help with my first HT setup....

theironhorse

HI,

this is probably the first post i am making after being in this forum since weeks. I have gone through almost all posts but still not able to decide..not a big audiophile..but still..
i Own a house now..first one i bought..23y old right now..
.planning to setup home theatre now budget 80K... i want to seperate 50 for the LCD
rest 30 i want to keep for my sound system. I have audiotioned many systems as per all of our experienced members post.

however m still confused.. short listed few combinations.

Onkyo 5.1 ( personally i did not enjoyed it much in the demo..bass is not what u expect and the complete thing was vibrating..sound was a lil tearing at top and no very clear at the lows)

logitech z5500 (my inclination) + xtremer pro ( i dont need a dvd player) have 3000+ movies in multiple hdd's

philips as per recommened by many people

sony dav-dz 690 (1000 w rms)..

i wish to spend around 22-23 but can stretch 5K extra..

plz suggest as i just want to get more experience and later on go ahead with

denon and jamo and wharf..so on..plz suggest..i have many questions in mind..
m a pc freak got one high end custom build but novice in matter of sound..however quite familiar with the terminology....

plz help....

also my hall size where i want to do my setup is 20x10 however i will use half of this space for the htib..also...70% movies 30% music..m a bass lover thats what attracted me..people commented that logi..got a boomy bass and muddy...but i felt it good..
again its thx certified and onboard digital decoding..

philips and sony also got featured..but they do not play mkv..also i can lick logi with xtremer pro..for upscaling and bd playback....plz suggest..

Hi Welcome to the forum first. And congratulations on being a home owner at such an young age. I wish I had your foresight when I was that age.

Since you already have a PC, do you an option of using it as your source? This way a good soundcard with decent speakers will make your A/V system come alive. Once you confirm, I can offer suggestions instead of taking you down different paths.

HI,

this is probably the first post i am making after being in this forum since weeks. I have gone through almost all posts but still not able to decide..not a big audiophile..but still..
i Own a house now..first one i bought..23y old right now..
.planning to setup home theatre now budget 80K... i want to seperate 50 for the LCD
rest 30 i want to keep for my sound system. I have audiotioned many systems as per all of our experienced members post.

however m still confused.. short listed few combinations.

Onkyo 5.1 ( personally i did not enjoyed it much in the demo..bass is not what u expect and the complete thing was vibrating..sound was a lil tearing at top and no very clear at the lows)

logitech z5500 (my inclination) + xtremer pro ( i dont need a dvd player) have 3000+ movies in multiple hdd's

philips as per recommened by many people

sony dav-dz 690 (1000 w rms)..

i wish to spend around 22-23 but can stretch 5K extra..

plz suggest as i just want to get more experience and later on go ahead with

denon and jamo and wharf..so on..plz suggest..i have many questions in mind..
m a pc freak got one high end custom build but novice in matter of sound..however quite familiar with the terminology....

plz help....

also my hall size where i want to do my setup is 20x10 however i will use half of this space for the htib..also...70% movies 30% music..m a bass lover thats what attracted me..people commented that logi..got a boomy bass and muddy...but i felt it good..
again its thx certified and onboard digital decoding..

philips and sony also got featured..but they do not play mkv..also i can lick logi with xtremer pro..for upscaling and bd playback....plz suggest..

PC CAN BE USED AS A SOURCE..

conf is

core2duo 2.6
hdd 750 gb 3x250 seagate barracuda 7200( raid 0)
nvidia motherboard
nvidia 9800 gtx graphics card
sound blaster 5.1 sound card
as well as 24 bit realtek hd audio onbard (got spdif out)

22 inch viewsonic monitor.. jbl creature speakers..

However i want to keep it seperate..it can be used as a temp solution.

what i thought i have got a netgear router so i can stream media directly
to the tv through the extremer on wifi and the optical out from the
media player to the speaker setup. the only reason for me selecting xtremer over wdtv is the wireless networking however wdtv can be used with wifi
not sure how succesful it is..
i am from jaipur ..in hyderabad since last 2 years... plz suggest

forgot to mention pc also got hdmi out and hdmi audio out as seperate onboard...also saw the budget..tv gonna get a lil costlier so wanna wrap it up quick..will post the pics of my place once i get the setup so i can get help for the placement of the speakers.

also help me with places in hyderabad if possible so i can demo the htib's

Last edited:
In this budget, you have the follow options:

Go for the best philips 5.1

Go for a HTiB from Polk or Jamo and get a receiver, thus, extend your budget by at least 10-15k
Import the same from abroad to settle within your budget

Get a 2.0 or 2.1 of high quality

80K is very tight budget, there is not much of a choise except to go for an HTiB. I think I already metioned you about my HT purchase in your other thread (LCD one). A seperate route within 30K is difficult almost impossible. Try DENON 1610 and Warfadale 9.X series, Audition Polk Audio, JAMO and Onkyo all have an HTiB <50K.

thx..will try also i have checked the denon 390xp and basic yamaha 5.1 both within 30..
will go for philips demo in a day or two..

thx sams9..however denon 1610 is i guess around 25k and how much wharf... 5.1 will cost ?

Whraf 9.1 around 9,10K (Pair)
Whraf 9.2 around 13,14K
Whraf Sub SW150 around 15,18k
Whraf center 5,7K

Taking the upper limit it adds to 49-50K plus 25 for 1610 = 75K pretty much in your budget. If you want a more aggressive spk package I would say QAcoustics 1010i for 50K is a better bet.

Hello there!

Have just become a part of the largest audio enthusiasts forum.

Have been reading the threads for almost a month,I must say it has been very informative.

Have always been a music lover (all kinds) and have always wanted a good system.

Have auditioned many systems including Jamo+ sherwood, polkaudio, pioneer todoroki, bose etc

Out of them a I liked the Jamo and sharewood combo. I have a tight budget of 40000/-

and need some help from all you experts ...

Cheers!!

het techboy u stated to get it from abroad...how is that applicable..lemme know the way available....will do the same...

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back