Help Me - Design My Shops Portable Audio Section

Amarbir[Lynx-India]

Guys ,
thanks in advance ,well have a look at this picture ..

2vtrwwn.jpg

WE have stairs that go to the basement section of the shop ,I propose to keep a board of wood on the top [ Photo will come ] Professionally done by Jimmy my Carpenter .Once Done i Plan To Keep This Table in The Middle And Two Poles With Hooks To Keep Headphones And Earphones For People To Checkout .I Will Keep a CD Player On The Top Shelf Like You Are Seeing ,A DAC And a Amp In The Shelf's Below It .The Drawing Will Have Some Interconnets For People To Use .Please Pour Some Suggestions and Recommended Infrastucture .I Plan To audion Qunpu Products There Too

1 : Amps : QinPu ? Lynx - The Audio , Electronics & Computer Online Superstore In India
2 : Speakers : QinPu ? Lynx - The Audio , Electronics & Computer Online Superstore In India

Please keep comfy seating arrangement... Not too comfortable else ppl will not get up... :lol:

A better idea to demo headphones is to use Nakamichi demo system that can be hung on the wall. They are very thin. can take 3 or 5 CDs at a time, and you can mount multiple players for parallel demo. These are used in many CD shops when you want to audition a new track or CD.

A CD Player, amp, and DAC combination will be bulky and would also be prone to destruction by careless visitors. Some one could also steal the CDs that are being played. The Nakamichi units need special tools to open and are meant to be protected against pilferage and rough use.

Cheers

Please keep comfy seating arrangement... Not too comfortable else ppl will not get up... :lol:

Lol ,
Gobble sir when you come i will make sure :D

A better idea to demo headphones is to use Nakamichi demo system that can be hung on the wall. They are very thin. can take 3 or 5 CDs at a time, and you can mount multiple players for parallel demo. These are used in many CD shops when you want to audition a new track or CD.

A CD Player, amp, and DAC combination will be bulky and would also be prone to destruction by careless visitors. Some one could also steal the CDs that are being played. The Nakamichi units need special tools to open and are meant to be protected against pilferage and rough use.

Cheers

Well ,
No Venkat i will use a professional setup ,so suggestions on that are welcome ,I will not have CD Etc that side ,Just Headphones and Earphones on those 4 stands with hooks

Well...

honestly it looks cheap, dirty, cluttered and "un comfy".

Well yeas no seats are necessary.. but somehow the whole glittering packs hanged in every possible hooks makes it feel like standing at a festival. and i dont mean it in a nice way.

well maybe thats the best what ur premises can allow.

The best one for me would have been, a lonely corner, low light, just that AV rack and available headphones hanged in hooks, with retainers for them so that no one takes it with them. and yea atleast to make it a "audition station" why not have a USB interface also. bring the music. really burning discs???..

and besides.. auditioning a IEM is a "dirty" things.. :)

Well...

honestly it looks cheap, dirty, cluttered and "un comfy".

Well yeas no seats are necessary.. but somehow the whole glittering packs hanged in every possible hooks makes it feel like standing at a festival. and i dont mean it in a nice way.

well maybe thats the best what ur premises can allow.

The best one for me would have been, a lonely corner, low light, just that AV rack and available headphones hanged in hooks, with retainers for them so that no one takes it with them. and yea atleast to make it a "audition station" why not have a USB interface also. bring the music. really burning discs???..

and besides.. auditioning a IEM is a "dirty" things.. :)

Thanks ,
Lovely comments i cannot ask for more ,M-Jeri why do some techenclave members who do not like me for whatsoever reason like to follow up here just to write useless about lynx and my work ,you people do not understand the hard work that goes into anything do you .Here hifivision members see this fellow

On Techenclave -> TechEnclave
On Hifivison - > http://www.hifivision.com/members/m-jeri.html

this is a forum thats owned and run by very matured and like minded people who understand and appriciate work ,We do not get involved in thrashing other people ,why do you not let me work in peace ,it was not necessary for you to comment on my work and thread if you do not like me for whatever reason ,this is dirty and absurd .

