HELP - Qinpu Auditioning [ Amps & Speakers ]

Amarbir[Lynx-India]

Hello Guys ,

As You Know i Have Imported The Entire Line Of Qinpu Amps And Speakers To India .I would Like To Know How Can i Audition The Same Properly .The Range Includes

Amps [ solid state ] - Q1 ,UV-9 , DK-2
Amps [ Tube based ] - Q2 ,A1 ,A2,A3 , A-6000 MK-II
Speakers [ DV1 , DV-3 ,V2x ,MG2 ,V2 ,V3 ,Q6 ,VF 3.2 ,V 1.8 ,S1 ]
Active Speakers [ SP1 ]
Subwoofer [ SW5 ]

Well the question is that how do we audition these so that we come to know what Amp works how and what speaker works well with what AMP .The sources i have are as following

1 : Creative Mosiac Digital Player - > Creative ZEN Mozaic - Trendy and lightweight MP3 player with mosaic design and built-in speaker

2 : Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen Extra 30GB Digital Player

3 : HP Commercial Nx6325 Laptop [ Soundmax Sound Card Inbuilt ]

4 : Desktop @ Home [ Realtek ALC883 6 -Channel CODEC ]

I Do Have Many Other Digital Players @ Shop Like The Archos Clipper And The Archos 3 Vision .I May Also Have Some good Sound Cards Lying Here And There .I Could Also Arrange The Head Direct EF2a Tube Amp + DAC .So i Would Like To Know How To Go About It .Using Losless Digital Formats Etc ,Good Cabling Though All Qinpu Products Are Bundles By OFC Cable Thats Gold Plated .

HELP :yahoo::D

Amarbir[Lynx-India];101945 said:
Hello Guys ,

As You Know i Have Imported The Entire Line Of Qinpu Amps And Speakers To India .I would Like To Know How Can i Audition The Same Properly .The Range Includes

Amps [ solid state ] - Q1 ,UV-9 , DK-2
Amps [ Tube based ] - Q2 ,A1 ,A2,A3 , A-6000 MK-II
Speakers [ DV1 , DV-3 ,V2x ,MG2 ,V2 ,V3 ,Q6 ,VF 3.2 ,V 1.8 ,S1 ]
Active Speakers [ SP1 ]
Subwoofer [ SW5 ]

Well the question is that how do we audition these so that we come to know what Amp works how and what speaker works well with what AMP .The sources i have are as following

1 : Creative Mosiac Digital Player - > Creative ZEN Mozaic - Trendy and lightweight MP3 player with mosaic design and built-in speaker

I Do Have Many Other Digital Players @ Shop Like The Archos Clipper And The Archos 3 Vision .I May Also Have Some good Sound Cards Lying Here And There .I Could Also Arrange The Head Direct EF2a Tube Amp + DAC .So i Would Like To Know How To Go About It .Using Losless Digital Formats Etc ,Good Cabling Though All Qinpu Products Are Bundles By OFC Cable Thats Gold Plated .

HELP :yahoo::D

1) TYpe of music you listen and comfortable with - w can suggest some good CD;s in that perticular genour..
2) Planning to buy some extra hardware like CD player? I hink if you have dac DVD+ Dac and PC + Dac is sufficient..
3) I am certain you must be having some audiophile card like Xonar ,please post details,,,

1) TYpe of music you listen and comfortable with - w can suggest some good CD;s in that perticular genour..
2) Planning to buy some extra hardware like CD player? I hink if you have dac DVD+ Dac and PC + Dac is sufficient..
3) I am certain you must be having some audiophile card like Xonar ,please post details,,,

Sir ,
Punjabi And Hindi Music .Only Some Type On English But Better avoided .Computer + " something" is Preffered .I Am Now Learning About FLAC Also a Little .Yes i Can Arrange some Type Of Sound Cards Though .

Friends ,
I Have a Learned a lot of FLAC ,Done The following

1 : Downloaded the Ripper : Introduction Exact Audio Copy
2 : Player On Laptop Currently : VLC media player - Open Source Multimedia Framework and Player

Now The Issues In a Neat source To Play The Same .Either It Could Be a USB DAC - > Output To a Qinpu AMP .The question Is Which DAC ? .We Can Also Use a Good Digital Player Commonly Called MP3 Players .But Can a Digital Payer Match a USB DAC ? . :D

Hi,

Good Cabling Though All Qinpu Products Are Bundles By OFC Cable Thats Gold Plated .

OMG :eek: a gold plated cable :yahoo: !! thats a first for me :licklips: !!

Seriously thats seems to be a mistake right ?

Anyways coming to your query,

+1 to the above !!!

Or

For the actual and proper testing of tube gear I strongly recommend you a dedicated CDP (buy one,loan from someone,its like Beg Borrow or Steal:eek:hyeah: ) !!

Else the alternatives (with limited results) are the Nomad and Laptop playing compulsorily a LOSSLESS format ;) !!

