Help choosing Voltage Stabiliser

Kumar101

My Power Amp kept going into shutdown mode when the supply voltage went low. The area I live in notorious for power outages and voltage fluctuations.

So I've decided to get a Stabiliser for the Amp and if I buy a 6A version it will have egough capacity to hook up my other stuff on it too like - Preamp, DAC, Sky Box, etc.

The thing is I've never bought one before so in need advise on what brands to buy. Exsiting AC's have 'Everest' two smaller ones work fine but the big Digital one on the big living room AC sometimes goes loopy when the power gets really crap. Many are saying V-Guard is good? Any other makes to consider? Should I get a Digital one?

My budget is upto 10k.

Don't go for cheaper alternatives. Get a servo voltage stabilizer as fluctuations are normal in your area. I was suggested a 170-270V 2KVA servo stabilizer for ~1500W load. And go for the 15A. I was quoted 7K for this model.

Bought Everest Triple Booster, Digital Stabiliser EWD500. Running Pre +Power Amps, DAC, TV, Tata Sky, PC on it. Fanless very heavy duty thing it is.

4KVA, 100v-270v input. Working well, picture attached.

Attachments

• 20170831_211812.jpg
    20170831_211812.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 84
Don't go for cheaper alternatives. Get a servo voltage stabilizer as fluctuations are normal in your area. I was suggested a 170-270V 2KVA servo stabilizer for ~1500W load. And go for the 15A. I was quoted 7K for this model.

Hi ,
I think you should consult a suitable manufacturer near your area and email then and take their advice...maybe you require isolation transformer along with Servo Stablizer in order to protect from harmonics.

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to contact local stabilizer manufacturer wherein he calculates the load of devices which would be connected. Accordingly he would suggest KV capacity. I have bought one recently 4KV for 3500/- in Hyderabad. This guy is an exclusive stabilizer manufacturer. Please do let me know if you require his contact no to seek any advice.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back