Amarbir[Lynx-India];170824 said:
Thanks ,
Lovely comments i cannot ask for more ,M-Jeri why do some techenclave members who do not like me for whatsoever reason like to follow up here just to write useless about lynx and my work ,you people do not understand the hard work that goes into anything do you .Here hifivision members see this fellow

this is a forum thats owned and run by very matured and like minded people who understand and appriciate work ,We do not get involved in thrashing other people ,why do you not let me work in peace ,it was not necessary for you to comment on my work and thread if you do not like me for whatever reason ,this is dirty and absurd .

LOL Amarbir
They sure won't let you off so easily. This is funny ... at least for the spectator... :)

Cheers

Cheers
I have seen/used these in cd/audio shops.They take up very little space and customers can have a private audition on their own.Which they enjoy.
However,if the idea is to display/highlight/demo the QinPu amps also,more space will have to be 'discovered'.I believe the best way to go would be to avail the free/paid services of some architect friend to reduce the clutter and use the space available in a more attractive manner.I have visited Lynx several times and one way to go would be to move the sales counter to the rear of the shop and free more space upfront.Similarly the basement too could be redesigned.Personally I felt that the shop was choc-a-block full of interesting stuff,which is good,but it needs to be displayed in a more attractive manner.The best thing I liked about Lynx is that products are reasonably priced.There does not seem to be an intent to take customers for a one time ride!After despairing over the miserable(mighty!)mouse which Apple gives with the iMac I had ordered a Microsoft Explorer Mini from Lynx.Price quoted was very reasonable,especially as the Mouse had just been released abroad,and the product turned out to be excellent!
*As a self confessed Apple fan/Microsoft 'disliker' I found the new Apple 'Magic' mouse to be as bad as the 'Mighty'.Prospective Mac buyers would be better off if they could 'discount' the mouse with the dealers and go for Microsoft 'Explorer' or Logitech 'Performance'.

Amarbir, but one point m jeri has raised is something even I was wondering about. How are you going to let customers audition iems?

Amarbir[Lynx-India];170824 said:
Thanks ,

*facepalm*

You did some boo boos in the setup, I am telling you what all i think wrong, isnt that what u wanted from this thread?. Improve that if you want to. Even other users think so. Get the hint.

And dear god. why the hell are u like this?. who are the "we"?. I was talking abt "your" setup?. You want others to support u for ur imaginative customers?. Do u know that my posts are moderated and then only visible here?.If the post was personal/derogatory/abusive/thrashing will the "matured and like minded people who understand and appreciate work" approve it?. You made this personal :). not me. And as usual I have to be the better person and leave the thread. Not because u said, just coz i want to. Ur responses are always just entertaining. ciao.

Amarbir, but one point m jeri has raised is something even I was wondering about. How are you going to let customers audition iems?

iaudio ,
i Do Not Have All The Products Right now .My Plan Is Simple ,I Have 26 Hooks To Keep Approx 26 Models of Headphones And Approx Space For 40 Earphones .This New Material you see here is just the way to fill the material space .Very soon i will remove all of these and have open products for direct demo .For auditioning I Am planning the following .

Source :
1 : Pleople Can Get Thier Source Like mp3 and i have a cable "Male To Male " that connects to the qinpu Vacuum Tube Based headphone/Earphone Amp .
2 : I Have a CD Player So That people can use my music collection or get thier own Cd ,this is also connected to the Qinpu amp permanently .

AMP :
1 : The Qinpu Amp With dual 6N3 Tubes Are Connected To This Setup .

DAC :
1 : I Am Planning To Add a Maverick DAC Soon .
2 : People Who Get Thier Own Laptops Can Use Fiio E7 For The same from my stock

Anything else you would like to know or ask .

Hi amarbit
I think what iaudio wanted to know was would it be hygenic and Safe to let so many people audition the IEM's?

Hi amarbit
I think what iaudio wanted to know was would it be hygenic and Safe to let so many people audition the IEM's?

sir ,
as a iem reseller i have lots of those rubber flangs ,We can wash these daily ,I think we should implement this ,Or might be better keep clean once so that people could just use them and then we could do something ,keep currently i am not getting it how to solve this issue

Ps : i use lots of iems all the time :D

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back