Help me choose between these 55 inch TVs

Infamous

Hello everyone,
Firstly, I am so glad this AV forum exists with awesome people who advice others and know AV tech so well. Thank you all!

I have been lurking since a week or so reading through the posts but unfortunately couldn't make a decision.

I am looking for a 55 inch TV and have a budget of 65k. My top choice is the Sony X900F but I don't know if I'll be able to find it that easily since it is 2 years old.
That said, the alternatives I have shortlisted are: Sony X7500H Samsung Q60R and the Samsung RU8000. I read the rtings reviews but I am still confused.
HDR is not that priority since I know I'll have to compromise at this price point. But motion handling should be good since I like watching action movies and would also connect PS4 Pro on it.

Our living room is not super lit. We use no lights during daytime and TV would be placed on a table top infront of the windows so all the natural light would come exactly from behind the TV.

Please help me choose.
Thanks!

If motion handling is your top priority, then go with Sony. Samsung Q60R is an overall performer.

Okay, so for action movies and ps4 pro, Sony x7500h would be a better option? Rtings review said it has poorer motion handling than the Samsungs I mentioned

I have the Q60R and its color accuracy and picture quality overall is pretty good :)

Cool! Kindly answer the following:
How's your experience with action movies, are the details good in fast paced sequences?

And how does it fare with HD set top boxes?

Also, how much did you get it for and when?

Cool! Kindly answer the following:
How's your experience with action movies, are the details good in fast paced sequences?

And how does it fare with HD set top boxes?

Also, how much did you get it for and when?

Sure, Action moving ( and motion in general ) are pretty good. I do keep clear motion off, which you could also turn on and it improves the details in fast action.

Not using any HD set top boxes, only streaming/internet. Got it few months ago for around 80k

Okay, so for action movies and ps4 pro, Sony x7500h would be a better option? Rtings review said it has poorer motion handling than the Samsungs I mentioned

If you specifically compare x7500H with Q60R, then probably the later has an upper hand. For Action Movies/Games, Q60R should do the trick. Again, you cant compare a 1000$ unit with a 2000$ unit. With a 60/70K budget, Q60R provides more VFM compare to Sony x7500H.

If you specifically compare x7500H with Q60R, then probably the later has an upper hand. For Action Movies/Games, Q60R should do the trick. Again, you cant compare a 1000$ unit with a 2000$ unit. With a 60/70K budget, Q60R provides more VFM compare to Sony x7500H.
Correct. Also, Whats the latest quote for Q60R locally?

Sure, Action moving ( and motion in general ) are pretty good. I do keep clear motion off, which you could also turn on and it improves the details in fast action.

Not using any HD set top boxes, only streaming/internet. Got it few months ago for around 80k

80k a few months back?! For 55"? Would I be able to get the same under 65k now?

If you are ready to wait till diwali frame 2020 could have a good discount, so will sony x8000h.

I could wait tbh, let's see. I will visit the stores this week and see if I can get a good deal. I found Sony x8000h to be poorer compared to even the x7500H/ru8000 based on the rtings reviews. It has better HDR and motion than x7500h but it is IPS with poor contrast and very grey black images. The q60r is objectively better overall. And also, x800h is like 15k expensive too. Bad deal imo.

If you are thinking from reputed brand only . do check Panasonic GX800D ...

I read its reviews from EU forums but is it really better than the models I shortlisted? For 10k more, I think I am getting a better TV with those. Picture, quality and support wise.

Yeah that makes sense! And Q60R vs RU8000?
Q60R gets brighter but Ru8000 has both better black and grey uniformity. So which one then? From both SDR and HDR prespective. Motion handling is slightly better on the q60r.

Lol I feel like I am OCDing. Its just that since that we are paying like a 200$ premium over US on every TV, I feel I should get the best price/performance.

Last edited:
I could wait tbh, let's see. I will visit the stores this week and see if I can get a good deal. I found Sony x8000h to be poorer compared to even the x7500H/ru8000 based on the rtings reviews. It has better HDR and motion than x7500h but it is IPS with poor contrast and very grey black images. The q60r is objectively better overall. And also, x800h is like 15k expensive too. Bad deal imo.
Frame 2020 is a good choice!

I read its reviews from EU forums but is it really better than the models I shortlisted? For 10k more, I think I am getting a better TV with those. Picture, quality and support wise.

EU 800 series and INDIA's 800 Series a bit different ... In India What i observed ... Panasonic Put the Top rated Video Functionality (Video Processing, Color processing ) in the 800 series LED models as equivalent to their Premium range TVs. .
I had used FX730D in 2019 .

The models what you have mentioned ; GX800D will beat them hands down except SONY 9500G/9000F.

From a C9 user the basic guideline i suggest you to dont go by bookish specification of nits or peak brightness or Contrast ratio. I tell you there is more to a TV in terms of Video Processing algorithm which makes a TV perfect. And Panasonic is the master of this Algorithm.

As an example : Giving a car 600 hp under its hood doesnot make it a supercar unless it has the mechanism to control that much power .

You are not buying any lamp so that you will look into it with 600 nits flashing directly into your eyes. You can buy another 5 premium TV in next 20 years ; you cant do the same for your eyes. Managing Luminance/ Motion is an art which is mastered by Panasonic through its long R&D time frame. I keep LG is in the last among all reputed brand in this regard.

There are n number of other small features of video processing which we always forget to take care in our buying decision; believe me ; this features will become the most important part in your daily watching . Example: Ambient Light sensor. I miss Panasonic's Light sensing algorithm.

Please have a demo of the GX800 in any brand store and decide yourself.

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back