Help me choose between these 55 inch TVs

I am trying to buy Samsung Frame TV from Samsung Store but it is showing as not deliverable for any pincode in Chennai. Anyone Bought via Samsung Store..?

Don't buy 50 inch Samsung frame its 60Hz panel and not a value for money, only 55 inch and 65 inch are 120hz panel.
That's true, only 55 Inch seems to be value for money in the frame series. 50" and 65", there are other options. Another TV in this price range, is the LG Nanocell SM9000PTA (2019), it's about 85K on Flipkart.

An update guys. 2 weeks ago, I was contacted by the Reliance Digital guy and he gave me a quote for 67.5k for the 55 inch Samsung Q60R (down from 77k that I got when I had visited them). I turned down that offer since my budget is set in stone for 60k.

I started searching for my top choice which is the Sony X9000F, this TV was last sold on Chroma for 50k and since then it is out of stock. While it is a 2 year old TV, it is nearly as good as the 2020 X900H in terms of PQ.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare/sony-x900f-vs-sony-x900h/585/12284

I found a seller in Mumbai (where I live) for 75k for this set. But he wasn't lowering it. Then I found another seller from Indore who is selling it for 53k (quoted 84k at first). He is like a middle man who purchases old TV models from company showrooms and resells them at a lower cost via small shops in his area. He has a warehouse where he keeps display pieces, B type models and brand new ones which the showroom have to discard after a year to keep new models.

Should I buy it from him? The guy claims that he has few brand new packed pieces of the x9000f. I'll be getting official Sony warranty of 1 year. I talked to him quite a lot about my concerns and he said he shares the same since even he doesn't know me as well. He has currently agreed to a partial payment of 35k upfront and rest on delivery. Says if there'll be any problem, he'll take the TV back and refund me the amount.
I plan to check the usage hours through the service menu and check for dead pixels/screen uniformity first thing I get the TV.

Please tell me what you guys think.

@OM_2K19 @Rane-2020 @Yoman! @HE-MAN @harryneopotter @lightgamer

Yes Flipkart is showing Frame TV as deliverable but it doesn't offer extra 9000 Cashback on Credit Cards as in Samsung Store. I think I need to wait till Diwali to get the TV around 70-75K.

An update guys. 2 weeks ago, I was contacted by the Reliance Digital guy and he gave me a quote for 67.5k for the 55 inch Samsung Q60R (down from 77k that I got when I had visited them). I turned down that offer since my budget is set in stone for 60k.

I started searching for my top choice which is the Sony X9000F, this TV was last sold on Chroma for 50k and since then it is out of stock. While it is a 2 year old TV, it is nearly as good as the 2020 X900H in terms of PQ.

I found a seller in Mumbai (where I live) for 75k for this set. But he wasn't lowering it. Then I found another seller from Indore who is selling it for 53k (quoted 84k at first). He is like a middle man who purchases old TV models from company showrooms and resells them at a lower cost via small shops in his area. He has a warehouse where he keeps display pieces, B type models and brand new ones which the showroom have to discard after a year to keep new models.

Should I buy it from him? The guy claims that he has few brand new packed pieces of the x9000f. I'll be getting official Sony warranty of 1 year. I talked to him quite a lot about my concerns and he said he shares the same since even he doesn't know me as well. He has currently agreed to a partial payment of 35k upfront and rest on delivery. Says if there'll be any problem, he'll take the TV back and refund me the amount.
I plan to check the usage hours through the service menu and check for dead pixels/screen uniformity first thing I get the TV.

Generally when an offer seems too good to be true, it usually is. 53k is unusually low for this TV as TVs of this calibre usually sell for around 100k (like the X9000H). 75k seems about right to me and the TV will be an ok buy at that rate.

Can you ask him to send you photos of the sealed box? If it's unboxed, ask him photos of service menu.

Well x9000f is a good tv and 53 its a steal but this seems like a risky deal.You are living in mumbai and this guy living in indore he is asking you to pay 35k in advance.Personally i will avoid doing this.specially in current times of covid.

While the TV is good, the deal sounds shady. Would stay away.

Its a scam. You will find this type of scam plenty on OLX and Quickr. Avoid

100% Scam Just tell him that you would like to see the product and then you will pay the money and collect it, He will say the product has to be ordered and for that he needs upfront payment, tell him you have a relative in Indore who would like to check the warehouse for available tv's and select from there, he will not pick up the phone afterwards.

Sounds fishy to me...

@Infamous ... Others are right...the deal seems shady... There is a similar guy in mumbai who sells TV's for half price...but no company warranty. He gives his own one year assurance.. My dad's friend purchased it from him...I was about to..but dad's friend said don't do it...since it isn't worth it... Now if someone in your circle is travelling to u.s in Nov Dec...you can get crazy deals on TV's... Just open the pack there use..and bring it back...they can always say for personal use..usually airport authorities don't object

It is sad to see even tech competent people who are on tech forums falling for a typical OLX scam.

I asked the dealer yesterday for pictures. Told him to take good pictures along with the label on the box that has the barcode/serial number. And he hasn't gotten back to me yet :/ I will avoid from this source. Thank you very much for your input guys!

It is sad to see even tech competent people who are on tech forums falling for a typical OLX scam.
Don't be judgemental dude
1. I do know the OLX ads you are mentioning but I found this dealer through a well meaning acquaintance.
2. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt since he doesn't have any new TVs at such low prices. He also offered me the 950G but clearly mentioned that it is a gray imported model and I won't be getting company's warranty.
3. The 900F was last sold for 50k on Croma. I used this as a reference to negotiate with him. He started at 84k.
So yeah, I have been talking to him but I was never gonna just pay him. That's why I asked here as well.

Last edited:

Just letting you know that the @ doesn't do anything. It doesn't send me or anyone a notification. If you want to let someone know, just quote and reply them. This is a major oversight of this forum and should be fixed.

I asked the dealer yesterday for pictures. Told him to take good pictures along with the label on the box that has the barcode/serial number. And he hasn't gotten back to me yet :/ I will avoid from this source. Thank you very much for your input guys!

Again, the deal was too good to be true. The Croma price was either a fluke or they were getting rid of their last piece. 50k is too low for such a TV, especially for the overpriced Sony.

My Toshiba U7980 will arrive tomorrow with installation the day after. I'll let you know how that goes but my budget was actually unlimited (I'm single, good income and no expenses) and yet I thought it was a good TV based on reviews and the specs. You can go with it as well (you can wait for a couple days till I get mine). It's way better than Q60R or other options you'll get in this price range.

Just letting you know that the @ doesn't do anything. It doesn't send me or anyone a notification. If you want to let someone know, just quote and reply them. This is a major oversight of this forum and should be fixed.

Again, the deal was too good to be true. The Croma price was either a fluke or they were getting rid of their last piece. 50k is too low for such a TV, especially for the overpriced Sony.

My Toshiba U7980 will arrive tomorrow with installation the day after. I'll let you know how that goes but my budget was actually unlimited (I'm single, good income and no expenses) and yet I thought it was a good TV based on reviews and the specs. You can go with it as well (you can wait for a couple days till I get mine). It's way better than Q60R or other options you'll get in this price range.
It did send me a notification that he mentioned me in a post. Just saying.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back