Help with selecting the right Power Amplifier

Why not try a 3 channel power amplifier approach? You need most of the grunt for the front speakers, that is Front Left and Right and the Center channel. The rest can be fed via the 4500. Taking away some load off the 4500 should help power the remaining channels quite easily.

Emotiva is easily the most value for money solution out there and there is no cost cutting to the sound. Their after sales support is superb too.

Why not try a 3 channel power amplifier approach? You need most of the grunt for the front speakers, that is Front Left and Right and the Center channel. The rest can be fed via the 4500. Taking away some load off the 4500 should help power the remaining channels quite easily.

Emotiva is easily the most value for money solution out there and there is no cost cutting to the sound. Their after sales support is superb too.
Sure will consider 3 channel option as wel. I have my mind set on emotiva bass x 500 if I don’t find any other amp in my budget

In your case emotiva A-500 is good options for LCR. In future if you upgrade your front book shelf speakers to floor standing speakers you can bi-amplify them with remaining two amplifier channels. You need to study on that now considering future upgrade.

Thank you all. For now i am settling for an used 5 channel amp. A kind gentleman from forum gave this to me for a decent price.Please find the details of the amp. AMC25100

Attachments

• AMC25100.PNG
    AMC25100.PNG
    908.8 KB · Views: 82
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    215.8 KB · Views: 82
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    470.1 KB · Views: 80
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    226.5 KB · Views: 77
Thank you all. For now i am settling for an used 5 channel amp. A kind gentleman from forum gave this to me for a decent price.Please find the details of the amp. AMC25100
Happy for you. You found a solution of your liking and in your budget.
Now go relax or jump on that "on-the-bed-bean-bag" and bring on the fun!!
Cheers,
Raghu

Congratulations..What is the difference you have found in adding AMC amp to Denon AVR
Thanks. Well I used to keep the master volume at -12 DB for movies in Denon . After connecting the power amp if I keep the volume at -12b it’s sounds very low like how the Denon sounds at -15 or -16 dB. So If increase the volume to -10 and for some contents -9 dB and that is when the PA really shines. And also in stereo mode, direct or pure direct the Denon 4500 sounds better compared to the PA. While watching movies the performance of the drivers in the speakers have improved and I get good mid bass now. Main reason is since I increase the master volume sub also now plays at higher volume and since the speakers are also producing good mid’s and lows. The tweeter’s performance haven’t improved and I feel it was louder with the Denon. But at this price I can’t expect much. Overall a decent addition. Later I’ll get a good PA for LCR and use this for surrounds and atmos speakers.

Thanks. Well I used to keep the master volume at -12 DB for movies in Denon . After connecting the power amp if I keep the volume at -12b it’s sounds very low like how the Denon sounds at -15 or -16 dB. So If increase the volume to -10 and for some contents -9 dB and that is when the PA really shines. And also in stereo mode, direct or pure direct the Denon 4500 sounds better compared to the PA. While watching movies the performance of the drivers in the speakers have improved and I get good mid bass now. Main reason is since I increase the master volume sub also now plays at higher volume and since the speakers are also producing good mid’s and lows. The tweeter’s performance haven’t improved and I feel it was louder with the Denon. But at this price I can’t expect much. Overall a decent addition. Later I’ll get a good PA for LCR and use this for surrounds and atmos speakers.
Ok .Enjoy.
Why you are increasing the sub volume? I suggest that once Audyssey XT32 sets your sub level ,don't try to increase the volume by sub knob .If required you can adjust it in the level setting of sub manually in AVR.

Ok .Enjoy.
Why you are increasing the sub volume? I suggest that once Audyssey XT32 sets your sub level ,don't try to increase the volume by sub knob .If required you can adjust it in the level setting of sub manually in AVR.
Not the sub volume I meant the master volume. So in Denon I watch movies at -12 dB but now with this PA watching at -10db So now the sub sounds louder

Not the sub volume I meant the master volume. So in Denon I watch movies at -12 dB but now with this PA watching at -10db So now the sub sounds louder

If I were you, I wouldn't get a power amp if the room is not that large. I'd sell the 4500H and go for the 8500H to cater your requirement. Not just that and it'll be a single box solution and wife wouldn't also be very disappointed. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be behind from similar range 'SEPARATES' .. :)

If I were you, I wouldn't get a power amp if the room is not that large. I'd sell the 4500H and go for the 8500H to cater your requirement. Not just that and it'll be a single box solution and wife wouldn't also be very disappointed. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be behind from similar range 'SEPARATES' .. :)
Selling the 4500 for 8500 is an unwanted expense IMO. I can just spend a fraction of the cost and get a good PA and be done with it. Anyways this is an old thread and I got an used PA and sold it after using it for some time. Let me tell u wife will be hugely disappointed if I tell her I am going to sell the 4500 and if she comes to know I am planning to go for 8500 it’s is going to be chaos at home.

Selling the 4500 for 8500 is an unwanted expense IMO. I can just spend a fraction of the cost and get a good PA and be done with it. Anyways this is an old thread and I got an used PA and sold it after using it for some time. Let me tell u wife will be hugely disappointed if I tell her I am going to sell the 4500 and if she comes to know I am planning to go for 8500 it’s is going to be chaos at home.

Yes. I agree.. PA too wouldn't be a worthy addition either if the room isn't that large...

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back