Help me buy a TV around 45k

aswinrulez

Hi Folks,
My GF has an old Micromax TV which I hate since I am watching a lot of movies during this lockdown and I am not able to enjoy any of them well. One cant even hear the dialogues properly. Even after connecting to a soundbar(via aux as no other ports available), the volume fluctuates. So for a week and a half or so, I have been researching on a TV to buy. I had come to the conclusion of getting the TCL 55P8E for 34k. I thought it was best for the price until they launched the new QLED TVs yesterday.
I compared the specs in TCL's sites, watched reviews. I agree there weren't any extensive reviews like the ones we see with RTINGS but I tried to search as much as I can. Compared panels with other TV models I have seen and liked in panel comparison sites such as displayspecifications.com.

I thought C715 was a good TV for the price as I couldn't find anything in the same price range with all the features. I thought this would be future proof in a way since it has Dolby Vision, HDR, HLG etc for video and Dolby Digital, Dolby Atmos, DTS etc for audio. I tried to prebook the C715 in reliance digital yesterday night but the site crashed.

Today I tried reading more about it and I end up int his forum and see a lot of hate for the series. So now I am confused again.

Should I go ahead with 50" C715 which comes with a 2.1soundbar for Rs.45,900 if prebooked in reliance digital?

If not, can the experts here please help me pick one?

References:
49.5" TCL 50C715 - DisplaySpecifications.com
reliancedigital offer
TCL C715

I would also like your thoughts on C715 vs C8. I believe the price difference is about 4000. I am also not sure if I can buy the C8 now but would try calling the shops to see availability.

I would also like your thoughts on C715 vs C8. I believe the price difference is about 4000. I am also not sure if I can buy the C8 now but would try calling the shops to see availability.
I would get C8 over C715 for 2 things - Size difference and MEMC

I would get C8 over C715 for 2 things - Size difference and MEMC
I think from your point, size is the only pro. For MEMC:

I'm also looking for something in same range.
I was thinking of c715 or vu ultra / premium

But everyone here seems to be against these

where did you pre booked as reliance does not have this product online yet and link from TCL to reliance is not working
Reliance digital. The offer was going on till June 21st only. Right now when I search for the TV, it doesn't come in the search result.
I think the sale starts in Amazon today or tomorrow

where did you pre booked as reliance does not have this product online yet and link from TCL to reliance is not working
Reliance digital. The offer was going on till June 21st only. Right now when I search for the TV, it doesn't come in the search result.
I think the sale starts in Amazon today or tomorrow
So they gave the pre-book offer of a free soundbar with TV you order from Reliance Digital. They sold the 50C715 TV for 46k. Amazon is today selling it for 40k! So basically they made us pay 6k for a soundbar no one has ever heard of :|

So they gave the pre-book offer of a free soundbar with TV you order from Reliance Digital. They sold the 50C715 TV for 46k. Amazon is today selling it for 40k! So basically they made us pay 6k for a soundbar no one has ever heard of :|
I don’t see this in amazon as well

I don’t see this in amazon as well
Looks like its come and goes out of stock. I saw it yesterday for 39l. The same 50C715. The only major difference I noticed is the warranty period and TCL team confirmed it as well. 3 years warranty from offline stores this includes ordering from reliance digital. !8 months warranty for online orders such as amazon and flipkart. Funny thing is amazon lists the 50C715 as having MEMC :D

https://www.amazon.in/stores/page/0...&visitId=dc75eb29-6f2d-45ad-80ba-f013c3e7b35a

Scroll down and you will see the product listing. Currently its all out of stock

Daily new player coming.
Digit: Exclusive: Compaq to launch smart TVs in India on July 15.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back