Help Decide - LG 55 CX or Samsung Q80T or Q95T

Haha, QN90A 55 looking at the UAE , Malaysia,European pricing should be around @170 to 175K, 30k less than Q95T launch price.

Moment it launches I am going all in , offcourse will be selling the CX before that.
Hey, it is launching next week, not so far now..

Haha, QN90A 55 looking at the UAE , Malaysia,European pricing should be around @170 to 175K, 30k less than Q95T launch price.

Moment it launches I am going all in , offcourse will be selling the CX before that.
Would be great if they can do it for those prices. My Q95T is manufactured in Vietnam so import duty is a killer on these high end TV's.

But the specs for the new models look amazing however, 792 local dimming zones! AMD Freesynch Pro, 4 x HDMI 2.1 ports. Intrestingly they are also releasing a 43" version too.

According to Vincent Teoh Samsung is currently building a production plant in Vietnam to manufacture mini-LED panels and there seem to rumours flying around that they may well use TCL panels to start with. Be interesting to find out more about this.

Well it's still a rumour but u never know..

This is all over the news now so likely to be more than just a rumour.

Samsung can be a hypocritical company. They were warning people against OLED's cause of burn-in and now it seems they will be making and selling them too.

They also mocked Apple for removing Headphone Jack/Battery Chargers from Smartphones and later did the same thing themselves cause there was money to be made.

Hey, it is launching next week, not so far now..

This is all over the news now so likely to be more than just a rumour.

Samsung can be a hypocritical company. They were warning people against OLED's cause of burn-in and now it seems they will be making and selling them too.

They also mocked Apple for removing Headphone Jack/Battery Chargers from Smartphones and later did the same thing themselves cause there was money to be made.
Well if it happens then no doubt Samsung will come across as Class A Hypocrites n become a laughing stock

But having said that Samsung still produces fantastic TVs n have in last 4 years replaced Sony as the King Of LEDs n will in all probability end up making better OLEDs than LG n also selling more than LG.

Colgate made fun of Charcoal & Salt and old herbs.. now they have Ved Shakti.. Do you have Salt / Activated Charcoal in your paste?

TO SELL is to SELL. By hook or crook.
I always tell my friends not to smoke. But I urge them to buy ITC shares! Samsung may say - hey don't buy OLED. But buy out LG that produces OLED and you are the Korean monopoly.

Would be great if they can do it for those prices. My Q95T is manufactured in Vietnam so import duty is a killer on these high end TV's.

But the specs for the new models look amazing however, 792 local dimming zones! AMD Freesynch Pro, 4 x HDMI 2.1 ports. Intrestingly they are also releasing a 43" version too.

According to Vincent Teoh Samsung is currently building a production plant in Vietnam to manufacture mini-LED panels and there seem to rumours flying around that they may well use TCL panels to start with. Be interesting to find out more about this.
To be fair TCL n Hisense panels are pretty good, I see in AVS forum members talking down China made panels but they are just stereotypical conjectures.

Anyways panel is just a part of the whole visual component, the processing,the circuitry matter more.

For eg LG Display supplies the WGRB OLED to everyone but somehow almost every year Sony n Panasonic make a better fist of it than LG n Phillips.

But having said that Samsung still produces fantastic TVs n have in last 4 years replaced Sony as the King Of LEDs n will in all probability end up making better OLEDs than LG n also selling more than LG.
Totally agree - with Samsung's technical prowess they will probably end up making better OLED's than others.

For me personally if I was in the market looking to buy a new TV I would still go for mini-LED. OLED is still evolving technology but theres no doubt it will surpass LED in the future.

Well if it happens then no doubt Samsung will come across as Class A Hypocrites n become a laughing stock

People will forget about their Oled bashing(burn in marketing) & just buy their Oleds if they are good.

All will be forgotten after a while & its a welcome for us consumers to have another competitor with Oleds in India.

Specially over here, it is LG or Sony or nothing.

Perhaps this thread ought to be renamed
Totally agree - with Samsung's technical prowess they will probably end up making better OLED's than others.

For me personally if I was in the market looking to buy a new TV I would still go for mini-LED. OLED is still evolving technology but theres no doubt it will surpass LED in the future.
Same here, current WGRB OLED TVs have some inherent weaknesses like limited HDR brightness, less color volume n pop, dirty/Grey whites .They just have infinite blacks...

