliity ,DLNA and Viera Cast. Not sure what else is missing in terms of features and controls for eg.white balance controls.
Strangely they haven't taken off the digital optical out. Funny it means it is one of the few or only TVs in India to output digital audio.

Last edited:
uh.. i have 46G10.. THX is there. Hard to believe they remove THX just for India.

Forget THX, they are not even offering the 46" & 50' G10 models in India.

I guess one reason for stripping down things for Indian products is control cost. With high customs the prices shoots up further with all the little features. We see this very commonly in cars.

Does anyone now if we can get a 46G10 from grey market? If yes, how much would it cost?

Does anyone now if we can get a 46G10 from grey market? If yes, how much would it cost?

AFAIK grey market dealers don't import plasma or i am yet to see grey dealer display or even mention the word plasma.
due to higher weight,shipping will be more since most if not all get them via AIR and they are also more fragile then lcds.

US TVs are NTSC only.
You will not be able to use it to watch TV or cable or Satellite DTH.

Hi Argho and Experts,

There are lot of PAL to NTSC converters. Wont it help? I know conversion will have its own problems.

Also now a days lot of equipment output video in multi format. I got a digital cable STB and it can output in both PAL and NTSC. Isnt that the case with Airtel, TataSky, Dish etc?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back