Help me choose Home Projector,budget 1L.

user73

Hi all.

I 'm looking for 4k HDR projector.Don't have any brand preference
Viewing distance is 10feet.
No ambient light in room
It will be connected to watch downloaded movies.
Looking forward to your suggestions.
thx in advance

I dont feel there is any native 4k prohector under 1L. I think even a good 1080p/4k will cost around 1.5L.

thx for replying...i did check his previous post and his review too...
but price is around 2 lakh.....

thx for replying...i did check his previous post and his review too...
but price is around 2 lakh.....
I dont think he paid 2L for it. He got it for something around 1.44L as far as I remember. Check with him for dealer details. It was a superb projector with great PQ

Epson EH-TW7100.
Are you familiar with projectors?
One of the most important spec is the throw distance (distance between screen and projector).
Not all projectors will fit within your requirements.

Epson EH-TW7100.
Are you familiar with projectors?
One of the most important spec is the throw distance (distance between screen and projector).
Not all projectors will fit within your requirements.
I'm not...It is going to be my first projector.Thats why i came to hifivision to seek advice from experts.Could you plz elaborate why it wouldn't fit my requirements?
I thought my requirements aren't that much.

as i said viewing distance is 10-11 feet ....but max throw distance can go upto 16-17 feet.minimum 9feet i guess..but it will be installed little ahead of above my sitting position if installed to ceiling.

I thought once i finish searching for which projector to buy then i will leave it to experienced technician to suggest what size of screen should be installed.
and thx for taking the time out for helping me.

Any Viewing distance less than 10ft it's advisable to buy Native 4k Projector instead of Pixel Shift ones, like Epson 9400 or 7100 or Benq Tk 850. Native 4k from Sony and JVC cost more than 4L AFAIK.
By the way, at 1.9L I got the Epson 9400 projector for viewing distance of 13ft, its much better than the Benq offerings I had checked earlier. Pretty much happy with the Epson. Do try to audition them before deciding.

I would suggest 100 inch (diagonal).
The Epson EH-TW 7100 would be just great.
A little lower cost and you could go for 6700 or 5650.
But I do feel the 7100 is the best option for your budget.
I have the EH-TW8100 and it's superb.

Audition BenQ and Epson. If you're susceptible to the rainbows, BenQ is out of the equation. Since it is your first projector, I will suggest Epson 5650. You can get them for 80-82k. A popular model with tremendous value.

If you can stretch the budget, get the 7100 (Faux 4k). Around 135k. The quality should be same as 5650 for 1080p content. Maybe a bit more sharper and has better black levels. But it can shine if you feed a 4k source. Also brighter than 5650, but won't matter as you plan to use them in a dedicated room.

If you can 'really' stretch, get the 9400. It is a gem.

thank you guys for your valuable comments..I will talk with the dealers here in Punjab and will update how things go.Now i got the idea which projectors i should look for.

Don't opt for grey market ones. Projectors are delicate. Try to get a refurbished one from authorised dealers.

Older projectors will have issues with polarizers which can be a death whistle to projectors.

I will suggest to wait till you save up for 9400 and get a new one. If we can wait this long, why not a bit more. You will have no headache and actual company warranty.

9xxx series produce commendable black levels. Make sure you dedicate a room or project on an ALR Screen ( can be expensive ) to get the best of the beast. They are huge in size, too.

Affordable option is to use them in the evenings or at night. Remember, it is a home theatre projector aimed at enthusiasts. It is a beauty bettered only by JVC or higher end Sony projectors.

Thx for your so informative advice.Totally agree with you.Yes,black levels has always been major concern for me and I was looking for projector which can produce black levels and after being suggested by few members and you of course, 9400 is what i am looking forward to.

You are right again,as i was watching reviews of 9400 and it has been compared with JVC and SONY which are very expensive compared to this so called 'Gem'. :).

I was thinking to post new thread regarding which screen to buy but as u mentioned it here,which brand would you suggest?
Just surfing around last night and for now i just selected this one.

and yes I watch movies only in the evening.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back