Help needed - what's the issue? (NAD T757 static noise)

narenvaidee

Can someone tell me what this noise is? It was working fine, and just last week, when switched on, this noise comes up in all channels, irrespective of the volume level (i.e. doesn't increase or decrease with volume changes). Worth giving this for repairs?

Link to video -

Thanks for your inputs!

Gadget Freak

Can someone tell me what this noise is? It was working fine, and just last week, when switched on, this noise comes up in all channels, irrespective of the volume level (i.e. doesn't increase or decrease with volume changes). Worth giving this for repairs?

Link to video -

Thanks for your inputs!
Sounds like a Ground noise to me. Please check your input cables. Plug all the input signal cables and check. This will rule out where the problem is.

narenvaidee

To rule out the inputs, I disconnected everything to rule out input source noise. The one that you see in the video is just with the speaker and power chord connected. NO input source.

mbhangui

Is the noise coming on the headphone out too?
1. Doesn't look like a problem in the pre-amp, amp section. All the channels cannot go bad at the same time.
2. Power supply is common to all the channels. Could be the filter capacitor gone bad.

Is it in warranty?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!