Help on HDMI setup

planetavi

Hi Can any one tell me if I can play the TV (audio) through HDMI
my TATA sky is directly connected to LCD ad not Via Receiver, my reciever is connected to LCD through HDMI cable.

do I need add another connection to play audio on external speakers, or Ive to pass Tatasky through Receiver?

To play TV audio in any external speaker you need a connection from the AUDIO OUT PUT to your external speaker or AVR or AMP. it can be from the TV or your tatasky box.
-Sk

605 Does not upconvert, and Tatasky does not yet have HDMI out.
so, in case you need to pass TS through receiver, connect the TS to composite in of the recv and pass composite out of the recv to composite in of the LCD. You would end up with two sets of cables to your LCD ( the composite for your TS and HDMI for your hdmi video source). Your HDMI will be worthwhile only if you have a hdmi video source feeding your recv.
My 2 cents.

Yes, you can. This is how I have done it:

1. My recevier is connected to the display device (in my case the projector) via HDMI only.
  2. The Tata Sky box's Audio (L/R) is connected to the receviers audio in on one of the input options (cable/Sat, in my case.)
  3. Tata sky video out is connected to the video in (yellow) and I have assigned it to the same cable/sat option.
  4. The receiver used the 480i signal and upconverts to 1080p, and it is pretty impressive.

regards

Not to nitpick but I assume it sends out a 576i signal as it is a strictly PAL device (also as composite cable is incapable of carrying a progressive scan signal, it is almost certainly interlaced).

@planetavi: Assuming that your TS box is the only composite video capable device, it would be best to connect it directly to the TV via composite cable and send the audio to your AV receiver. If you wish to be able to watch TV without switching on the AV receiver, then connect the TS to audio-in on the TV and then route the audio-out from TV to AVR.

Not to nitpick but I assume it sends out a 576i signal as it is a strictly PAL device (also as composite cable is incapable of carrying a progressive scan signal, it is almost certainly interlaced).

Dang, I forgot, PAL = 576i is correct.

Back