Help required on buying a Panasonic X20D

gbharani

After trying to hold back the urge, finally willing to put my money on Panasonic X20d sometime this week.

1. I got offer in chennai of 38.5K (forgot to ask with wallmount or not)from a small dealer (Chandra Traders - MadBullRam your favorite) or 39K with free wallmount from Panasonic Brand shop. I am willing to pay 39K if the service is hassle free. What do you guys say ?

2. Do you suggest a stabilizer ? If yes which one should i go for ?

3. I am also looking to buy a media player. I am inclined towards WD-Live as the interface looks nice. I do have a yamaha home theater receiver which will be connected to the media player. There is a current offer of $89 for the WD-Live in the US and somebody is coming down.

4. Furniture - I have a TV stand currently holding a 29 inch Panasonic. I am planning to dispose it off and get a smaller stand to hold the receiver, tata sky box, media player and a dvd player. Is there any designs available on the web ?

thanks for the help in advance guys.

Bharani

Sorry if it hurts you.

These questions do not deserve a separate thread as there exists few active threads pertaining to X20D.

1. Many guys posted that they have bought 42 X20 for 36K (around that). And in India almost all flat panel TVs (at least from LG, Panasonic, Sony and Samsung) comes with wall-mount.

2. You can go with any branded stabilizer that can satisfy

VA of the Stabilizer * 0.7 > Wattage of your TV

I also learnt that it is good if you can buy an UPS, especially APC. I am using RS series, you can buy the 600VA RS series UPS.

3. WD Live is fine, and they may soon release a new model (just guessing). Also you can consider Asus O play HD2 which might be available by the end of this month.

4. No idea on the COTS TV stand, but if you can afford, try to get it done with a carpenter using plywood + veneer or play wood + laminate. A simple and plain design would look great for flat panels. The cost would be around 30K to 50K

Thank you for your reply. I did not want to hijack somebody else's thread. If any mod can combine with an existing thread, please feel free to do so.

1. Ok. I was thinking I should get it done seperately.
2. I have an home UPS. Do I really need another one just for the plasma ?
3. I am just looking at a player with good navigation.
4. I might delay this a little

TV comes with wallmount bracket .. upto you whether you wanna get it done or not.

Media player - there are tons of thread more than the appearance go by performance.. I think you can figure it after reading the threads.

There are tons of websites for designs .. Go to Ikea website. Any designer websites .. You can search in ebay also...

Good Luck.
Kittu

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back