Help: Panasonic 50VT20D Image Retention/Burn In Problem!

rockstar1630

Another day another problem. Just noticed that the Dish TV envelop (message reminder) and some random text has burned in/retained all across the screen.
Was watching agnipath blu ray 3 days back and I could see the envelop and text ghosting around in the background.
Now 3 days have been passed but there is no reduction at all in the retained image and it's clearly visible when TV is switched on and there is no content on it.

The TV is about 5 months old with the breaking in process for 100 hrs completed religiously. I don't recollect if by mistake I've left the TV on with Dishtv programming for extended hours.

What shall I do? Complaint to panasonic? am feeling like a complete idiot to have spent megabucks on one of the best TVs in the world to face this.

Please advice brothers.

Even I am facing the same problem.. My tv (50V20) is 7 months old and for last few days I am watching a ghost logo of airtel digital tv at right lower corner..
Tv is used for watching tv serials daily and though channels are being changed every 10-15 mins, the logo usually remains at same space..
Main problem is even if we can remove it for now(don't think it's possible), how to avoid it in future..!!!
I am afraid Panasonic has clearly stated that image retention is not covered under warranty..

Plasma has a problem of image burn-in if you keep a same static image displaying on screen for more than 30mins to 1 hrs..it is recommended to keep changing channels now and then.
Details are provided in owner's manual. Image burn in is not covered by warranty and they put this caution in owners manual.
In case of LCD/LED u have to switch channel within 1:30 hrs-2:00hrs.

I use coloured tiles every few weeks. The same ones that were used for burn in. But since we have a good mix of gaming movies and Tv. I haven't experienced it so far. Let have alook closely later tonight and repoort back.

Guys relax!

I using a plasma since last 3+ years and nary an image has been burnt in. The retention/ghost patch is a very temporary problem. It'll go away automatically. The plasma has a pixel-shifter/screen saver feature. use it.

If you are still paranoid download this video and play it, If you don't have htpc you can burn a dvd of the same.
Plasma TV Logo Removing DVD - fix burn-in pixels

HTPC users can also use a simle free program called JSreenFixit .

Happy viewing.

Don't need to buy a Dvd. Just use coloured slides. The Tv will play it in slideshow mode.

Oops. I misunderstood. why bother with burnign a dvd. Dump the pics into an old thumb drive and you are good to go.

Back