Help Decide - LG 55 CX or Samsung Q80T or Q95T

Well if it happens then no doubt Samsung will come across as Class A Hypocrites n become a laughing stock

But having said that Samsung still produces fantastic TVs n have in last 4 years replaced Sony as the King Of LEDs n will in all probability end up making better OLEDs than LG n also selling more than LG.
Samsung listed the new tv's this morning. You can check for availability

Samsung has good service network. But out of warranty service is very expensive (not saying Sony or LG or Panasonic or Phillips are cheap). They have this knack of getting most of their electronics to work only till the end of warranty period.

Samsung listed the new tv's this morning. You can check for availability
Currently only 50 inches from QN90A is listed n 65,75 for QN85A, Samsung Customer Care is saying end of the month for the complete list, meanwhile I have also got in touch with someone from Samsung marketing to shed precise /additional information.

Currently only 50 inches from QN90A is listed n 65,75 for QN85A, Samsung Customer Care is saying end of the month for the complete list, meanwhile I have also got in touch with someone from Samsung marketing to shed precise /additional information.
I got the confirmation from my Samsung guy that entire Neo QLED lineup will be launching in two weeks time.

Sony X90J,X80J all equipped with latest XR processor launching very shortly.X95J is only available in 65 n bigger .

In recent times X95 series Sony 65" gets sold out like hot pieces of cake. The 95G 65" sold for 1.51 recently during Diwali got sold out before the drop of a hat.

I got the confirmation from my Samsung guy that entire Neo QLED lineup will be launching in two weeks time.

Sony X90J,X80J all equipped with latest XR processor launching very shortly.X95J is only available in 65 n bigger .
Nice, any info about the A9G outgoing master series getting a bigger discount? Dunno if they have enough stock left though.

Thanks.

Let us know as well

I hope shortly means soon sir. Dont understand their strategy to not launch 55 incher for 95 series anymore for 2 years now and launch late in general.Maybe they will launch the 90j in 1l+ already so don't want to cannibalize, the other being in a near price point. Btw 80j has x1 processor. 90 upwards the xr.

Sony 9000 series is always special. I got the 75" 8000H for 2.11 - a couple of months later in online platforms 9500H sells for 70k more with the X1 ultimate processing a FALD TV with near 1800 nits brightness. A brilliant display of picture quality I missed out.

*** 50" has an IPS panel.
Interesting comment from RTINGS in the Youtube comments section:

1618378110863.png

Looks like Samsung using other peoples panels. I'd be inclined to stay well clear if they are indeed IPS. Need to look at QN92A upwards, displayspecifications.com are listing these one's as 10 bit VA.

ps.
Was wondering why the Display of the one he was reviewing(QN90A) looked so sh1t, use of IPS explains it o_O

Sony 9000 series is always special. I got the 75" 8000H for 2.11 - a couple of months later in online platforms 9500H sells for 70k more with the X1 ultimate processing a FALD TV with near 1800 nits brightness. A brilliant display of picture quality I missed out.
You made the right decision not going for Sony X950h , let me elaborate Sony X95 is considered a middling TV by Western reviewers as it has a peak brightness of 1100 not 1800 but since it only has 30 odd dimming zones it has lots of blooming n contrast ratio is 4000 :1

To give you a perspective Samsung QN90A 55 has 2900 nits peak brightness, 570 dimming zones, contrast ratio of 26000:1.

View attachment 56281

Looks like Samsung using other peoples panels. I'd be inclined to stay well clear if they are indeed IPS. Need to look at QN92A upwards, displayspecifications.com are listing these one's as 10 bit VA.

ps.
Was wondering why the Display of the one he was reviewing(QN90A) looked so sh1t, use of IPS explains it o_O
Yes there is confusion n lack of clarity , till now in Asia ( UAE, Singapore, Malaysia) they have launched only the two versions QN90A n QN85A, they look like standard US version. In India most probably they will go the same route so no one connect box n 4 HDMI 2.1 ports. It will all be revealed in coming two Weeks.

Let us know as well

I hope shortly means soon sir. Dont understand their strategy to not launch 55 incher for 95 series anymore for 2 years now and launch late in general.Maybe they will launch the 90j in 1l+ already so don't want to cannibalize, the other being in a near price point. Btw 80j has x1 processor. 90 upwards the xr.
X95J not just in India but even worldwide does not have 55. Why have Sony not introduced the 55 version I really don't know maybe for the reasons you mentioned.

View attachment 56281

ps.
But rtings is in Canada aka North America so the panel must be va of the review unit... I agree however didnt shine as much as you'd want.

I think the pricing is too good to be true to be even lower than us pricing, guess they mixed up qled line up with neoqled when quoting prices. Samsung and Sony are traditional tv blood suckers so they wont stop. Qn85a 55 is 1497usd so 99990 is ludicrous pricing at launch

Hello folks,
I am in the market for a new 55 inch Television for the living room in my new apartment.

I have identified the following TV's:
1. LG CX
2. Sony A8H
3. Samsung Q95T
4. Samsung Q80T

I have demo'd most all these TV's except the Q95T, I will be doing that in a day or so. The usage will be mostly:
1. OTT consumption - Netflix, Hotstar, etc.
2. TataSKY HD - Movies and motorsports (MotoGP, F1) and bit of Soaps thrown in for good measure.

The TV will be placed around 7-8 feet away from the seating area, hence I feel a 55 inch will suffice. The living room is rectangular will windows on both ends, so the room will be pretty bright. I have experienced the LG B8 OLED at my brother's place and it is simply wonderful. The only reason I got the QLED into the equation is that they're priced slightly lower than the OLED's and for the brightness factor.

I am planning to close out the decision in a week or so. Looking forward to your help.

Thanks,
Hiren
Hi. I am using LG Oled since last 5yrs. Oled can beat qled anyday hands down. Contrast, black level and frame rates are way better than qled. Qled is a marketing term used by Samsung for a little brighter led. But yes, cost is higher for oled. If the room is very bright with windows and you watch TV more during daytime, the oled screen reflects the window shadows a lot. You need to use heavy curtains to mask reflection. LG has a much better os than Sony. LG makes the oled panel for Sony too. So all the best. Go ahead.

I think the pricing is too good to be true to be even lower than us pricing, guess they mixed up qled line up with neoqled when quoting prices. Samsung and Sony are traditional tv blood suckers so they wont stop. Qn85a 55 is 1497usd so 99990 is ludicrous pricing at launch
Later it will turn out that it's the price for QN60A 50" version.

Hi. I am using LG Oled since last 5yrs. Oled can beat qled anyday hands down. Contrast, black level and frame rates are way better than qled. Qled is a marketing term used by Samsung for a little brighter led. But yes, cost is higher for oled. If the room is very bright with windows and you watch TV more during daytime, the oled screen reflects the window shadows a lot. You need to use heavy curtains to mask reflection. LG has a much better os than Sony. LG makes the oled panel for Sony too. So all the best. Go ahead.
Is the LG OLED the same after 5 years of usage? Was there image retention at all?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back