A very good Mini LED TV unlike OLED has most bases covered Great color volume, pop,Super HDR, Specular highlights, pure whites n very deep blacks almost OLED like.

LCDs can only dim their LED backlighting locally. They can't switch off the black pixels. So it won't be ink black. Almost black is not the same as pure blacks.

LCDs can only dim their LED backlighting locally. They can't switch off the black pixels. So it won't be ink black. Almost black is not the same as pure blacks.
Maybe not pure in the exact technical sense but If one watches from head on n have a minimum viewing distance of 3-4 feet then the black level should be virtually indistinguishable or shall I say more than good enough in real world usage.

As of 2021 top of line FALD ticks more boxes than just pure black of OLEDs. I am sure you can agree with that sentiment.

Well in case of micro LEDs they can.

Further what we see as FALDs have typically local dimming zones in the order of hundreds and in case of mini leds the no. of zones is going to increase to the order of 1000s so obviously it will perform better than the current iteration of FALD TVs

Well in case of micro LEDs they can.

Further what we see as FALDs have typically local dimming zones in the order of hundreds and in case of mini leds the no. of zones is going to increase to the order of 1000s so obviously it will perform better than the current iteration of FALD TVs
Micro LED at consumer sizes are a distant reality, it might take a minimum of 6-7 years before we see a 65 or 55 inch ..

I believe Chinese are working on a making a new OLED panel prototype which will mimick the advantages of an LED TV with lesser burn in risk !!! Interesting times ahead .

Maybe not pure in the exact technical sense but If one watches from head on n have a minimum viewing distance of 3-4 feet then the black level should be virtually indistinguishable or shall I say more than good enough in real world usage.

As of 2021 top of line FALD ticks more boxes than just pure black of OLEDs. I am sure you can agree with that sentiment.
The grass is almost always greener on the other side. FALD users who have recently upgraded to OLED TVs have sang in praise saying once you go black, you will never go back. I took time to adjust but have started liking it since a couple of days. I am not saying you are wrong - just that no two persons think alike and are often driven by their own perspectives.

The grass is almost always greener on the other side. FALD users who have recently upgraded to OLED TVs have sang in praise saying once you go black, you will never go back. I took time to adjust but have started liking it since a couple of days. I am not saying you are wrong - just that no two persons think alike and are often driven by their own perspectives.
Yes it is about individual perspective n our own personal take , biases n preferences but just to expand on your going back thing I doubt any Samsung FALD owners right from time Q9FM launched in 2018 will ever echo those sentiments.

Those FALD owners if they are being genuine in first place are mostly pre 2018 vintage with edge lit TV n washed out blacks, FALD especially Samsung have progressed leaps n bound since then.

It is just not merely a case of grass being greener but having spend 6 months on CX n 2-3 days with Q95T. QN90A on a complete dark screen has been measured @ 0.01 nits !!!

Yes it is about individual perspective n our own personal take , biases n preferences but just to expand on your going back thing I doubt any Samsung FALD owners right from time Q9FM launched in 2018 will ever echo those sentiments.

Those FALD owners if they are being genuine in first place are mostly pre 2018 vintage with edge lit TV n washed out blacks, FALD especially Samsung have progressed leaps n bound since then.

It is just not merely a case of grass being greener but having spend 6 months on CX n 2-3 days with Q95T. QN90A on a complete dark screen has been measured @ 0.01 nits !!!
Leaving aside comparisons I am both happy n relieved that you have really started liking your CX, cos like me you don't want to have that deep regret n then desparatation to resell your brand new TV for a 30-35 k loss n then invest another 175k in a new TV alll in a space of a year . It is not a good space to be.

Leaving aside comparisons I am both happy n relieved that you have really started liking your CX, cos like me you don't want to have that deep regret n then desparatation to resell your brand new TV for a 30-35 k loss n then invest another 175k in a new TV alll in a space of a year . It is not a good space to be.
An old wood cutter once loses his axe. When he weeps the Forrest goddess appears and offers him a diamond axe. He is honest and says that's not his. She brings him a gold axe and he says that's not his as well! So as a token of appreciation he is given all three axes for his honesty. Next he loses his wife in the Forrest. The goddess brings him Aishwarya Rai and he says that's her! Livid the goddess wants to know why he had lied this time - he says he does not want 3 wives!!
So I realised my situation is like the second instance. No more TVs for a decade atleast :D

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back