Help needed on Interconnects and Cables

madhan

Hi Folks am a newbee to this forum, am a novice as far as setting up an home theatre is concerned. I have bought a SAMSUNG LA46B530P7R 46" inch LCD screen recently and purchased Yamaha YHT-195 and Pioneer DV-610 over the weekend. Now i haven't set up my home theater and need valuable inputs on how do i connect my Pio---> A/V--->LCD and also my STB via A/V. I am clueless on the interconnects to be used, I havent procured any HDMI cable yet. Kindly advice on the number of HDMI cables i should buy and how do i connect my Pio and STB via A/v to the screen. Not planning to connect any gaming console or other gadgets.
Kindly request you folks to guide me through my set up

P.S: Am no audiophile

Hi Folks am a newbee to this forum, am a novice as far as setting up an home theatre is concerned. I have bought a SAMSUNG LA46B530P7R 46" inch LCD screen recently and purchased Yamaha YHT-195 and Pioneer DV-610 over the weekend. Now i haven't set up my home theater and need valuable inputs on how do i connect my Pio---> A/V--->LCD and also my STB via A/V. I am clueless on the interconnects to be used, I havent procured any HDMI cable yet. Kindly advice on the number of HDMI cables i should buy and how do i connect my Pio and STB via A/v to the screen. Not planning to connect any gaming console or other gadgets.
Kindly request you folks to guide me through my set up

P.S: Am no audiophile

simple

1. 2 hdmi cables - one from Pio 610 to AVR, another from AVR to TV
2. provided you are using Tata Sky or Dish TV which come with composite connections (yellow for video and red white for stereo audio) - you can get 1 RCA cable (red white) and connect them from behind the STB to the AVR (Yamaha 363 of YHT 195) for audio processing. Use another separate cable for connecting the yellow (video signal) from STB to TV. Ditto if you use composite cables for Airtel DTH, Tata Sky plus (connect stereo RCA from STB to AVR, composite blue, green, red to TV directly).

SO in overall you need 2 HMDI cables, 2 RCA cables,1 composite video cable. Anything from MX or Banridge will do.

Hi Supra,

1 HDMI may be enough as YHT-195 dont upscale?pls correct.

In that case-
1.HDMI for Pio > TV
2.Coax/optical for aud Pio> AVR
3.SD/DTH to directly TV & ana to AVR

I know this will add more cables ,but may reduce total cost?

Adding to what Spiro mentioned,

(3) connect STB->TV via RCA-Audio cable and then TV-Audio-Out to AVR. This will enable you to selectively switch on your AVR for specific TV programs/films, and the rest could be watched with normal TV audio.

Hi Supra,

1 HDMI may be enough as YHT-195 dont upscale?pls correct.

In that case-
1.HDMI for Pio > TV
2.Coax/optical for aud Pio> AVR
3.SD/DTH to directly TV & ana to AVR

I know this will add more cables ,but may reduce total cost?

my bad spiro - completely missed me.

Right for video the 363 will pass through the signals, for audio maybe a coaxial or optical cable would be necessary from Pio to the AVR to process audio.

Thanks for correcting me man. (this after setting up 2 YHT 195 for friends - that's bad - am getting old:D)

Thank you folks, now i face a different issue :sad: I have connected my Pio to A/V via coaxial cable and STB to A/V using normal RCA cables. Yesterday i was able to listen some music played from my Pio, after which i was trying lot of things with the A/V. Now i could get audio output when the source is STB or Tuner (FM), but am not getting any audio output when i play a DVD from my Pio. Am sure i have messed up with some settings. Can some one help me here......

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back