Help with selecting the right Power Amplifier

Do you find the 4500 underpowered while driving the Dalis?

MaSh
No not at all. Right now m in a 5.1.2 config and soon will go to 5.1.4 so all 9 channels will be used. I just thought if i use a 5 channel amp there will be more headroom and the avr will be free

Pre owned Marantz SR6005/7/8 may be available within 30-35 k. Either you need to find it on olx or wait till it comes on classified section of this forum. This may be the cheapest option to increase the power. You can try other brands of AVR also which have multi channels analog input.
Ok

Is outlaw audio available in India? They have good reviews for entry and mid level amps. Outlaw 5000 seems to have the tag as the best entry level power amp

Is outlaw audio available in India? They have good reviews for entry and mid level amps. Outlaw 5000 seems to have the tag as the best entry level power amp
Outlaw Audio only sells in the continental US.
Most of their multichannel amps are 110-120V only.
Only their monoblocks have a switch to select input mains voltage.
They are built like tanks. For HT they have proper slam and grunt.
Musically they are not the finest of power amps.
Cheers,
Raghu

Outlaw Audio only sells in the continental US.
Most of their multichannel amps are 110-120V only.
Only their monoblocks have a switch to select input mains voltage.
They are built like tanks. For HT they have proper slam and grunt.
Musically they are not the finest of power amps.
Cheers,
Raghu
Ok thats sad to know

There is brand called as QSC , who make dedicated amps and speakers only for HT. They are widely acclaimed. And have lots of grunt. Maybe worth a try to Google them and see. All the best :)

There is brand called as QSC , who make dedicated amps and speakers only for HT. They are widely acclaimed. And have lots of grunt. Maybe worth a try to Google them and see. All the best :)
Yeah checked them as well. They only have 4 and 2 channel amps but seems promising. I am looking for 5 channel

Yeah checked them as well. They only have 4 and 2 channel amps but seems promising. I am looking for 5 channel

Okay...trust me..you don't need a 5 channel power amp at all. I understand that you only need 2 channels of additional amplification at the moment. So add a 2 channel integrated amp with HT bypass inputs for front L&R speakers. This will also open up a exciting world of pure 2 channel audio. So you can start having more itches for dac's, streamers, phono stages for TT, and eventually a TT too. All the best :)

Okay...trust me..you don't need a 5 channel power amp at all. I understand that you only need 2 channels of additional amplification at the moment. So add a 2 channel integrated amp with HT bypass inputs for front L&R speakers. This will also open up a exciting world of pure 2 channel audio. So you can start having more itches for dac's, streamers, phono stages for TT, and eventually a TT too. All the best :)
Well i am a pure HT person with 0% interest in listening to music o_O. Anyways thanks for your inputs and that is the main reason in opening this thread to understand and learn every combos and brands available. I am not in a hurry and the denon 4500 is doing an excellent job

Last edited:
Buy any pro audio amp..
Crown or qsc preferably.
But yeah.. stereo amp means you need 3.
I gurantee that marantz etc cannot come close to these in performance.

Qsc DCA series is in another league.
Yeah I have no interest in Marantz amp. Rating is given for two channels alone. I am going to keep an eye on OLX , for sale section and see if I get a good deal.

Thanks mash seems like u need a step down transformer to use the power amp. Not very comfortable using it in such a set up

Hmm if I understand it right, the Preamp needs a step-down, not the power amp. Did you confirm with the seller?

MaSh

Hmm if I understand it right, the Preamp needs a step-down, not the power amp. Did you confirm with the seller?

MaSh
It’s the power amp that requires a step up I guess cause seller has mentioned it operates at 120v

Dear FM's

I require your expertise with selecting the right power amp. My requirement is 5 channel with minimum continuous power of 80 watts when all channels driven and most importantly THD should be 0.05% or less. I don't know a lot about power amplifier's, available brands and what specs to look out for. Through google research i came across 2 models that met my requirements one is the emotiva bass x 500 which has a 5 channel rating of 80 watts and economical as well. But draw back for me is its THD rating is 0.1% and i want minimum 0.05% and also no damping factor.Next comes the rotel RMB 1555 which ticks all my expectation with 120 watts all channel driven THD of 0.03% and damping factor 180. But the Rotel price is 1700 USD well above my budget. So kindly advice. I am in no hurry to buy a power amp may take 6-8 months in getting one but i started this thread so i can collect enough information and invest wisely when i have the funds ready
Oh congrats just saw the thread will keep an eye on it for detailed review on the Amp. so THD 0.1% will not have a huge difference from 0.05%? Cause the 2400 had 0.08% rating and now with the denon 4500 rated at 0.05% i can feel the difference clearly with the speaker performance

That's a lot of numbers you have considered in your criteria.
If you can hear differences between 50W vs 80W or 0.05% vs 0.08% THD, you have bat ears (just pulling your leg :))
If you are not too hung up on "watts", "THD", etc consider this option.

Parasound ZoneMaster 650
It has 50Wpc output (normal mode); Class A/B input stage and Class D power stage.
Lots of flexibility and control features. May not play at THX levels, but may work for your room/speakers.
Eg. for 5 channel amplification you could use:
- zone 1 for fronts
- zone 2 for rears
- zone 3 (normal or bridged) for center
Light enough (5.5 Kg) to be carried by someone coming from US. Just ensure the correct mains voltage model.

If you want an all external powered Atmos solution, check
Parasound ZoneMaster 1250
Sample config:
- zone 1/2/3 in bridged mode for L/R/C
- zone 4/5/6 in stereo for surrounds/heights
It weighs 7.7 Kg

Cheers,
Raghu

Last edited:
Check the crown 1502. The THD is higher than you want but has a lot of power. Have read very good reviews for use in HT and can be used in bridged mode also for center channel. Cost is reasonable between 25 and 28k. Even if you buy three of these you will be within budget and have tonnes of power.

MaSh

This item has been sitting in olx for long. Seems less interested by buyers for step down transformer reason.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back