Help requested: Stereo lstening amp, dac & floor standers???

HELP ON STEREO SETUP - AMP + DAC + FLOOR STANDERS

• AMP?

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • DAC?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Floor Standers?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jeevit Vashishtha

Hi All,

I just joined the forum with this being my first post.

Thus far I own very basic Marshal Hanwell anniversay edition Boxed integrated speakers and also Swans M200mkiii 2.0 speakers in different rooms.

Need to upgrade to a good 2.0 Floor standing Stereo Speaker System setup for pure music listening.

I am getting a new Marantz PM8005 amp for INR 46000!

This could be my starting point, entire system to build would take time!

1) Is it a good startup AMP to drive two good speakers with decent bass (no sub woofer I would add) OR could pick anything better in that price band (Pound 560)...I like warm sound but considerable bass..i heard Marantz PM8005 doesn't deliver good bass???

OR Should I start considering NAD's etc...?

Suggestions please

2) What Compatible Floor Standers would you recommend ...say 1.2 lacs max for speakers ...

3) As I travel a lot internationally, what DAC for this setup do you recommend ? I hear that in US/Canada you pick up a good DAC for about 20K.....?

Thanks in advance,

Jeevit

Hi

I would suggest you audition all possible speakers and decide which one suits your expectations......

You are getting a PM8005 for 46k...its a clear steal deal......don't miss out.....buy it.....

Speakers like PSB, Jamo (C series), Focals, Wharfedale, Pioneer AJs, Dali Z7 etc will easily match .....

For a good match with great bass , proper mids not too forward or pronounced and extended highs look at the Paradigm Monitor 11 , I hope you will love it absolutely. Apart from that there's the Tannoy XT6F/8F. These are one of the best options to pair with the Marantz. Dali Option 6 are great speakers and matches excellent and sounds almost factory matched with Marantz 8005. Give all a listen since these are personal opinions and everyone's tastes differ.

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back