Help Needed - Sony 50W800B or Sony 50W900B

rdeepakk

Hi guys, I'm planning to buy a 50 inch TV by this weekend. Need your help in deciding the TV. On visiting the showrooms, made up my mind to buy either of Sony Bravia 50W800B or Sony Bravia 50W900B.

1. Sony Bravia 50W800B - Cost is 1 lakh + BD Player
2. Sony Bravia 50W900B - Cost is 1.2 Lakh + BD Player

I'm planning to buy a Home Theatre as well. Will the lack of DTS support cause any issue when using it with Home Theatre?

Thanks in Advance.

I'm planning to buy a Home Theatre as well. Will the lack of DTS support cause any issue when using it with Home Theatre?

Thanks in Advance.

If you rely on the TV's USB port, then it wont play DTS tracks...

If you use BD player USB port, then it can decode DTS & send it to TV.. Most BD player decode DTS...

If you are planning to buy a HT from top brands, then lack of DTS will not be a problem..

I don't know why Sony doesn't take the effort of including DTS on TV's... Even my TV doesn't decode DTS....( I never used TV's USB port)

I prefer 800B for better blacks and VA panel. Again, 800B is rated a bit down for 3D. But practically I have seen just one movie in 3D till now and that too just for the kicks because that movie will never be screened in theaters. LOL

just one movie in 3D till now and that too just for the kicks because that movie will never be screened in theaters
fET20k

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back