Help for buying headphones

I too am wondering about a headphone amp ... but if I just amplify the output of the interface's headphone-out, then I am amplifying the output of it's own amplifier, faults and all. I don't know if this is worth it. On the other hand, people do just that with the 'phone-out from portable players, and claim improvement.

For a line-out, I need a balanced input for the headphone amp, with thru output for the powered speakers.

I'd like to experiment with binaural too. So far, the software effects module I have for this gives interesting results, definately lessening the blast-in-each-ear effect, and moving the sound forward, but it also badly affects the sound quality.

@Shrjun: what are you driving those headphones with? Are you using any headphone amp? The Beyers can use some amplification..

I feel a well designed headphone can take up a stereo much higher in price bracket for sound quality, if sharing the music is not needed. Guess thats because headphones dont need to combat a very big factor unlike speakers .. room acoustics

I've currently paired them with the nuforce udac but I doubt whether it makes a great deal of difference to the SQ ( they did have a positive effect when paired with the Audioengines though ) ! I don't have the time nor the energy to go looking for a good amp :)

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back