Help decide between KEF, Klipsch and Monitor Audio

koolanmol

Hey All

I had poster earlier about buying a Klipsch setup. I have a few more options as quoted by my dealer. Please help me choose one of them and as per your advice I will buy the system.

With the system, i am buying Sony 55 inches, HX 800 TV. I did not want a projector because of personal dislike against it.

Option 1:

Klipsch REFERENCE SERIES RF-52 7.1 speaker package:

RF-52 Rs. 51800
RC-52 Rs. 23700
RS-42 Rs. 35200.00 X 2 =70400,
velodyne SUBWOOFER CHT-15Q Rs. 62000.00(1200 RMS)

Total Cost (without amp) : Rs. 2,07,900

Option 2:

F Q-700 front,q-600 center , with mission mht surround x 2 with velodyne subwoofer cht-q15

Cost of whole package (without amp) : Rs 1,87,890

Option 3:

Klipsch 7.1 speaker pakage RB-61 front , RC-25 center , RB-51 x 2 surround with velodyne sub

Cost of package (without amp): Rs. 1,85,400

Option 4:

Monitor Audio RX8 Front Spk. + Monitor Audio RX Centre Spk. + Monitor Audio BRFX Surr. + Monitor Audio BR2 Surr. +
Sunfire HRS10 Subwoofer + Marantz SR 7005 = 3,30,000rs (this cost is with amp)

My listening is primarily Music with some movies here and there. But music is the main purpose.

Please also suggest me which amp to go in for
Marantz SR 7005 - Rs. 72,000
or
Denon 7.1 AVR 3311 - Rs. 80,000

Please also tell me which subwoofer to go in for
Sunfire HRS 10 or Velodyne - CHT 15-Q

The room that I need to install the setup in is 20 feet by 22 feet.

Any help is much much appriciated
Thanks
Anmol

Since You have already zeroed in on Speakers

I have heard both Klipsh and MA, Though not the exact models you are suggesting and for Music my vote is MA.

Although my preference is leaning towards Dali or JAMO but thats my opinion.

Musically Marantz is better than Denon . For Movies Denon Beats Marantz in my opinion.

Approx Cost

Marantz 7005 - 70 K

Denon 3311 - 76 K

Both with Speaker package.

Sunfire HS10 is absolute favorite but my eyes are set on SVS PC12 NSD.

Also, Where are you getting these speakers, Chandigarh ?
I am also looking to buy a system for my room 20 * 10 and have a budget lower than yours it seems.

Hey Jatin, thanks for your reply.

Yes i am getting this system at my home in Chandigarh. The chandigarh dealer rates are like crazy high. So, im getting the whole system done up from Delhi...

My listening area is about 20 feet by 10 feet. The whole room is 20 feet by 22 feet. But i have divided it into half. Half is for a pool table. So the actual sitting and listening area is 20*10.

And that is exactly what my dealer told me too , that marantz is better for music.

My budget for the whole room (interiors, sound proofing, amp, tv, speakers, couches, tables etc.) is total 6 lakh.

If there is anything better that you can suggest for approx Rs. 3,30,000(amp and speakers only), it will be really helpful

Chandigarh dealer is wayyy misguiding. Plus, from what i have heard, Klipsch is now Made in China. :S

Last edited:
if the area of pool table is open ie, connected to Room then sound will travel to that and total area becomes 20 by 22.

I have eyes on Jamo C809 System or DAli and EMotiva UMC1 and XPA5 but is still a dream.

We can discuss via PM if you dont mind.

ooh with a budget of 2L why dont you try B&W
they are beautiful and sound simply superb ! ! ! !
my one hundred vote to B&W

Hey all

Just purchased the system

Amp : Marantz SR 7005
Fronts : Monitor Audio RX8 Black Lacquer finsih
Centre : Monitor Audio RX-C
Side : Monitor Audio RX-2
DAC 12 gauge wiring
TV : Panasonic 50 inch
DTH: Tatasky+ HD
Subwoofers: Velodyne CHT-15Q + Velodyne SPL-Ultra 1200

I have decided to switch from a 7.1 setup to a 5.2 setup considering the big room size.

Will post complete review after the installation :)

Hi koolanmol,
Please share your experience about the speakers and the AV receivers. I am especially interested to know your review on the RX8 and SR7005.
Hey all

Just purchased the system

Amp : Marantz SR 7005
Fronts : Monitor Audio RX8 Black Lacquer finsih
Centre : Monitor Audio RX-C
Side : Monitor Audio RX-2
DAC 12 gauge wiring
TV : Panasonic 50 inch
DTH: Tatasky+ HD
Subwoofers: Velodyne CHT-15Q + Velodyne SPL-Ultra 1200

I have decided to switch from a 7.1 setup to a 5.2 setup considering the big room size.

Will post complete review after the installation :)

Hey

Give me a few hours ill post my whole expirence with the pictures of my ht room.
In other words, it is the best system i could have found. Im totally in love with it. Best sound expirenced so far

from the current set up ma is the way to go. you dont really need the rx8. the rx6 should do. if your primary use is for music why dont you think of checking out a stereo set up. the amps youre looking at currently arent going to do much justice to the speakers when it comes to music. if you do think this will suit you then the rx 6 with a good amp - the likes of arcam etc will be superb. you can even think of the usher be 718 speakers which will cost about rs1.2 - 1.3 lakhs

@koolanmol: Could you share your experience with SR7005 with Monitor Audio RX8 just for 2.0 music only. Does SR7005 perform as good as entry level integrated eg. PM6004 or PM7004?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back