Help me choose between these 55 inch TVs

EU 800 series and INDIA's 800 Series a bit different ... In India What i observed ... Panasonic Put the Top rated Video Functionality (Video Processing, Color processing ) in the 800 series LED models as equivalent to their Premium range TVs. .

Really? Hard to believe a brand gave a better TV to our market and not EU. I will check it out again. I am going to demo all TVs I have shortlisted but I still want to do my homework since the store testing has its limitations.

i suggest you to dont go by bookish specification of nits or peak brightness or Contrast ratio

Yeah absolutely man! I hear you. Spec sheet stuff are just marketing terms. That's why I am reading indepth reviews and asking here as well. Thanks!

EU 800 series and INDIA's 800 Series a bit different ... In India What i observed ... Panasonic Put the Top rated Video Functionality (Video Processing, Color processing ) in the 800 series LED models as equivalent to their Premium range TVs. .
I had used FX730D in 2019 .

The models what you have mentioned ; GX800D will beat them hands down except SONY 9500G/9000F.

From a C9 user the basic guideline i suggest you to dont go by bookish specification of nits or peak brightness or Contrast ratio. I tell you there is more to a TV in terms of Video Processing algorithm which makes a TV perfect. And Panasonic is the master of this Algorithm.

As an example : Giving a car 600 hp under its hood doesnot make it a supercar unless it has the mechanism to control that much power .

You are not buying any lamp so that you will look into it with 600 nits flashing directly into your eyes. You can buy another 5 premium TV in next 20 years ; you cant do the same for your eyes. Managing Luminance/ Motion is an art which is mastered by Panasonic through its long R&D time frame. I keep LG is in the last among all reputed brand in this regard.

There are n number of other small features of video processing which we always forget to take care in our buying decision; believe me ; this features will become the most important part in your daily watching . Example: Ambient Light sensor. I miss Panasonic's Light sensing algorithm.

Please have a demo of the GX800 in any brand store and decide yourself.
Hey thanks for talking about panasonic. Was thinking about buying it too.. is there any centre band that you see in thr midde of the tv which almost makes it feel as if it's divided into 2? This is an issue I have read about but haven't verified it. Plus how is the panasonic after sales support?...

Hey thanks for talking about panasonic. Was thinking about buying it too.. is there any centre band that you see in thr midde of the tv which almost makes it feel as if it's divided into 2? This is an issue I have read about but haven't verified it. Plus how is the panasonic after sales support?...

Yes .. It was my post on FX730D what you are talking about . That time Panasonic R&D suggested me to take the GX800D but they were asking additional Rs.25K which i thought too much as the GX800D was only available in BrandStores . So i opted for refund.

In Urban areas service service should be good .

Yes .. It was my post on FX730D what you are talking about . That time Panasonic R&D suggested me to take the GX800D but they were asking additional Rs.25K which i thought too much as the GX800D was only available in BrandStores . So i opted for refund.

In Urban areas service service should be good .
Thanks for your reply....you had said in a 2019 post about 5 equidistant vertical bands that can be seen on your 730d...so that's not a panel defect but a general manufacturing pecularity right? How obvious is this on uniform colours? Does gx800 have the same issue?

Thanks for your reply....you had said in a 2019 post about 5 equidistant vertical bands that can be seen on your 730d...so that's not a panel defect but a general manufacturing pecularity right? How obvious is this on uniform colours? Does gx800 have the same issue?

I personally had a demo of GX800D ; and could not find the same vertical bands which were visible in 730d.
Please have a demo of GX800D and carry along all the necessary video over a pendrive .

Hey, someone in another thread said GX800D in India is an IPS panel, so wouldn't the black levels/contrast be worse than the EU model which has a VA panel?

That is the only difference if you compare EU and INDIA specific models. Not necessarily the Picture has to be bad in an IPS panel unless you are comparing the TV with and OLED or Q95 . There are cheap VA panels also their . So it depends.
You have to go and check by yourself . This forum can guide you on the pointers what a general public dont put into their buying decisions.

Our living room is not super lit. We use no lights during daytime and TV would be placed on a table top infront of the windows so all the natural light would come exactly from behind the TV.

Please help me choose.
Thanks!

IPS panel is not suitable for your requirement. Also seeing this tv in the showroom with 50 lights on its not going to help you.Go with IPS panels only if viewing angles are important for you.

Contrast and brightness do matter for the tv.OLED gives you the best PQ because it has exceptional (infinite) contrast and above-average brightness. A high-end Quantum dot tv of Samsung and sony has very good contrast and brightness.

That is the only difference if you compare EU and INDIA specific models. Not necessarily the Picture has to be bad in an IPS panel unless you are comparing the TV with and OLED or Q95 . There are cheap VA panels also their . So it depends.
You have to go and check by yourself . This forum can guide you on the pointers what a general public dont put into their buying decisions.
Yeah I am going to a few stores right now. Will see it in person. Thanks!

