help req for good Stabilizer for my onkyo ht 3300 system

If you already have a servo stab and dont require any backup for any equipments like projector, spending on a UPS is a waste.

Edit: From ur old post it seems you have connected the servo stab to the entire house except heavy loads. You have an inverter also (Hope it is having more capacity than the servo stab). I suggest you use the servo for AV only and use a separate line from the mains to feed to avoid any load differences because of other equipments in the house. Moreover running any AV equipments from inverter is not at all recommended.

But if you require backup, i think connecting a LI UPS after servo will not be a problem, but for running the full AV setup requires high powered UPS (not more than the servo stab capacity) and will be expensive. For you, it would have been better going for an Online UPS instead of buying a servo (since you require backup).

Now what i suggest is to connect

Mains>> Inverter>>Full House except all AV components
Mains>>Servo>>SineWave UPS (better avoid this component or restrict the connection only to a few)>>AV equipments

Hope this helps

Well , Inverter is of lesser capacity than servo ... Servo is 2KVA and Inverter its ~ 1KVA (dunno exact battery capacity as nothing is written on it , its 20x16x6 inch in dimension)
I dont mind keeping AV units shut during power failure , I just want them to be safer if there is sudden power surge or drop.
I think i'll go with servo for AV components without UPS ...

Well , Inverter is of lesser capacity than servo ... Servo is 2KVA and Inverter its ~ 1KVA (dunno exact battery capacity as nothing is written on it , its 20x16x6 inch in dimension)
I dont mind keeping AV units shut during power failure , I just want them to be safer if there is sudden power surge or drop.
I think i'll go with servo for AV components without UPS ...

If the inverter is having lesser capacity than the servo, remove the servo from the chain at any cost unless you want to celebrate deepavali earlier..:)

If the inverter is having lesser capacity than the servo, remove the servo from the chain at any cost unless you want to celebrate deepavali earlier..:)

Can you explain more ? Does servo take 2kv load all @ when inverter kicksin during power cut even thou the load on Servo is much lesser ?

Thanks in advance thou.

As I understand the inverter capacity is 1KVa and Servo capacity is 2KVa. The term Capacity means the max current which is supposed to run through the device. If there is a demand for more current than its capacity it will get damaged since the components used can support only upto 1KVa. It will not get damaged on a single shot.

In normal conditions if the components are transferring current than its capacity it will get overheated especially wires and can cause short circuits when the insulation goes off due to excess heat. If the inverter is having overload protection then it may not be a problem.

But if the power goes off or fluctuations similar to on-off-on-off, the inverter kicks in and there is a sudden demand of huge current than the capacity of the inverter it can lead to fireworks before the overload protection acts.

Recently I got my HTS 3300 ...
And I connected servo to HT+TV+ comp line . But now problem is when electricity goes off and inverter kicks in (square wave) , there is huge noise coming from stabilizer like dhook dhuum dhhaaam ... Earlier it was like
1# Mains -> Servo -> Inverter -> Whole house
But now its like
2# Mains -> Inverter-(whole house)-> Servo(living room: AV + my room: comp) ... i guess i have screwed up something here :eek:

Problem is even if u wish to separate out AV + comp lines to install stabilizer w/o inverter backup i cant do it as both rooms connection is given from a single MCB , and I also want inverter backup in my room ...

In 1# , stabilizer used to get shut down in case of power failure , and inverter would provide backup .

Should i revert back to 1# ?
thing here is to protect AV equipments from mains as well as square wave inverter :p

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back