Else it would also be a good idea to send them to select members of this forum and ask them to post the reviews of the same !! once its done either they or whoever is interested in the product of the same city can buy ! worst case they can send it back to you,but you'll get a 100% better review based on the members experience (no pun intended) and also based on the comparison they'll be able to do with this product with that of the others (in the same budget range offcourse irrespective of SS or Tube)

One last word,Mind you that reviewing Tube (or for that matter any Audio Product) you need some good setup with some experience and other similar stuff to compare and arrive at suitable conclusion :eek:hyeah: !! Else it'll be like shooting a Bear in dark :D !!

Regards.

Last edited:
Hi,

OMG :eek: a gold plated cable :yahoo: !! thats a first for me :licklips: !!

Seriously thats seems to be a mistake right ?

Anyways coming to your query,

+1 to the above !!!

Or

For the actual and proper testing of tube gear I strongly recommend you a dedicated CDP (buy one,loan from someone,its like Beg Borrow or Steal:eek:hyeah: ) !!

Else the alternatives (with limited results) are the Nomad and Laptop playing compulsorily a LOSSLESS format ;) !!

Else it would also be a good idea to send them to select members of this forum and ask them to post the reviews of the same !! once its done either they or whoever is interested in the product of the same city can buy ! worst case they can send it back to you,but you'll get a 100% better review based on the members experience (no pun intended) and also based on the comparison they'll be able to do with this product with that of the others (in the same budget range offcourse irrespective of SS or Tube)

One last word,Mind you that reviewing Tube (or for that matter any Audio Product) you need some good setup with some experience and other similar stuff to compare and arrive at suitable conclusion :eek:hyeah: !! Else it'll be like shooting a Bear in dark :D !!

Regards.

Just Few Word ,

I Have Good Ears And i Have a Sound And Very Quick Grasp Of New Stuff Due To My Electronics Background You Missed The Point Here .The Only Thing Left is a Good Source .I Am Also Getting The Nationite S:Flo2 Player Which i Distributor Now For The First Time That Has A Good Audio Chip And a Line Out Connection .I Would Have been humbled if you could have given me some input in the effort i was doing .Regarding the Reviews Once i am done i will surely do the needful .For this i will need to give time to myself in this forum as i am too new to this and learning at good speed .I hope you understand my feeling and learning desire .

Edit : It Was a OFC Cable With Gold Plated Connector To correct Myself ,Sorry I Felt Bad That Due To a Simple Typo You Pulled Me Up And Ridiculed Me

Last edited:
Hi Amarbir
I dont think Soundsgreat even intended to ridicule you
He just put it up light heartedly and immediately in the next line wrote that he felt its a writing mistake on your part

Believe me, it will really help you a lot in achieving the results you desire by getting suggestions by hifi gurus like him, Cranky, Asit, Audio_engr, dinyaar, venkat, virenji, kamlaji and many more

Hi Amarbir
I dont think Soundsgreat even intended to ridicule you
He just put it up light heartedly and immediately in the next line wrote that he felt its a writing mistake on your part

Believe me, it will really help you a lot in achieving the results you desire by getting suggestions by hifi gurus like him, Cranky, Asit, Audio_engr, dinyaar, venkat, virenji, kamlaji and many more

Sir ,
i Am Dying for The Commets Cranky, Asit, Audio_engr, dinyaar, venkat, virenji, kamlaji and many more [ Where Are you ] Lol Its 2:12 Am And they Might Be Sleeping
:D

Amarbir[Lynx-India];101948 said:
Sir ,
Punjabi And Hindi Music .Only Some Type On English But Better avoided .Computer + " something" is Preffered .I Am Now Learning About FLAC Also a Little .Yes i Can Arrange some Type Of Sound Cards Though .

Hi Arambeer-No sir please!!

More specific like which artists in hindi ,any perticular film like...so that members can suggest good recordings from what you like ...I we suggest some obscure classic western classical and if you are listening it for first time you cannot say whether it is good or bad!

As I always believe requirement of better source for testing :can anyone suggest good recording in hindi and especilaly in Punjabi?

IMHO some good recorded hindi CD's

1) Veer-Zarra
2) Fanaa
3) A lot of A R Rehman's recordings

In english buy "HELL FREEZES OVER" By eagles as HOTEL CALIFORNIA is test standard across!

Kailash Kher's Latest album

Indian Ocean - Jhinni

Bombay, Dil Se, Taal. Roja

These are better recorded albums i can think of

Amarbir[Lynx-India];101958 said:
Just Few Word ,

I Have Good Ears And i Have a Sound And Very Quick Grasp Of New Stuff Due To My Electronics Background You Missed The Point Here .The Only Thing Left is a Good Source .I Am Also Getting The Nationite S:Flo2 Player Which i Distributor Now For The First Time That Has A Good Audio Chip And a Line Out Connection .I Would Have been humbled if you could have given me some input in the effort i was doing .Regarding the Reviews Once i am done i will surely do the needful .For this i will need to give time to myself in this forum as i am too new to this and learning at good speed .I hope you understand my feeling and learning desire .

Edit : It Was a OFC Cable With Gold Plated Connector To correct Myself ,Sorry I Felt Bad That Due To a Simple Typo You Pulled Me Up And Ridiculed Me

For auditioning a very good source is a must. Either you need to have a good CDP or a media player with a good external dac (imo the dac in any media player will be inferior).

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back