Help needed to determine the best speaker within 40K

joysen2002

Hello All,

I need a help in determinig the best speaker within 30-40K. I am having Marantz PM5004 and CD5004 combo as the amplifier and transport.
Currently having Focal chorus 706v BS speaker connected to one terminal of the ampli. I am planning to get another pair for the second terminal of the ampli and your valuable suggestion in this regard will be highly appreciated. Speakers can b BS or FS as you suggest.
Please advise.

The second terminal in the amp is meant for biwiring not putting another pair of speakers in parallel. You seriously risk damaging your amp by doing this. Better way to add speakers will be to get powered speakers and connect it to the pre out of your amp, if it has them.

Thanks a lot for letting me know this...I m very much new to this field and thought i can use either of the terminal and not using both of the terminals together....Thanks again...however plz lemme knw regarding the speakers within this range as i will make a different setup with a new ampli and speakers..also suggest me on the suitable ampli for the suggested speakers...

Thanks a lot for letting me know this...I m very much new to this field and thought i can use either of the terminal and not using both of the terminals together....Thanks again...however plz lemme knw regarding the speakers within this range as i will make a different setup with a new ampli and speakers..also suggest me on the suitable ampli for the suggested speakers...

Now that you have elaborated, you can use either of the two connected speakers independently. If that is your requirement, by all means connect another pair of speakers. But running both together may cause problems for this amp.

There are many options in 30-40K range. What is the change in sound that you are looking for. Focal Chorus 706 are very good speakers. What are you missing?

Thanks again Ashish for clarifying....there is nothing wrong with focal but somehow i m not enjoying the old classics (Rafi/Kishore/Mukesh/Hemanta) using these combinations (marantz pm5004/cd5004/focal)... Thats y thinking of some other good speakers may b a floor standing...please advise...

Focal generally has a good midrange to suit the mid centric sound of classics. It could be the marantz. I don't have experience with it though. It's certainly a favourite here in the forum. You could try the tannoy v4. Very capable floorstanders in that range. I also found Dali ikon 6 to be very good with vocals, but they are not forgiving to poor recordings and over your budget. Wharfedale could be another option.

Thanks Ashish...will try to audition these soon...do you know the price range of these speakers nd any dealer information (1st hand/2nd hand) in kolkata?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back