Help me repair my Technics- SL-5 Turntable in Bangalore!

lalgana

Hi folks! New to this board. :)

I have an SL-5 Technics turntable in Bangalore

Technics SL-5 Direct Drive Linear Tracking Turntable - YouTube

Hadn't used it for a while, but have a pretty large LP collection I wanted to check out. Tried playing some on the Technics, but the needle and the direct drive automatic mechanism gets stuck or moves erratically sometimes. :sad:

Would really appreciate if someone in our around Bangalore can help me out with this issue.

Read the board, and learned that someone by the name of Finyl Vinyl and Rajiv and G401fan are experts!

Please help!! :sos:

Thanks and Season's greetings to all!

Technics SL-5 is a IC based system . May need help of a good technician . Please try to get the Circuit Diagram from the net. This is one problem with such players. They will work fine if used regularly but if they are not used for a long time, they sometime show such complaints.
Regards
kuruvilajacob

Thank you for your response. I was under the impression messages would be auto-forwarded to my linked email address, but for some reason yours didn't. :mad: I returned to the board for something else, and your reply was seen.:clapping:

I oiled the bar on top and it seems to be sliding/working most of the time now - behaves slightly erratically on some LPs (maybe the grooves aren't deep enough?). Perhaps with more use as you suggest, the issue may be resolved completely.

I'll try and get the circuit diagram online as you suggested, and if the problem exacerbates in future, I'll either have it repaired (perhaps ship it over to you in case you undertake such tasks?) or buy a new one from Denon or something.

Thanks again for your response, and sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Hello,
You should try Bohra electronics, Jayem complex, Sampige road , Malleswaram, Bangalore. Mr. Bohra seems a passionate 4 decades+ experienced guy in turntables++++. I have given my Philips GF832 for minor repair and talking to him increased my confidence.

All the best and if you are happy keep more people informed.

arun

I oiled the bar on top and it seems to be sliding/working most of the time now - behaves slightly erratically on some LPs (maybe the grooves aren't deep enough?). Perhaps with more use as you suggest, the issue may be resolved completely.

Perhaps you need to set up your turntable properly. Here's a link where you can download the instruction manual for your turntable:

Technics SL-5 Owners Manual, Service Manual, Schematics, Free Download | Vinyl Engine

You need to first sign up to be able to access the documents in vinylengine.com. Please read the manual on how to set up your 'table correctly.

Thank you for your response. I was under the impression messages would be auto-forwarded to my linked email address, but for some reason yours didn't. :mad: I returned to the board for something else, and your reply was seen.:clapping:

No, it doesn't get forwarded to your email like some forums. You need to read it on the board.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back