HELP needed with DEN DIGITAL Set top box

grv_aw

hi

i had until now an LG crt tv which worked perfectly with the cisco manufactured DEN digital set top box model 3410DVB.i recently upgraded to a panasonic 50inch FHD tv.i have the following queries from my fellow members:

1.can a single set top box provide output for two TV's at the same time,accepting the fact that both the TV's play the same channel??

2.is there any other way to provide output to my LG crt tv when the only RCA out and video port is engaged with the new tv?

3.is there any way that i can make that happen, i.e. run both the TV's side by using a single box? if so please explain how?

4.is it illegal to somehow run two television sets from a single set top box?

I am posting the link to the user manual for the set top box in question,page 9 of which contains the connections chart :-
http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/video/at_home/Set-Tops/DVB_STTs/4040316_A.pdf

looking forward to a quick response from you all..thanks.

You can make that happen but for that you need to have a connector with 1RCA to 2RCA for video and 2RCA to 4RCA for audio is stereo in required otherwise you can also have 1RCA to 2RCA for audio in case mono sound will do. I am assuming that the LG CRT TV has video and audio inputs.

It is speaking strictly not legal and Further, in this way the picture quality is going to be degraded and if the length of cable is going to be long it will pick up unnecessary interference. Better is to get an HD setup box for the newer TV and continue with the old one with the CRT.

yes the LG CRT has RCA inputs for audio and video,also the distance between the set top box and the old CRT TV is about 20metres.as per your suggestion i surveyed the market and came across 1rca to 2rca splitter pic attached.he told me to insert three of these splitters in the set top box and then make two separate connections of two 3rca cables ,one to the new TV and another to the old CRT 20mtrs away.what i was wondering was whether this would result in data loss given the distance between the box and the TV?secondly will it effect the quality of the signal on the other TV as well?

p.s.- i am so interested in this setup as i don't have the requirement of watching both the TV's simultaneously as there less people in the house.so plz bear with me.

Attachments

• splitter-y-type-audio-video-connector-250x250.jpg
    splitter-y-type-audio-video-connector-250x250.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
yes the LG CRT has RCA inputs for audio and video,also the distance between the set top box and the old CRT TV is about 20metres.as per your suggestion i surveyed the market and came across 1rca to 2rca splitter pic attached.he told me to insert three of these splitters in the set top box and then make two separate connections of two 3rca cables ,one to the new TV and another to the old CRT 20mtrs away.what i was wondering was whether this would result in data loss given the distance between the box and the TV?secondly will it effect the quality of the signal on the other TV as well?

p.s.- i am so interested in this setup as i don't have the requirement of watching both the TV's simultaneously as there less people in the house.so plz bear with me.
I dont see any problem in your setup. But you will require a different adapter i.e Amazon.in: Buy High Quality 1 RCA Male To 2 RCA Female Coupler Adapter Splitter Online at Low Prices in India | CABLESETC Reviews & Ratings
buy three of these And connect you STB
You need to buy a good quality cable for a 20meter run. BTW are these in two different rooms?????

@rayvonnee, yes they are in different rooms.what i am worried about the most is whether the distance between the 2nd TV and the STB will result in data loss,as the only 20mtr RCA cable i am getting in the market over here is not of very good quality IMO,also while surfing the net i came across an australian site that sold a cable like that with the video cable being thicker than the other two meant for audio?is it a fact to be taken into consideration too given the large distance?

@rayvonnee, yes they are in different rooms.what i am worried about the most is whether the distance between the 2nd TV and the STB will result in data loss,as the only 20mtr RCA cable i am getting in the market over here is not of very good quality IMO,also while surfing the net i came across an australian site that sold a cable like that with the video cable being thicker than the other two meant for audio?is it a fact to be taken into consideration too given the large distance?

You can try diy cable. If you know a bit of soldering. Its quite simple. Go ahead and buy a coaxial cable(the same cable which feeds your signal to the stb.....yes the same thick cable which local cablewalas use). buy a good 20mtr length very easy to find in coaxial. I have brought 10mtr for my use. Since these cables are sheilded you will not face any loss issue according to me. You must buy two rca sockets for termination of the coaxial cable and you are good to go. check out this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhbTfhkdQ70
Also im posting pics of my rca cable which i made following the instructions in the video

Attachments

• IMG_20141002_104159513.jpg
    IMG_20141002_104159513.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20141002_104210142.jpg
    IMG_20141002_104210142.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20141002_104228878.jpg
    IMG_20141002_104228878.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 32
excellent advice rayvonnee,going to try this first thing tomorrow.thanks for all your help man.shall get back to you with the outcome.pretty detailed video there too.thnx alot once again.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back