Help to buy music system

anupum

Hi Guys,
I have recently joined this forum and have been going through the posts. I never thought there is so much that goes into deciding a complete audio-video system.

I need help from all of you, I want to buy a music system for my self and have a budget of around 20-30k. Being frank, initially i was simply considering normal Sony Hi-Fi systems but now I am considering to getting some professional advise from you all and make the right decision.

I was considering speaker system of Bose, Acoustimass 3 Series IV Stereo Speaker System and pairing it up with a good AV receiver maybe like Harmon Kardon, AVR 160.

I really don't know if this is a good combination, I have considered this from my own assumptions. Please advise.

Regards,
Anupum

I still await advise from all you experts guys. Please also suggest if i should get into Onkyo TX-NR509 ?

Hi Guys,
I was considering speaker system of Bose, Acoustimass 3 Series IV Stereo Speaker System and pairing it up with a good AV receiver maybe like Harmon Kardon, AVR 160.

I really don't know if this is a good combination, I have considered this from my own assumptions. Please advise.

AVRs are generally a poor choice for audio systems. You should be better off with a dedicated stereo amp.

If you're not looking for a CDP, I think some options for your budget are:

1.>AudioEngine A5 Speakers
These are powered speakers, so you will not need any external amps. They have a bit of a bass hump at the lower end, but many find the signature pleasing.

2.>Wharfedale Speakers + NorgeAudio Amp
This is a good entry level system. I believe the Wharfedale's have a bit of emphasis on the lower end, but again its a pleasing signature to many folks.

3.>Usher S-520 Speakers + Topping TP20 Amp
S-520 are pretty efficient speakers, and are a good match with the relatively low power TP20 amp. Mids are excellent, treble is good, but bass is just about acceptable.

If you have a budget of 30k I suggest immediately look at

Cambridge Audio 650A Stereo Amplifier - Pune: Music Systems - Home Theatre in Pune at Quikr Pune

or

Good as new Cambridge Audio Azur 640A v2.0 for sale - Gurgaon: Music Systems - Home Theatre in Gurgaon at Quikr Gurgaon

for am amp, these two in particular are good prices for good condition items. You can look at speakers right after.

My suggestion is go for the 640a in delhi if it's still available and 2 pairs of cambridge audio sirocco s30 bookshelves for 14k total. You'll never go back to AVR's or feel something's missing with 4 speakers in 2 channel mode (supported by the amp I believe through speaker a+b feature)

VERY good value for money

There is also another option.. Get topping amp for 4-5,000 Rs and spend 25k on a better speaker pair.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back