Help me choose between these 55 inch TVs

Okay 72K is still out of budget. Maybe I should wait then or settle with the Ru8000/7500H. Btw on the 49inch, is there a difference in PQ/panel?
If possible wait for BBD on flipkart and diwali.you will get better deal on any tv.even frame can come down in 70-75 range

You should try your company email id if it works on the Samsung corporate portal. Frame 2020 55 inch is 73k after cashback over there.

Wow! Thanks for the tip! Sorry to ask you, but if possible, can you tell me what is the q60r going for from there. It's asking me to give a lot of details so just wanna make sure it'll be worth giving off all my personal info.

Wow! Thanks for the tip! Sorry to ask you, but if possible, can you tell me what is the q60r going for from there. It's asking me to give a lot of details so just wanna make sure it'll be worth giving off all my personal info.
85k or so but no cashback from what I can see. Frame 2020 is great value.

85k or so but no cashback from what I can see. Frame 2020 is great value.

Wow :/ So an older and kinda inferior TV is selling for a higher cost just cuz its "QLED". Thanks for the info batsy, I think I am gonna wait out. Q60R's gotta go dead sooner or later and then I'll swoop in *heheheh*
I think it's primarily because it's still in stock everywhere and so if they lower it down, it'll affect the sales of the nerfed 2020 T lineup.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I just returned from the showrooms and it was an interesting experience.

Firstly, I visited Chroma. Checked the Sony X7500H on display there.

It was exactly like the rtings review said. Greys weren't uniform leading to a lot of Dirty screen effect. Also banding was clearly visible in the colours. I used test videos from QuantumTV on Youtube. Then tried my own video which was a 4K trailer of Into the Spider Verse and Fullmetal Alchemist anime intro in 1080p. I found no complains. Couldnt notice any DSEs, banding, etc. I also had a 4k demo video sample but forgot to play it :/

There was also the Panasonic gx800 55". And here comes the interesting part. The Panasonic TVs were all playing an HD channel whereas the Sonys and the Samsungs were playing demo videos. Particularly, in gx800's case, the colours were completely washed out. I was surprised since Panasonic's lower models while the PQ wasn't as good but were better in terms of colors. I asked the guy for the remote and he said "Sir, there was another guy who had it and now he has gone to his village and no one knows where he kept it" Lol WTF?! I tested some more on X7500H, then again asked him like ask around if you can find it. So he again said Sir you tested all size of the same TV, why would I not give you if I knew where it was. I was like okay. But it definitely felt fishy. It's like they didn't want people to check out out Panasonic.

Final price of the 55" Sony X7500H: 71k. He wasn't ready to reduce any further. I showed him screenshot of some guy here on the forum getting it at 57k. At first, he was like, sir we only match Amazon's price. I argued a bit and he's like no sir that was just because of Independence Day blah blah. His logic was nonsense but looking at his demeanor I realized he isn't gonna budge. But didn't mind since the 7500H isn't my first choice.

Visited 2 more stores but they didn't have anything I wanted. By the way, I couldn't find the Sony X9000F anywhere :( The store guy from Kohinoor seemed downright offended when I asked him :D

Anyway, my fourth stop was Reliance Digital. They had the Samsung Q60R and the RU8000 on the display. No Sony X9000F. I started testing my videos and here's the thing: Even though Rtings put both Q60R and the RU8000 on the same level, the colors looked quite better on the Q60R. on the Spider Verse trailer as well as on the HDR video I had (and yes, it was a real HDR video and not a youtube downloaded one). For my needs, I realized Q60R is the best (even though its hated quite a lot in the US/EU market). The guy who was attending me promised if I buy today he'd get me the best price. And then he quoted me 83K for the 55inch model with cashback on HDFC/ICICI of 7k effectively making it 77k. I told him it's too much and then began an hour long to and fro where he tried a lot to pitch me the RU8000 and the newer TU series. I didn't mind the RU8000 but it was a display piece, which I was hesitant buying. TU series on the other hand are a step down from the RU. Wanted to give TU8570 a try but it wasn't even on display (He was telling me to buy it blindly :/).

I have to say though, Reliance Digital was the best experience of the 4 stores I visited today. Very patient and polite guys. Gave my mom a chair to sit and also offered water. So definitely an A for service.

I also tested the Panasonic GX750 but it was just okay tbh. All TVs I tested I made sure to turn off the image and motion filters.

So all in all, I didn't get a TV but it was a good experience. Another thing, while the Q60R had better PQ, the Sony was just easy on the eyes. I dunno why - the difference in lighting at chroma and Reliance, Sony's flicker free backlighting, personal bias or simply tiredness.

