Help required with Schitt Modi2 Uber

Bloom@83

Banned
Banned
Hello

I have a Marantz PM5005 paired to Elac B6.source is a very cheap Samsung DVD Player.

I've decided to purchase Schitt Modi2 Uber .
https://www.headphonezone.in/collections/dacs/products/schiit-modi-2-uber

However ,as I'm technically not very knowledgable -require a few basic clarifications .

1.How do I connect the Schitt to my DVD player?And how will the Schitt connect with the PM5005?(I understand in this mode the DVD player will only act as transport)

2.How will I connect the Schitt to my laptop and play 24-96(and higher res) files from it?

3.I own a FiiO X1 which plays 24-196 files .How do I connect the Schitt to Fiio?

I would highly appreciate the if anyone explains these things in a layman language.

Best regards

You can connect your dvd player by tosink or coaxial to your dac
Amp willl get connected to dac by rca analogue outs

Can connect your laptop via USB to dac or coaxial if you have usb to spidif converter

Well I tried connecting my FiiO E017 Andes DAC via USB to my laptop. No sound is coming out. Sound is coming out via laptop speakers only. Seems some settings on laptop need adjustment, which I don't know about.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

In your laptop, select speaker output device as Fiio or Schiit modi2. Then output will be redirected to Fio or Schiit DAC.

1. Connect your Laptop to the DAC (You need a cable of USB A Male to USB B)
2.Once you connect for the first time, DAC Driver will be installed automatically.
3. Once the Installation is done, Just "Right click" on the Speaker Icon in the Laptop and select "Palyback Devices".
4.Select the Modi DAC.
5.Select USB in the DAC. "Just keep pressing the Big Button on the DAC, The lights would interchange between USB,Toslink and coaxial"

You cannot connect FiiO X1 to Modi Uber, Since Modi Uber can take only Digital Input and FiiO X1 Doensn't have any Digital Input.So you can connect your DVD\CD player\Laptop via Coaxial\USB\Toslink , which ever available.

Play Music and Enjoy

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back