Help Decide - LG 55 CX or Samsung Q80T or Q95T

hirenmistry

Hello folks,
I am in the market for a new 55 inch Television for the living room in my new apartment.

I have identified the following TV's:
1. LG CX
2. Sony A8H
3. Samsung Q95T
4. Samsung Q80T

I have demo'd most all these TV's except the Q95T, I will be doing that in a day or so. The usage will be mostly:
1. OTT consumption - Netflix, Hotstar, etc.
2. TataSKY HD - Movies and motorsports (MotoGP, F1) and bit of Soaps thrown in for good measure.

The TV will be placed around 7-8 feet away from the seating area, hence I feel a 55 inch will suffice. The living room is rectangular will windows on both ends, so the room will be pretty bright. I have experienced the LG B8 OLED at my brother's place and it is simply wonderful. The only reason I got the QLED into the equation is that they're priced slightly lower than the OLED's and for the brightness factor.

I am planning to close out the decision in a week or so. Looking forward to your help.

Thanks,
Hiren

Oled is better. Sony or lg, whichever is cheaper. If you want to have peace of mind regarding burn in (even though risk is minimal with current oleds), then go for qled.

Oled is better. Sony or lg, whichever is cheaper. If you want to have peace of mind regarding burn in (even though risk is minimal with current oleds), then go for qled.

Thanks for the response. Yes, burn in is a doubt that keeps popping in, my brother's B8 has developed a burn in at the bottom left corner despite having the automatic screen refresh on the TV.
Amongst the OLED's the LG is significantly cheaper than the Sony. I am very keen on demo'ing the Q95T, will visit Kohinoor tomorrow for this.

Cheers

Hello all,
Got a chance to demo the Q95T, what a wonderful TV. The OTS (Object tracking sound) really works, atleast in the demo videos.
To the naked eye, the blacks on this unit are pretty good, surely not as good as OLED but close enough. All the connections are through the OneConnect box which I dislike. Moreover, it wouldn't find in the TV panel i have.
So now back to LG CX, will close the deal this week.

Cheers

Go for A8H if budget isn’t a constraint. it has better shadow detail, better motion processing and more natural colors.

I got CX65 for 1.75 as I didn’t feel Sony was worth the premium at 2.35L

i don’t do gaming but if you do then CX makes more sense

Go for A8H if budget isn’t a constraint. it has better shadow detail, better motion processing and more natural colors.

I got CX65 for 1.75 as I didn’t feel Sony was worth the premium at 2.35L

i don’t do gaming but if you do then CX makes more sense
I checked the A8H too, but the Sony premium is too much for me. I can get a half decent AVR at that price.
Gaming not yet, but may get the PS5 a few months down the line.

Cheers

I have a 65" Q95T it's a stunning TV. Black levels are v good and has very high peak brightness. 4K HDR Movies are a joy to watch no judder or blooming effects.

My room is very bright and the and the anti-reflective coating does a good job. The internal Speakers are OK for casual use but for movies you'll need a external sound system.

I have a 65" Q95T it's a stunning TV. Black levels are v good and has very high peak brightness. 4K HDR Movies are a joy to watch no judder or blooming effects.

My room is very bright and the and the anti-reflective coating does a good job. The internal Speakers are OK for casual use but for movies you'll need a external sound system.

Totally agree with you, i really love the Q95T. The blacks are comparable to the CX. If not for the OneConnect box, I would have surely gone with this TV. I am trying to figure out where to place the OC box as I am crunched for space...

Thanks

Totally agree with you, i really love the Q95T. The blacks are comparable to the CX. If not for the OneConnect box, I would have surely gone with this TV. I am trying to figure out where to place the OC box as I am crunched for space...

Thanks
OC Box not that big. Here's a pic of mine next to a Tata Sky HD box to give you an idea. I find it very convenient for plugging/unplugging USB devices.

Plus if you decide wall mount you get "no gap mount" benefit too.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    300.4 KB · Views: 68
This is how my TV panel looks, the while stand is where my AVR and STB will go in (next to each other), the OC box is bigger than the STB so it cannot go in there. I could possibly place the OC on the top of the white unit but then the wires will show. Will need to check again for the OC placement.