I'd request you guys to advice me regarding this. What do I do next? Do I increase my budget or wait? I do want to see the Panasonic GX800 in person. The 55" is right now 50k on amazon.

I am not able to find the listing for GX800D in Amazon at all. Mind sharing the link for it? I am more inclined towards this than 7500H

Based on the limited explore that you had with Panasonic GX800D, how was it in comparison to 7500H ?

The colours were washed out on the HD channel they had put on the GX800D. In comparision, on the x7500H as well as on the GX600/500 (dunno which one it was), the same looked good enough - not super vibrant but similar to any normal display. It is understandable since it was a 720p video on a 4k TV. There's only so much even a good TV can do. The fact that it was looking better on the lower Panasonic models and no remote available to adjust settings made me feel they didn't want customers to look at it. I'd recommend you to find one to see in person.

Last edited:
Wow :/ So an older and kinda inferior TV is selling for a higher cost just cuz its "QLED". Thanks for the info batsy, I think I am gonna wait out. Q60R's gotta go dead sooner or later and then I'll swoop in *heheheh*
I think it's primarily because it's still in stock everywhere and so if they lower it down, it'll affect the sales of the nerfed 2020 T lineup.
If you were in Kolkata, I would have given you my 55 inch Q60r for 50k :p , since I am looking to upgrade to an OLED

If you were in Kolkata, I would have given you my 55 inch Q60r for 50k :p , since I am looking to upgrade to an OLED

First thing that came to my mind seeing your quote: "Abbe saale" :p

Btw, where did the q60r fall short for you?
I am not a videophile. Till now I have been watching content/gaming on my 768p laptop.

Last edited:
Btw guys, before I forget I wanna add some more observations regarding the TVs I saw:

On the Sony X7500H, the 43" and 49" are edge lit VAs. The grey uniformity was better than on the 55" models. I used a video that shows level of Dirty Screen Effect and it was very visibile on the 55" model.

Sound wise, Sony and Panasonic GX750D were loud. Samsung on the other hand was not that loud - had to keep full volume to hear the dialogue in the SpiderVerse trailer. It may as well be the video because I have heard the source also matters. My cousin told me his 2 year old Sony is good for DTH but the sound is very low for YouTube videos. Has to keep nearly full.

OS wise, Sammy's Tizen and Sony's Android were pretty smooth but the default player in Tizen couldn't play my 10 bit x265 HEVC anime intro video.
Panasonic's OS played that video but didn't show subtitles (maybe there's a seperate setting for it). It's OS was also kinda clunkly and very dated in terms of UI. A lot of settings/options though.

Last edited:
First thing that came to my mind seeing your quote: "Abbe saale" :p

Btw, where did the q60r fall short for you?
I am not a videophile. Till now I have been watching content/gaming on my 768p laptop.
hehe..
actually, I also moved from my Macbook 16 and a 27inch monitor to this TV, and honestly, its brilliant ( at-least to me ) I don't feel like watching anything on my Macbook anyone, Netflix, youtube, AmazonPrime all look soo good on the TV. Especially the up-scaling of the HD content, the colors after calibration, and the big screen viewing experience. A very welcome change for me, although I am not as much productive now ever since I got the TV :confused:

hehe..
actually, I also moved from my Macbook 16 and a 27inch monitor to this TV, and honestly, its brilliant ( at-least to me ) I don't feel like watching anything on my Macbook anyone, Netflix, youtube, AmazonPrime all look soo good on the TV. Especially the up-scaling of the HD content, the colors after calibration, and the big screen viewing experience. A very welcome change for me, although I am not as much productive now ever since I got the TV :confused:
You just got me more excited to get it now. :)

Yup..got the TH- 65GX800D about 2 months back after a lot of research...this is the only one at a budget of 1.10 that came close to my aging samsung plasma

Hey, thanks for sharing. How's your experience been so far? Had you considered the q60r as well?

Hey, thanks for sharing. How's your experience been so far? Had you considered the q60r as well?

Its good, as close or better than my samsung (64")plasma overall , but still the black levels were better in the plasma.

No did not consider the q60r

Infact went for a demo of the 65gx700D (as my budget was less than 1L) but the 800D was also there , ended up buying the 800D.
Its definetly worth the price.

Place of demo & purchase : modern world , blr

I am trying to buy Samsung Frame TV from Samsung Store but it is showing as not deliverable for any pincode in Chennai. Anyone Bought via Samsung Store..?

I am trying to buy Samsung Frame TV from Samsung Store but it is showing as not deliverable for any pincode in Chennai. Anyone Bought via Samsung Store..?
@sathom, Frame 65" is showing availability in Bangalore on the samsung portal and 50" is available on Flipkart for my pincode.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back