help me choose NAD C 325 BEE or CA 640A V2 or norge concerto gold 1000 amplifiers

bharat107

I am interested to buy an amplifier for my Tannoy Mercury custom F1 speakers ( 45 W RMS , 8 om)

After reading posts at different forums i have sorted out three brands.

1. NAD C 325 BEE
2. Cambridge Audio CA 640 V2 (azur)
3. Norge Concerto gold 1000 amplifier

I listem mostly to old hindi music (80%) & new hindi songs (20%).

Also any of you would advise to go for AVR for listening the good music. Like Yamaha RX V463.

Last edited:
Hey! You should also add the marantz 6002.

I suggest you try an audition them on your spk & give your impression on the forum & take it from there as only you can judge what you like.

Stay away from the avr's if your purpose is stereo only.
All the best
Cheers.

Hey! You should also add the marantz 6002.

I suggest you try an audition them on your spk & give your impression on the forum & take it from there as only you can judge what you like.

Stay away from the avr's if your purpose is stereo only.
All the best
Cheers.

Thanks for your advice Marantz PM 6002 can also be considered. (I have read about it but i dont know its price & dealer)

I am located at Begusarai, Bihar & I can't audition the products. I have to relay on the feedback of others.

i have auditioned the tannoy F1 custom on the cambridge audio as well as the NAD325

the NAD without a doubt( for me )does justice to this speaker compared the the cambride ( 540 that i compared with)

i think i have written a review on this as well in my threads.
Canbridge didnt have the drive ( the 540) and it seemed weak.
Bass was also far better inthe NAD

The Marantz CD6002 provides very decent detail with a wholesome sound, and the NAD provides a laterally wide soundstage with space to hear the different instruments separately without cluttering and constricting the sound. A good Synergy between the two.

HTH

Regards

i have auditioned the tannoy F1 custom on the cambridge audio as well as the NAD325

the NAD without a doubt( for me )does justice to this speaker compared the the cambride ( 540 that i compared with)

thanks magma. so many peoples are inclined to NAD. Since you got a chance to audition Tannoy F1 custom speaker both on NAD & CA & you like NAD so i too will consider NAD.

can you please give the link for your thread in which you compared NAD & CA.

Last edited:
The Marantz CD6002 provides very decent detail with a wholesome sound, and the NAD provides a laterally wide soundstage with space to hear the different instruments separately without cluttering and constricting the sound. A good Synergy between the two.

HTH

Regards

dear gobble thanks for your reply. i can buy only one amplifier. given the chance which one you will choose.

dear gobble thanks for your reply. i can buy only one amplifier. given the chance which one you will choose.

For the Tannoy F1s I would recommend the NAD. If money is really tight then get the Norge - I heard it and it is decent. If you have speakers rated @100W I would swing towards the CA.

Regards

So how was freq response with Tany F1?
I wld really like to know how they sound with stereo setup as I dont get full range with Onkyo AVR.Pls.check my setup-

http://www.hifivision.com/my-audio-video-setup/1167-showcase-your-audio-video-setup-here-14.html

For the Tannoy F1s I would recommend the NAD. If money is really tight then get the Norge - I heard it and it is decent. If you have speakers rated @100W I would swing towards the CA.

Regards

i can afford NAD, its no problem. only thing is that it should work well with my Tannoy F1 custom speakers.

In future i want to buy some good floor standing speaker. I want my amplifier to be capable to drive that speaker also.

Anyway can you please tell from whom i can buy NAD. I already contacted decibel. He says he will check whether he can deiver it to my city or not.

can you please tell whether i will be able to connect my IPOD to NAD amplifier or not.

so you have tannoy speakers too..how its working. are you satisfied with its performance.

Tany are working best with movs,but as I dont have dedicated stereo setup I cant say huch abt SQ.
Whatshifi has tried CA640 with Roel amp(without remote) and apriciated the setup as budget hifi(5star)

Hey! You can get Nad from Lakozy mumbai they are the indian distributors.Conatct deatils 022-23697001/02,23692213
Nad & F1 will sound good I've heard it many a times & so i guess you should be okay.You can aslo connect your i pod to the nad amp but i would suggest you get a dock.
If you are looking at geting floorstanders in the future & want to reatain the amp then you sholud look at the NAD355bee at the min.
All the best
Cheers

Last edited:
Hey! You can get Nad from Lakozy mumbai they are the indian distributors.Conatct deatils 022-23697001/02,23692213
Nad & F1 will sound good I've heard it many a times & so i guess you should be okay.You can aslo connect your i pod to the nad amp but i would suggest you get a dock.
If you are looking at geting floorstanders in the future & want to reatain the amp then you sholud look at the NAD355bee at the min.
All the best
Cheers

hi neo
whats the price of NAD 355BEE

I dunno but i guess should be arnd 30k why don't you call & ask. If above 35K then look at other products.
All the best
Cheers

I am interested to buy an amplifier for my Tannoy Mercury custom F1 speakers ( 45 W RMS , 8 om)

After reading posts at different forums i have sorted out three brands.

1. NAD C 325 BEE
2. Cambridge Audio CA 640 V2 (azur)
3. Norge Concerto gold 1000 amplifier

I listem mostly to old hindi music (80%) & new hindi songs (20%).

Also any of you would advise to go for AVR for listening the good music. Like Yamaha RX V463.

I m in same boat too...:eek:hyeah:

I dunno but i guess should be arnd 30k why don't you call & ask. If above 35K then look at other products.
All the best
Cheers

NAD 355BEE is priced at Rs 38,500/- which is to high for me. I am going to buy norge concerto 1000 for the time being. I will let you all know how its working after i will get the amplifier.

Later on i am planning to buy some good AVR when money will not be problem for me.;)

Nice to know that you are on same boat;).

By the way what you do.

I just upgraded my spk,Tany F1 + centre this month.
I got frt 4 months back & centre this month.

Now its time to improve Stereo SQ.I will either go for stereo amp or DAC.
I m leaning towards Norge(2060/1000) as many forum members has given +ve feedback.Looking for more details.

I just upgraded my spk,Tany F1 + centre this month.
I got frt 4 months back & centre this month.

Now its time to improve Stereo SQ.I will either go for stereo amp or DAC.
I m leaning towards Norge(2060/1000) as many forum members has given +ve feedback.Looking for more details.

I myself buying Norge 1000. I hope i will get it in next 10 or 15 days. Then I will be able to tell you how this is working with my Tannoy F1 speakers.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back