Help Decide - LG 55 CX or Samsung Q80T or Q95T

Q60A you mean.. And yes that's my guess too.. These bloodsuckers at Samsung or Sony won't do Indians such honesty any day
Even though I might not be happy with CX but LG atleast launch the same model every where. With Samsung it is all over the place , for example in Germany n some other European countries there are 6 different versions 85A,90,91,92,93,94,95 !!! I wonder why they left out 95 to 100

Last edited:
Samsung,LG ,Sony are all Asian companies but ironically they seem to treat Asians unfairly. LG n Samsung assemble/ make more than a fair chunk of there TVs , Smartphones including flagships in Vietnam and India, they even come under Make in India scheme. Cheap labour and no import duties !!!

But do the Vietnamese or us Indians get any benefits , sadly no .

Sample this now
Qn900a 85"
Samsung US price 9000usd or abt 6.3 lacs
Samsung india price 13.50 lacs..after 2.5l of on the house discountScreenshot_20210415-002439_Samsung Shop.jpg
That' it that's the only listing i waited to see so far to judge them. Bleh.. Where do these idiots come up with pricing from?
These corporates are the new east india company or colonials, and maybe like the tea party we need a tv party.

Ridiculous indeed. Infact 8k TVs do not even have enough content to display nor the capacity of human eyes to capitalise on such thick pixel density to go for a a Rs. 13.5 lakhs. Maybe the 85" Vu for 2.85 lakhs or the TCL 85" for 1.99 lakhs will start selling more when people see this price tag!

The price of electronics is inversely proportional to the units sold. If they will 1000 of those in the US, here they may sell 1. Hence this astronomical price.

I think the pricing is too good to be true to be even lower than us pricing, guess they mixed up qled line up with neoqled when quoting prices. Samsung and Sony are traditional tv blood suckers so they wont stop. Qn85a 55 is 1497usd so 99990 is ludicrous pricing at launch
They just launched the QN90A 55 inch at 176k and 65 inch at 250k. Going by that it's pretty much impossible that the QN85A will sell at 99k at launch.

They just launched the QN90A 55 inch at 176k and 65 inch at 250k. Going by that it's pretty much impossible that the QN85A will sell at 99k at launch.
USD 1800 i.e 130000, so about 40% markup in pricing.. These guys sell cheap phones in volumes and make margins in tvs to sustain the profits. And if it was really the dealers sticking away margins, as they make it seem with the frame, why not make more models online only. Q80 series would be a runaway hit, but don't know why all logic is ulta. Sell lifestyle designer tv as online only, mass market tvs with hefty margins, disregard dv and keep everyone away.

USD 1800 i.e 130000, so about 40% markup in pricing.. These guys sell cheap phones in volumes and make margins in tvs to sustain the profits. And if it was really the dealers sticking away margins, as they make it seem with the frame, why not make more models online only. Q80 series would be a runaway hit, but don't know why all logic is ulta. Sell lifestyle designer tv as online only, mass market tvs with hefty margins, disregard dv and keep everyone away.
It's 35% margin (176/130 = 1.353) and not 40%. Please remember that 28% out of that 40% is GST alone and the rest is due to volumes. In the US most of these goods are sold online or through big chains, while in India there are 2-3 levels of distributors before it reaches the retailer, and all have their margins.

I'd say this is not bad pricing and just the norm. Considering it's Samsung, I was expecting at least 230-250k for the 55" QN90A as the US price is $1800.

It's 35% margin (176/130 = 1.353) and not 40%. Please remember that 28% out of that 40% is GST alone and the rest is due to volumes. In the US most of these goods are sold online or through big chains, while in India there are 2-3 levels of distributors before it reaches the retailer, and all have their margins.

I'd say this is not bad pricing and just the norm. Considering it's Samsung, I was expecting at least 230-250k for the 55" QN90A as the US price is $1800.
I agree with you as pricing is on par with European, Australian ,Most of Asia pricing. UK n Singapore is even more expensive . Last year's much inferior Q95T launch price was at Rs 225k 55 inch. If you purchase it from Samsung shop you are getting a 32k worth Tab as a part of free offer.

I agree with you as pricing is on par with European, Australian ,Most of Asia pricing. UK n Singapore is even more expensive . Last year's much inferior Q95T launch price was at Rs 225k 55 inch. If you purchase it from Samsung shop you are getting a 32k worth Tab as a part of free offer.
Yeah, I think the pricing will reduce significantly come Diwali. I fully expect the 65" will be available for 1.5-1.6 lakhs during that time with all the discounts and cashback offers if you look at how the price reduced last year.

I'm looking for a 55" OLED(bedroom/gaming) and a 65" TV for the living room when WFH ends and I go back to Bangalore. For a living room TV, the Samsung QN90A with 1800 nits brightness and 700+ dimming zones would be an excellent pick if the price comes to saner levels.

Yeah, I think the pricing will reduce significantly come Diwali. I fully expect the 65" will be available for 1.5-1.6 lakhs during that time with all the discounts and cashback offers if you look at how the price reduced last year.

I'm looking for a 55" OLED(bedroom/gaming) and a 65" TV for the living room when WFH ends and I go back to Bangalore. For a living room TV, the Samsung QN90A with 1800 nits brightness and 700+ dimming zones would be an excellent pick if the price comes to saner levels.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-15-14-51-46-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-15-14-51-46-55.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 42
Hi guys as you can see I pulled the trigger !!! I had made a promise to myself that moment it launches I will go for it n I did exactly that ...

Normally I don't advice people to splurge huge amounts on a TV before seeing them in person but I was already convinced by last year's model n this year's is couple of notches higher plus all the reviews were so flattering...

Biggest trigger for me was when few hardcore OLED owners on international AVS forums mentioned that they were lulled into believing they were watching an OLED when evaluating dark room performance on QN90A !!!

Coming from them it was like the highest compliment you could pay to a FALD TV. Offcourse as they say proof of the pudding is in the eating , fingers crossed .

Normally I don't advice people to splurge huge amounts on a TV before seeing them in person but I was already convinced by last year's model n this year's is couple of notches higher plus all the reviews were so flattering...

Biggest trigger for me was when few hardcore OLED owners on international AVS forums mentioned that they were lulled into believing they were watching an OLED when evaluating dark room performance on QN90A !!!

Coming from them it was like the highest compliment you could pay to a FALD TV. Offcourse as they say proof of the pudding is in the eating , fingers crossed .
So you paid only 137k on it as the subtotal indicates? Is there an offer going on?

If you scroll below you will see the dreaded GST being applied so it was Rs 176k. Although they will be giving a Samsung S6 Galaxy Lite Tablet as part of the free offer. With 8k they are giving more high end n latest S7 tab.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back