Attachments

• Hall unit.jpg
    Hall unit.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 64
Only other thing to bear in mind is the Samsung and LG 2021 micro-LED ranges will be launching soon. You might want to hold off to check pricing of those before finalising on your purchase decision.

But I have a feeling they will be horrendously expensive.

Only other thing to bear in mind is the Samsung and LG 2021 micro-LED ranges will be launching soon. You might want to hold off to check pricing of those before finalising on your purchase decision.

But I have a feeling they will be horrendously expensive.
My sentiments exactly, I am stretching myself as it is. I've had to put my AVR plans on hold inorder to get the CX/Q85T.

Qled is good. But in my experience (historically) getting the prefect color scheme you want via caliberation is very difficult to get with LG and Samsung. They have horrible pre caliberate settings...however post caliberation can help improve of course.

With my LG CX I could get the colors very close to my liking which was pretty surprising to me. I still think Sony has the upper hand. But the CX is so darn close.

Remember one thing...looking at TVs in a showroom and liking one model because it has pop, and so immediately attracts your attention. But once you get it to home you wanna caliberate it such that the colors make more sense. Don’t think that’s possible with Samsung IMO.

And oleds haa certain richness, depth and resolution to the color that just draws you in.

Unless you have a very bright room there is no reason to pick an LED over OLED

my few cents

PS: I’m an advanced amateur photographer so I know a lil bit about colors.

Qled is good. But in my experience (historically) getting the prefect color scheme you want via caliberation is very difficult to get with LG and Samsung. They have horrible pre caliberate settings...however post caliberation can help improve of course.

With my LG CX I could get the colors very close to my liking which was pretty surprising to me. I still think Sony has the upper hand. But the CX is so darn close.

Remember one thing...looking at TVs in a showroom and liking one model because it has pop, and so immediately attracts your attention. But once you get it to home you wanna caliberate it such that the colors make more sense. Don’t think that’s possible with Samsung IMO.

And oleds haa certain richness, depth and resolution to the color that just draws you in.

Unless you have a very bright room there is no reason to pick an LED over OLED

my few cents

PS: I’m an advanced amateur photographer so I know a lil bit about colors.
Thanks for the words of advice. I am back in the OLED camp, and will finalising the CX tomorrow.
Today at Vijay Sales, played Dolby Atmos content from YouTube on the CX and Sony X9000H simultaneously. My gosh! It was not even close. The CX looks so much better with rich vibrant colors that just pop. So much so that my technophobe wife was left impressed.

So LG CX it is then.

Thanks for the words of advice. I am back in the OLED camp, and will finalising the CX tomorrow.
Today at Vijay Sales, played Dolby Atmos content from YouTube on the CX and Sony X9000H simultaneously. My gosh! It was not even close. The CX looks so much better with rich vibrant colors that just pop. So much so that my technophobe wife was left impressed.

So LG CX it is then.
Nothing beats oled. There is not a day that passes by when I am not thinking of buying in the future a 77" oled. My final frontier! I even dropped the 65" and 55" oled pursuit for the same reason. Just save big time and get the beast, Vinod, is the perpetual voice that runs in my mind!!

Whats the price you all guys are getting the cx 65 for? I was quoted a price of 1.98 today (vijay sales) being their best price

So LG CX it is then.
Great decision. But do you really mean dolby atmos content helped you see rich colours on a TV?

So LG CX it is then.
I am not an expert but when CX was out there was some review video on YT showing that C9 was better than CX. You might want to research on that. Also it will will be great if you can share your quite and location.

Nothing beats oled. There is not a day that passes by when I am not thinking of buying in the future a 77" oled. My final frontier! I even dropped the 65" and 55" oled pursuit for the same reason. Just save big time and get the beast, Vinod, is the perpetual voice that runs in my mind!!
TVs beyond 65" to sell between 1-2 lakhs will almost take another 4-5 years. I still remeber the day buying 50" LG plasma TV back in 2009 for roughly 50K and when LEDs were new and were selling for 1-2 lakhs approx. We all know how much LEDs are selling for now. Same will happen in case of OLED but it will take couple of years more until a new tech emerges.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back