IPS panel is not suitable for your requirement. Also seeing this tv in the showroom with 50 lights on its not going to help you.Go with IPS panels only if viewing angles are important for you.

Contrast and brightness do matter for the tv.OLED gives you the best PQ because it has exceptional (infinite) contrast and above-average brightness. A high-end Quantum dot tv of Samsung and sony has very good contrast and brightness.
Yeah only the Panasonic which a user here suggested has an IPS. I would check it in store. Rest models I chose are VAs. Let's see. I am on a budget as well. So I do know I can't have it all.

You have to go and check by yourself

Hi guys, I just returned from the showrooms and it was an interesting experience.

Firstly, I visited Chroma. Checked the Sony X7500H on display there.

It was exactly like the rtings review said. Greys weren't uniform leading to a lot of Dirty screen effect. Also banding was clearly visible in the colours. I used test videos from QuantumTV on Youtube. Then tried my own video which was a 4K trailer of Into the Spider Verse and Fullmetal Alchemist anime intro in 1080p. I found no complains. Couldnt notice any DSEs, banding, etc. I also had a 4k demo video sample but forgot to play it :/

There was also the Panasonic gx800 55". And here comes the interesting part. The Panasonic TVs were all playing an HD channel whereas the Sonys and the Samsungs were playing demo videos. Particularly, in gx800's case, the colours were completely washed out. I was surprised since Panasonic's lower models while the PQ wasn't as good but were better in terms of colors. I asked the guy for the remote and he said "Sir, there was another guy who had it and now he has gone to his village and no one knows where he kept it" Lol WTF?! I tested some more on X7500H, then again asked him like ask around if you can find it. So he again said Sir you tested all size of the same TV, why would I not give you if I knew where it was. I was like okay. But it definitely felt fishy. It's like they didn't want people to check out out Panasonic.

Final price of the 55" Sony X7500H: 71k. He wasn't ready to reduce any further. I showed him screenshot of some guy here on the forum getting it at 57k. At first, he was like, sir we only match Amazon's price. I argued a bit and he's like no sir that was just because of Independence Day blah blah. His logic was nonsense but looking at his demeanor I realized he isn't gonna budge. But didn't mind since the 7500H isn't my first choice.

Visited 2 more stores but they didn't have anything I wanted. By the way, I couldn't find the Sony X9000F anywhere :( The store guy from Kohinoor seemed downright offended when I asked him :D

Anyway, my fourth stop was Reliance Digital. They had the Samsung Q60R and the RU8000 on the display. No Sony X9000F. I started testing my videos and here's the thing: Even though Rtings put both Q60R and the RU8000 on the same level, the colors looked quite better on the Q60R. on the Spider Verse trailer as well as on the HDR video I had (and yes, it was a real HDR video and not a youtube downloaded one). For my needs, I realized Q60R is the best (even though its hated quite a lot in the US/EU market). The guy who was attending me promised if I buy today he'd get me the best price. And then he quoted me 83K for the 55inch model with cashback on HDFC/ICICI of 7k effectively making it 77k. I told him it's too much and then began an hour long to and fro where he tried a lot to pitch me the RU8000 and the newer TU series. I didn't mind the RU8000 but it was a display piece, which I was hesitant buying. TU series on the other hand are a step down from the RU. Wanted to give TU8570 a try but it wasn't even on display (He was telling me to buy it blindly :/).

I have to say though, Reliance Digital was the best experience of the 4 stores I visited today. Very patient and polite guys. Gave my mom a chair to sit and also offered water. So definitely an A for service.

I also tested the Panasonic GX750 but it was just okay tbh. All TVs I tested I made sure to turn off the image and motion filters.

So all in all, I didn't get a TV but it was a good experience. Another thing, while the Q60R had better PQ, the Sony was just easy on the eyes. I dunno why - the difference in lighting at chroma and Reliance, Sony's flicker free backlighting, personal bias or simply tiredness.

I'd request you guys to advice me regarding this. What do I do next? Do I increase my budget or wait? I do want to see the Panasonic GX800 in person. The 55" is right now 50k on amazon.

Last edited:
Q60r has very good colors and motion and upscaling. I am using one. After color calibrations, its pretty good. Let me attach a screenshot I have.

Yes Prabhash bhai, do you think I can get the 55" around 60k? I have the option to reduce the screen size @ 49". That hits the 60ish mark as of today.

I think you will be able to get close to 72k for the price. Don't buy the 49 inch, it's not 120hz like the 55 inch.

Okay 72K is still out of budget. Maybe I should wait then or settle with the Ru8000/7500H. Btw on the 49inch, is there a difference in PQ/panel?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back