Help!!! I want to build a system within a limited budget!

princjj

Dear Gurus...

Firstly please pardon me for posting a similar sounding thread here. Please believe me when I say that I have spent 2 full days searching this forum that I registered and am now posting this question. I am not even as savvy as the ones who claim that they are not savvy, on this site. Some of their posts impress me. Please have mercy on me and help!!! :)

I want to setup a Home theather system (eventually). I have a limited budget of INR60k, which I can stretch to 70k for really compelling reasons. I prefer having a system that can play music very well. I love to listen to melodious music, and so would like to hear all the subtle tones and variations in the songs. So for this I guess I should start of with a 2.1 system, and then later add on the surround speakers. I like the look of floor standing speakers, and would like to start with these. But in that case,
1. do I need a sub woofer to listen to just some nice music initially?
2. Do I need to buy an A/V reciever? Or should I be buying an Audio reciever? I dont know!!!
3. Please can someone suggest some good components for a 5.1 music system... starting from being a 2.1 withing the budget of 60k.

I almost bought a Sony HT-M5 without a demo. It seems I can only order it and then it will come to the showroom in Bangalore. This is until I ready some posts on this forum.

Please help.

Prince

P.S. - Is there a decent place in Banagalore where I can audition out the good speakers and systems mentioned in this forum?

Last edited:
With a budget of 60k I would look at a 5.1 receiver with 2 excellent speakers.

Recommendations:
Paradigm Cinema 100 v4 2 Speaker Package (pair)
Denon AVR X 1000

As you budget allows I would get a center channel speaker, then Subwoofer

Next step would be to move the Cinema 100 front Speakers to the Rear and Upgrade to better Speakers for the front

Dear Gurus...

Firstly please pardon me for posting a similar sounding thread here. Please believe me when I say that I have spent 2 full days searching this forum that I registered and am now posting this question. I am not even as savvy as the ones who claim that they are not savvy, on this site. Some of their posts impress me. Please have mercy on me and help!!! :)

I want to setup a Home theather system (eventually). I have a limited budget of INR60k, which I can stretch to 70k for really compelling reasons. I prefer having a system that can play music very well. I love to listen to melodious music, and so would like to hear all the subtle tones and variations in the songs. So for this I guess I should start of with a 2.1 system, and then later add on the surround speakers. I like the look of floor standing speakers, and would like to start with these. But in that case,
1. do I need a sub woofer to listen to just some nice music initially?
2. Do I need to buy an A/V reciever? Or should I be buying an Audio reciever? I dont know!!!
3. Please can someone suggest some good components for a 5.1 music system... starting from being a 2.1 withing the budget of 60k.

I almost bought a Sony HT-M5 without a demo. It seems I can only order it and then it will come to the showroom in Bangalore. This is until I ready some posts on this forum.

Please help.

Prince

P.S. - Is there a decent place in Banagalore where I can audition out the good speakers and systems mentioned in this forum?

Welcome to the forum :eek:hyeah:... Relax...

Choose a stereo setup if you have a good collection of CD's, willing to spend on a proper CD player, a stereo amplifier, a Bookshelf + Sub (or) Floor standers combo...

Choose Audio Video Receiver (AVR) 5.1 (or) More channels if most of your content is Digital... (MP3, FLAC, WAV files..Etc), watching movies equally as much as you listen to music...

Let us know what other components you own, & we can recommend you based on that... Your usage pattern (movies/Music), Room dimensions

Hi THTPro and Elangoas,

Thanks for your response.

THTPro - Thanks for your suggestions. Do you know any plance in Bangalore where I can audition the paradigm speakers?

Elangoas - I dont have anything now in terms of components. I now listen to a Sony system with an IPOD dock. Please can you too suggest some nice floor standing speakers and AVR recievers, whether I need a Subwoofer etc.. I would think of starting by a AVR (5.1), and 2 floor standing speakers.. then adding on the sub woofer, central channel and surround speakers subsequently. Can you let me know if this is the correct approach? And also some suggestion for components.

Thanks

Prince

Back