Help me with my living room 7.1.4 set up

Here -

Definitive Technology BP9080x towers in Hyderabad for about 3.25L
Definitive Technology CS9080 center - $800 + tax at Best Buy, I did a price match from Abt electronics, usually it's $1000
Definitive Technology 2x SR9080 for surrounds - $560 + tax each for both
Definitive Technology 2x SR9040 for rear left and right = $375 + tax for both
4x Micca 8 C = $160 + tax for all 4

So the American purchases that includes the center + 4 surrounds + 4 ceiling speakers = $1895 + tax. Taxes were about 8%-9% depending on where I've shipped them to in America. So even with taxes included, roughly $2100. With today's conversion in Indian rupees, that's around 1.5L. So all the 11 speakers costed me about 4.75L in Indian currency.

I just checked the Indian prices of the DefTechs, center = 1.07L, SR9080 = 75k. SR9040 = 56k.

Speakers or any A/V equipment in India are very expensive. I just checked the Indian prices of the DefTechs, center = 1.07L, SR9080 = 75k, SR9040 = 56k. Luckily I've had friends and family who were traveling from America to India over the past year and they were kind enough to accommodate these things for me. I've been piling them up for more than a year, one by one. I knew I don't need an expensive pair for the Atmos, so I went with something cheap and yet they are good speakers. I've narrowed down on the DefTechs for the better movie experience and once I did that, it was just a matter of purchase and who is going to bring them here.

Yes, I could go for the dual F15 but I can't place a second sub at the moment, have to make some changes near the A/V area. As for placing it in another corner, I don't have space for the sub exactly as I have a bar area in the corner. Only place where I could set it if not the A/V area would be right behind the couch and that would need wire running on the marble floor which won't be approved by my wife ;)

Plan is to make changes to the tv cabinet/counter area, and accommodate the second sub right next to the left tower. So that will be two subs on either sides of the A/V area. Since we just moved into the house, I don't want to make changes or adjustments to the furniture, so couple of years of wait for the second sub.

As of now the Rythmik F18 quote I have gotten is at 1.9L. Trying to see my other options at that price range.
That's nice to hear. I've always wanted to hear the BP9080 in action, but Bengaluru dealers don't have them. When it comes to subs, rythmik has the best port tuning options. If space is a constraint, buy a good one for now and later get similar one later.

In a room as large as yours with lot of openings, I would not select sealed subwoofers. Instead, it is wiser to get at least a pair of ported 15+" or more subwoofers. No single sealed subwoofer can produce reference level output in your room, not even the JTR Captivator S1.
Sealed subwoofers generally take advantage of room gain to boost the low frequencies when placed in medium to small rooms, but in your kind of open rooms, they will be inferior and bottomout during most of the base intense scenes. And as you prefer movies to music, you can't go wrong with the ported subwoofers as they produce more tactile feel, play louder and deeper.
Perhaps you can look into the PSA's newer models with 18" or 21" B&C drivers (some of the best drivers in the industry).
Finally, no matter which subwoofer you buy, dont forget to get a pair or more because your room demands it.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back