Help to decide bookshelf speakers?

a_micky

Hi,
I have the following setup:
avr- Yahama rxv583
Center- Taga Harmony C-90SL
Surround - Taga Harmony S-90SL

Using the S-90SL as front for now and want to upgrade to better bookshelf speakers for the fronts.
Have the following in mind in preferred order:
1. Polk rti3 8 ohms
2. Elac B6 6 ohms
3. Taga Harmony platinum B-40 6 ohms

Question - Can I add 8ohms speakers to fronts while center and surrounds run 6 ohms? Will it damage the avr or speakers?

Using the S-90SL as front for now and want to upgrade to better bookshelf speakers for the fronts.

For tonal matching, ideally you should go with Taga Harmony front, as the center is from them.

Question - Can I add 8ohms speakers to fronts while center and surrounds run 6 ohms? Will it damage the avr or speakers?

No issue there, AVR will adjust accordingly.

Go for the Polk. They are great in a home theatre setup. Receiver will have no issues driving them. Infact would be at ease compared to the 6ohm speakers.

MaSh

Best would be to add an other S90 SL, as your fronts and surrounds would be timbre matched..

Also there is no benefit of upgrading to a speaker of a bigger driver in the same series assuming you have subwoofer or will have subwoofer..

Better yet, add two Taga Harmony C-90SL as your fronts and keep the center.

Best would be to add an other S90 SL, as your fronts and surrounds would be timbre matched..

Also there is no benefit of upgrading to a speaker of a bigger driver in the same series assuming you have subwoofer or will have subwoofer..
Thanks elango. The S90 sl is burning in and sound has improved since day one. I'm kind of liking the sound quality, but family dislikes the protruding tweeter design. Dad says get bigger better speakers for the fronts.

Thanks elango. The S90 sl is burning in and sound has improved since day one. I'm kind of liking the sound quality, but family dislikes the protruding tweeter design. Dad says get bigger better speakers for the fronts.

Then the B40's go out of the selection as they have same tweeter design. I think you should let the fronts burn in more & let the sound performance be imperative over looks. Be patient!

Then the B40's go out of the selection as they have same tweeter design. I think you should let the fronts burn in more & let the sound performance be imperative over looks. Be patient!
How long does it take for the speakers to burn in and output the optimal performance? I bought yhe speakers end of Jan 2018 and have been running them for about 4-5 hpurs per day, mostly on settop box content.

Hi

Typical speaker burn is between 20 to 40 hours....

You will be better off with Taga fronts for sound harmony with the rest....the Polk RtiA3s are good but you may need to do some adjustments n tweaks....i use different speakers for fronts, center and rear....

If your Dad suggest bigger speakers...Look at the Taga towers or high range of bookshelf speakers...

Is taga harmony Azure B40 good speakers? It ticks all boxes for me, but could not find reviews online.

Hi

I am aware that these are S40s....if these sound and are great...definitely the B40s would be better performers.....There are ample videos for Taga Harmony B40s....3 videos uploaded and they are indeed performers...

How long does it take for the speakers to burn in and output the optimal performance? I bought yhe speakers end of Jan 2018 and have been running them for about 4-5 hpurs per day, mostly on settop box content.

You have pretty much burned them in by this yardstick so now you should hear the characteristics of the speakers. The Platinum B40 is your best bet but the tweeter design is not to your family's liking so keep that in mind as that issue will continuously be talked about to your displeasure. As for Azure B40, it is quite refined but series below, Platinum.

Thank you all for the suggestions. I have ordered Azure B40 from hifimart. Hope it performs well as the fronts.

The taga harmony Azure B40 is an amazing speaker. I do not feel the need for a sub woofer any more. Loving the output from the fronts, its not too bright and the bass is at times boomy due to two ported vents in the front. The mids sound perfect too.

Congrats...share pics if you can and possible....upload some demo video on Youtube to benefit future potential buyers....

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back